What is useful white grapes
The grapevine is popular due to the beneficial substances contained in the fruits. One of the most common types of culture is white grapes. It covers almost 50% of all cultivated varieties.
The benefits of white grapes
White grape characteristic
Vines are grown all over the world. White grapes are appreciated for their taste: they are used in winemaking, in the manufacture of raisins, they are used fresh, for conservation, in the cosmetic industry. A distinctive feature of berries of white varieties is their light green color, acquired during the natural mutation of the genes responsible for the synthesis of anthocyanins, the presence of which in large numbers makes the fruits darker.
White grapes externally differs from its dark relative. Berries of various shapes: can be round, oval, elongated and even curved. Thin or thick peels, depending on the variety, can be coated with a wax coating. The pulp of white grapes is characterized by variability: from softness to hardness.
During ripening, a change in the chemical composition of the fruits occurs, which is expressed in a decrease in acidity, an increase in the sugar content in berries, as well as complex essential oils.
According to hygiene standards, the content in grape berries of various toxic elements and pesticides must meet the standards. White grape varieties may be more susceptible to the negative effects of these substances, therefore, to maintain good health, it is better to opt for healthy grapes grown organically. The rot present on the berries indicates the presence of fungal diseases, and therefore use such fruits with caution.
There is a separation of grape varieties by taste, which includes groups with ordinary (a combination of acidity and sweetness or neutrality), nutmeg (taste and aroma with a nutmeg shade), nightshade (grassy flavor of nightshade berries), isabial taste (strawberry, blackcurrant, pineapple) .
The entire range of white grapes can be divided into 3 main groups according to the purpose of use. They represent a definition of taste and external characteristics, features of the use of grapes, its value. Varieties may be:
- Dining rooms designed for eating ready-to-eat, as well as for preparing salads and desserts. This grape stands out for its taste: it is sweet, juicy, aromatic, its appearance is large clusters and large berries. The most famous representatives of the table type of grapes are Valentina, White Wonder, White Giant, Maxi, White Flame, Ladies' Fingers, Arcadia, White Kishmish.
- Technical used for winemaking. This white grape is characterized by a high percentage of juice in the berries, acidity or sugar content, thin peel, thin strong aroma. The berry is intended for juice, preparation of sparkling and white wines of different strengths. Bunches of grapes of these varieties pass strict control and require special growing conditions. If, when drinking juice or a wine drink, rot is felt in it, it was made in violation of technological standards. The most common varieties are Aurora, Bianca, Zigerebe, Johaniter, Muscat, Aligota, Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Malvasia.
- Universal, or wine-dining rooms. The properties make them suitable for both table consumption and wine making. For such purposes, Aurora, Rkatsiteli, Muscat ottonel, Albio are used.
Calorie content of white grapes
Berries increase appetite
There is no big difference in calorie content between white and dark grape varieties. However, white grapes are often sweeter. Eating white berries increases your appetite, but even a late meal in the form of a bunch of grapes will not do any harm. The caloric value of white grape fruit differs, depending on the variety:
- Grapes with seeds per 100 g of product has 60.3 kcal. A 100-gram serving includes 0.54 g of protein, 0.04 g of fat, 14.9 g of carbon. The composition of berries includes various vitamins and minerals, minerals and water.
- In the grape seedless grapes in 100 g, 61.1 kcal is concentrated. This number of berries contains 0.5 g of protein, 0.1 g of fat, 15.1 g of carbohydrates. Such grapes are often sweeter in taste and safe for children.
The energy value of the product in the ratio of fats, proteins and carbohydrates (bju) is 3% / 8% / 86%. 1 kg of berries per day replaces 230 g of bread, 400 g of meat, 1 kg of potato or milk in calories.
White grapes are valued not only for their taste, but also for the richness of their chemical composition. It includes organic acids: malic, citric, tartaric, succinic. The taste of white homemade grapes convinces us of the presence of saccharides represented by glucose and fructose. An important indicator is the presence in the berries of a useful pectin substance, flavanoids (Kakhetin and epikachetin). White grape varieties are valued for their mineral and vitamin composition. They contain vitamins PP, B6, B2, B1, B9, H, K, C, A, E and minerals: potassium, phosphorus, silicon, boron, iron, vanadium, iodine, cobalt, copper, manganese, lithium.
The berries of white grape varieties and their components are used in the treatment of many diseases or to remove symptoms. Also, the fruits have a diuretic, sedative, restorative, laxative, anti-cancer and antifungal effects. The beneficial properties of home-made white grapes support the treatment of the body in the following cases:
- The use of berries from 3 to 5 times a week in small quantities can prevent the development of heart and vascular diseases. This tool serves as a warning of the risk of blood diseases: anemia, thrombophlebitis, atherosclerosis, improves hematopoietic processes, increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- The substances contained in the fruits strengthen the immune system, improve metabolism, and have a prophylactic effect against kidney and liver diseases.
- A large amount of fiber in the berries helps cleanse the body of toxic elements, blocking the harm that they cause to internal organs, and toxins.
- A bunch of grapes, eaten, affects the gallbladder, has a choleretic property, removes sand.
- Berries improve mood. The use of 10-15 berries per day helps to cope with apathy and depression, replenishes the person’s energy supply.
- Thanks to the action of the components of white grapes, it is possible to reduce the risk of the appearance of pathologies of vision arising at an older age: macular degeneration of the retina, cataract.
- Significant benefits are observed when eating berries with the appearance of cough, asthma, and chronic tuberculosis. They improve the general condition of the lungs and respiratory tract.
- Converted into gruel, small raisins are used as ointments for lichen and pruritus.
Features of white grapes indicate that it has great benefits to the body. Berries of white varieties are rich in many vitamins and minerals, have high energy value. When using this product, attention is paid to the dosage, quality and absence of allergic reactions, then the health and well-being will be significant.