At what temperature do eggplants grow
Eggplant is whimsical to the environment, and also needs nutrients in the ground. The optimum temperature of eggplant seedlings allows you to grow a healthy culture.
Eggplant Growing Temperature
Selection of seeds for planting
First of all, pay attention to the choice of eggplant seeds and prepare them for planting.
The acquisition of quality seeds is the basis for a good harvest. It is better to acquire planting material in specialized institutions.
Key selection factors:
- If you prefer to purchase seeds on the market, take only from trusted sellers.
- When choosing a variety for sowing, give preference to those plants that have been bred for a particular climate. For example, hybrids, which are recommended for cultivation in the middle lane, can withstand insignificant changes in temperature and increase in humidity.
- When choosing planting material, pay attention to the integrity of the package. Tears, fading of color, drips of paint indicate improper storage of seeds.
- The next point is the expiration date. Eggplant seeds can be stored for 5 years. But buying fresher ones increases the chance of good shoots.
- Buying treated seeds (granular, glazed, coated, inlaid) is a great advantage, because the special coating that appears around the seeds contains a large number of different substances that contribute to the rapid germination. Such material does not need additional processing and disinfection.
- It is better to buy several types of seeds. In this case, the chance of the appearance of good sprouts increases significantly.
If you prepare the seeds in advance, you can speed up the growing process, prevent various diseases and get the highest quality and rich harvest. Preplant treatment includes a number of activities.
Calibration and expiration date
First of all, we sort the seeds by size, we separate large from small ones. This allows you to grow friendly seedlings and a larger crop. Seeds of the same size germinate and produce the same crop for the reason that at the time of growth, more and more nutrients are absorbed, respectively, those that germinate earlier absorb more substances than those that have not yet sprouted. Thus, they inhibit the development of other seeds.
It is believed that small seeds should be discarded and only large ones should be left. It’s a myth, just plant seeds of approximately equal size, making them easier to grow.
Inspect the material carefully. Ideal seeds for planting have a light beige color without holes and damage. If grains have damaged spots, stains or unusual color, sift them out.
After a visual inspection, you need to check the seed material for germination. To make sure that something grows out of them, put them in the seminal solution for about 10-15 minutes. Those that remain on top are discarded, the remaining ones are dried and prepared for the next stage.
Plants need good care
Before growing plant seeds, disinfect them with a manganese solution in order to reduce the likelihood of disease or heat treatment
For disinfection in the second way:
- Soak in warm (more than 45 °) water for 10-15 minutes.
- We pour it into cold water for a couple of minutes.
- We place in the finished solution of trace elements for 12 hours.
- Move to a refrigerator or other cold and dry place for a day and dry well.
The recipe for a solution that replaces the purchased: 2.5 gr. dilute wood ash in 0.5 l. water. If there is no ash in the arsenal, use nitrofoska. The effectiveness of the home solution is lower, but the composition is natural.
Basic landing requirements
For eggplants to grow well, they need a fertile piece of land and a regimen.
They can not stand stagnation of moisture and heavy clay soil. The main need is airy, loose and nutritious soil.
Do not plant the culture in the beds where before that there were tomatoes, potatoes and the like, because they are attacked by similar infections. It is better to grow seedlings after pepper, cucumbers, legumes, melons, pumpkins. After them remains a nutrient medium - this also applies to pepper, despite similar diseases with eggplant.
The recommended temperature regime for eggplant planting is -15-30 ° С. Vegetables love heat and at temperatures below 15 ° C the sprout loses leaves and can completely deteriorate, it is recommended that the temperature when planting rise to 30 ° C. You should not hurry to plant in a greenhouse or in open space, in the middle Russian zone, a favorable time begins in late May and early July.
After the first sprouts appear, we adjust the temperature regime.
Daytime from 23 ° C to 27 ° C, and at night 14-18 ° C. Minimal differences are necessary for hardening the root system of the future vegetable.
Another plus of this difference is the addiction to low temperatures of seedlings, and from here there are great chances that it will not freeze and does not disappear, especially with the climate in our country.
As a rule, there is not enough natural light for stable growth and development of seedlings. It is best to use phytolamps, but ordinary fluorescent lamps are also suitable.
Additional lighting is required so that the sprouts do not stretch and become pale and weak. This condition can be called prophylaxis against various infections seedlings already planted in open ground.
The second additional condition for the care of seedlings is top dressing.
Many experts, if necessary, recommend the following types of dressing:
- the first feeding should take place without picking, as well as 7-10 days after emergence, and when using picking, the optimal days are 10 and 11 9 after the procedure);
- any of the following top dressings are used to stimulate vegetation at intervals of 7-10 days.
Each top dressing is combined with watering, the only way to grow high-quality seedlings.
All processes take from 50 to 70 days and as a result get excellent seedlings for an open plot of land.
The temperature for young eggplant seedlings should be high, so transplantation is usually done either in the evening from 17 to 20 hours, or on a cloudy day. Also, in the first weeks it is necessary to shelter each seedling from direct sunlight, for this they use either greenhouse film or paper cones-covers.