Watering cabbage with ammonia
Ammonium chloride is a medicine with a very characteristic smell. For medicinal purposes, it is used to induce vomiting, to withdraw from a fainting state, as well as for neuralgia. Also pour cabbage with ammonia.
Watering cabbage with ammonia
Ammonia (chemical formula NH3) is a colorless gas that, when combined with water, forms a new substance known as ammonia (NH4OH). It is he who is a universal fertilizer, which is suitable for spraying most garden and garden crops. The drug can be purchased at pharmacies and stores specializing in garden tools. Many vegetable growers are puzzled by the question of whether it is necessary to process cabbage with ammonia?
Professionals argue that there is a benefit. Ammonia for cabbage is an excellent development aid. Ammonia protects against pests, and helps restore previously fertile soils.
Watering cabbage with ammonia helps get rid of pests such as:
- secretive proboscis;
Volatile compounds that are part of the drug dissipate quickly enough. It is this smell that guarantees complete elimination of insects.
Ammonia as fertilizer
Nitrogen is an essential component for plant growth. It is part of chlorophyll, lipoids and plant organelles.
Assimilation of nitrogen by plants occurs exclusively through various chemical compounds from the soil. Therefore, the process of assimilation is quite complicated. Plants may experience some developmental problems: the formation of ovaries slows down, the leaves lose their color and become fragile. As soon as these problems appear, you need to process the young cabbage with ammonia.
Interestingly, nitrogen is much simpler and faster absorbed in ammonia than in standard organic complex fertilizers. And most importantly, the price of a drug is much lower than garden feeding.
How to properly prepare nitrogen fertilizer
Follow the rules
The treatment of cabbage with ammonia has several to be carried out according to the rules. Vegetable does not respond very well to this chemical compound. The indicator of need for it is relatively small. Therefore, the use of top dressing should be performed with extreme caution in the indicated proportions.
An excess of watering the soil with ammonia is dangerous because harmful nitrates will accumulate in the edible parts of the vegetable. Excessive irrigation is fraught with an excess of green mass and burns on the leaves.
In order to properly and harmlessly process salad cabbage with ammonia, it is necessary to adhere to the following ratios:
- For fertilizing the soil. The procedure is carried out only if an acute shortage of nitrogen was previously noted. To prepare the soil for planting a vegetable crop, it is well watered with fertilizer. The procedure is performed 12-14 days before the start of disembarkation. Calculation of proportions: 50 ml. on 10 l of water.
- To process the seedlings before planting, you need to prepare 10 liters of water and dilute 10 ml of the drug into them. A well is poured with this solution (0.5 l each). Such treatment will protect the vegetable from attacks of harmful insects. For seedlings, it is completely harmless, rather useful, as it will become a good source of minerals.
- Insecticidal solution. To prepare it, you will need water, ammonia, laundry soap. Proportion: 10 l. water is taken 50 ml of the drug and 40-50 gr. soap (household). The last component can be pre-crushed (grate) and be sure to pour warm water for dissolution. For greater convenience, the soap is replaced with a similar product, such as: baby shampoo or dishwashing liquid. To pests were completely destroyed, irrigation is carried out twice with an interval of 7-10 days.
- Spraying young cabbage with ammonia from pests as a preventive measure. To do this, you need to prepare a solution, which includes the same components as in the insecticidal. But there will be a slightly different proportion. 10 liters water needs 25 ml of ammonia and 40-50 gr. detergent. Processing is carried out during the growing season every 7 days. The plant will be protected from midges, slugs, caterpillars and aphids.
- Basal top dressing. Cabbage can be watered with ammonia in the following proportion: 6 tbsp. l ammonia, bred in 10 liters. water. This solution is poured into the basal area, 500 ml are used for each bush. Before irrigation, the plant is carefully watered with water. The procedure is repeated no more than 1 p. in 7 days.
How to spray a plant
Ammonia spraying is an efficient and quick way to process. It consists of several simple steps:
- In a separate container, a prophylactic or insecticidal solution is mixed.
- As soon as it becomes homogeneous, it is poured into a sprayer.
- Processing should be thorough and uniform. During irrigation, you need to ensure that the lower parts of the vegetable are covered. Belianka most often lays eggs on the back of the leaf.
Safety measures when working with ammonia
This is an extremely toxic agent that can harm the body. Therefore, when working with a substance, due attention should be paid to the rules of individual safety:
- prepare a respirator (gauze dressing) to protect the upper respiratory tract;
- put on clothes that cover your hands as much as possible and always gloves;
- the solution is best diluted in the open air, in extreme cases, in a well-ventilated area;
- Do not mix the drug with chlorine-based products;
- ammonia can provoke a sharp increase in pressure, so people with hypertension are not recommended to prepare a solution;
- it is necessary to store the drug out of the reach of children and pets, since when you inhale ammonia, reflex respiratory arrest can occur.
Liquid ammonia is a universal remedy that simultaneously performs the role of pest protection and top dressing. But during the introduction of this drug, it must be remembered that low concentrated solutions should be used for treatment and prevention. Otherwise, the grower will lose a significant portion of the crop.