Watering cabbage with fertilizers
In agricultural technology to obtain a rich harvest of cabbage can not do without the use of fertilizers. Indeed, at the stage of development of deciduous mass, the plant needs nitrogen. During the ripening period of the head, it needs potassium and phosphorus. Consider the correct watering of cabbage and how much nutrition is needed.
Watering cabbage with fertilizers
Growing cabbage requires compliance with the regime of watering and fertilizing. Some gardeners begin to fertilize already at the sowing stage. They season special wells with nutritious mixtures, into which seeds are then planted. If the cabbage is an early variety, then the plant is fertilized 2 times from the time of planting to the start of harvest. Ripe and late cabbage is fed at least 3 times per season.
The most effective solutions for watering cabbage:
Each solution has its own proportions and application features. If they are not observed, then this will negatively affect the harvest.
Cabbage is the main representative of the cruciferous family. Plants of this species should not be watered with cold water. For plants of this family, cold water may become the reason for the unplanned formation of the root system. As a result, the ovary is not formed or it is very weak and underdeveloped. In addition, ice water provokes the development of the disease. In order to prevent such a development of the situation, it is enough to adhere to such irrigation rules:
- Watering must be carried out with warm water from 17 to 23 ° C.
- The frequency of watering is determined by the stage of development of the vegetable. Most often watered after planting and at the stage of head formation. In the phase of growing leafy (green) mass, the frequency of irrigation decreases.
- Watering methods vary by variety. Some individual varieties are more sensitive and demanding on the regime. Also, the amount of additional feeding with water is determined by the aridity of the climate, the number of clear and rainy days. As necessary, plants are irrigated twice a day. For 1 irrigation use from 10 to 30 liters per 1 m2 under normal conditions. During drought, the amount of fertilizer increases to 45-50 liters per 1 m2.
Water is the main component of top dressing. To increase the yield indicators, a solution is created in which it is diluted with hydrogen peroxide. To destroy pests and prevent the development of diseases, water is used with soda or potassium permanganate.
Feeding with iodine
The amount of iodine in a plant depends on the saturation of the soil and groundwater with this element. Most often, it is not enough, so it is recommended to fertilize the plant with iodized solutions. Official agrotechnology claims that iodine supplementation is optional for plants, but its benefits have been proven in practice.
Iodine will increase the yield of plants
Such top dressing:
- affects metabolism at the intercellular level;
- acts as a stimulant;
- favorably affects the size and coloring of the fruit and taste;
- increases productivity indicators;
- prevents disease.
Iodized top dressing is performed at the stage of head formation. The procedure is recommended to be carried out in cloudy weather. Iodine is diluted in proportion to 10 l / 40 drops. On one bush use 1 liter of solution.
Urea belongs to the category of nitrogen fertilizers. They are in demand because of their effectiveness, low cost and availability.
But at the same time, it is necessary to distinguish between the strengths and weaknesses of fertilizing cabbage with ammonia or solutions based on this chemical compound. Urea has these advantages:
- It is a good prophylactic against pests;
- accelerates the growth of green mass;
- if you follow the application rules, nitrates do not accumulate.
- Urea has a nitrogen base, so it has a lower temperature.
- If the fertilizer is applied incorrectly, this leads either to burns or to the death of seedlings.
- It does not mix well with other fertilizers.
Urea is an ideal option for the first feeding. But fertilizers are applied only if they were not used during planting. For irrigation, a solution is prepared based on 10 g of water 30 g of urea. Before the introduction of urea, seedlings need to be well watered.
If the fruits of cabbage are twisted, start to grow smaller, then this is a signal that the vegetable needs to be fertilized with boric acid. This component creates ideal protection against diseases, activates the development and transformation of roots. The peculiarity of boron is that it takes part in the synthesis of trace elements, therefore, feeding with boric acid stabilizes metabolic processes, increases the amount of chlorophyll. Watering the bushes with a solution containing boron, the gardener increases the yield and shelf life.
There are several applications:
- Seed treatment is needed to prevent and stimulate growth. 0.2 g of boron is dissolved in 1 liter of water. Seeds are placed in this solution for 12 or 24 hours.
- If there is a lack of element, the soil is fertilized as follows: 1 liter of solution is needed per 1 m2. Watering is done before transplanting seedlings.
- Foliar treatment during growth is performed 3 times. Proportion of 0.1 g per 1 liter. If boric acid is used in combination with other drugs, then its concentration decreases.
- Under the root make a solution, only if there is a lack of element. Initially, the plant must be watered with water, after fertilizing (0.2 g per 1 liter).
Boron is used as an effective tool for pest control. He fights well with ants and other insects.
Fertilizing is an important component of the growth and development of vegetables. But the main thing is to strictly observe the rules and proportions of watering. After all, this is the only way to get high quality and product yield indicators.