Varietal features of zucchini Yasmin F1
Zucchini Yasmin F1 was bred by Japanese farmers representing the well-known brand Sakata. This variety has a high yield and quite unpretentious to weather conditions. Vegetables are grown both in greenhouses and in open land.
Varietal features of zucchini Yasmin F1
In Russia, this vegetable marrow is very popular not only among producers and farmers of large agricultural firms, but also among the local population.
This species belongs to the subtype of zucchini. It is a low shrub with branches gathered in one place. Its leaves are small for its variety, therefore it compactly occupies the estimated area. They also differ in weak dissection and in some places are covered with barely noticeable spots.
In addition, it is resistant to various diseases and pathogens.
Fruits have the following characteristics:
- cylindrical shape;
- pronounced yellow hue;
- length up to 25 cm:
- weight of mature squash - up to 300 g;
- medium-sized elliptical seeds;
- the flesh is dense cream color.
The advantages of this variety include:
- the compactness of bushes, which in their own way do not spread their branches over a long distance: by 1 square. m you can plant up to 5 bushes of zucchini;
- all fruits grow synchronously. This allows you to harvest at one time, without leaving some vegetables for a late period due to the fact that they did not have time to ripen;
- hybrids grow quickly - in 40 days. This property saves time and effort;
- zucchini can be grown both in greenhouse conditions and on open ground, so farmers have a choice where it is better to sow or plant a plant;
- fruits contain a large amount of carotene.
The only drawback is the seeds, which by their characteristics are not suitable for further planting and propagation of the plant. It is necessary to sow already processed seeds. You can buy them in specialized stores in packs of 5 pieces.
It is possible to grow a variety both in the open ground and under the film. In the second case, seedlings are used, which are obtained in a bright, warm place (in an apartment it can be a windowsill or a loggia). This method is also suitable in cases where harvesting is planned in the middle of the summer season.
In the north of Russia, it is better to grow zucchini in a greenhouse
The greenhouse is suitable for the area where the summers are cool and sunny: these are the northern regions of Russia.
For the proper cultivation of fruits, it is necessary to carry out a set of measures before planting seeds:
- in the autumn period, it is recommended to loosen well or dig a soil layer up to 20 cm deep so that the soil is well saturated with oxygen;
- mineral fertilizers must be applied to increase the nutritional composition of the soil. For 1 square. 5 kg of organic substances, superphosphate and potassium impurities in a volume of 30 g are introduced in m of land;
- with the advent of spring, the plot prepared for planting must be bred. This action will help stop the emergence of weeds and harmful crops;
- immediately before planting the seeds, it is required to again loosen the earth up to 10 cm in depth and to fertilize. This time they use ammonium nitrate - about 15 g. In the event that no fertilizer was added in the autumn, the soil is replenished with phosphorus and potassium to the extent that it was necessary to add them during the autumn events.
After a set of preparatory measures, sowing is carried out. As planting material, you can take either seeds or seedlings grown for 3 weeks in greenhouse conditions.
It is recommended to buy colored seeds, as they are pre-treated with special means that will protect the adult bush from various diseases and pests.
If the seeds are already processed, they can not be soaked before sowing. The soil must be warmed up by sunlight at least to 12 ° C, otherwise the grains will not be able to germinate.
It is necessary to prepare a landing site in the form of holes in advance. These holes have their recommended sizes: 40 cm in diameter and 10 cm deep. Then make humus fertilizers or settled mullein in the amount of 1 kg for each plant.
It is recommended to land on 1 square. m no more than 3 plants so that they can get a sufficient number of useful elements from the soil, as well as occupy the necessary territory for their optimal growth. They can also be planted next to other zucchini, because crossed pollination does not occur.
After all measures, seeds or seedlings are planted and watered with warm, settled water. Also, the process of mulching is carried out - the introduction of organic fertilizers (for example, composted products).
Thanks to organic matter, the plant throughout its development has a sufficient amount of moisture and is filled with nutrients. For better germination, 100 g of wood ash and a pinch of mineral fertilizers are added to each well.
There are rules, compliance with which will help to grow high-quality zucchini:
- if the soil cover of the plot prepared for growing vegetables has a strong acidity, it must be reduced by lime or chalk components;
- in the early stages of planting seeds in open ground, a mandatory condition is their shelter with a darkened film material. In the afternoon they open it and let the plant stay in the fresh air;
- planting of seed takes place from May to June. To do this, make holes in the ground, which are at a distance of 5 cm from each other and have a depth of 3 cm;
- in each planting recess put 2-3 seeds;
- after the seeds have sprouted, it is necessary to thin them so that up to two shoots remain in one hole.
Zucchini need to be watered regularly
In order to get a good crop at the end of the planting season, it is necessary to carry out a set of measures to care for the plant. A description of the steps for cultivating Yasmin F1 squash can be found on the back of the package in which the seeds were sold. These include:
- regular watering. Zucchini needs moisture constantly. After the seeds have been planted, the hole must be watered, because without a certain level of moisture the plant may not rise and simply dry in the soil hole. When the flowering period begins at the bush, watering must be increased several times. For example, for 1 square. m use approximately 2-3 10-liter buckets of water. It is recommended to carry out water procedures in the evening, when the heat subsides, and the water warms up to the required temperature;
- fertilizer application. After the first signs of germination of zucchini appeared on the surface of the earth, it is necessary to apply fertilizers that affect the growth of the fruits. Such procedures are carried out 1-2 times a week, depending on the nutritional composition of the soil. In this case, nitrogen impurities and potassium salt will become the best helpers. these are the main elements in the development and formation of the fruiting body. If they are not contained in sufficient quantities, then the upper part of the vegetable begins to dry and curl. These impurities are replaced by organic matter, which is used as a mullein;
- loosening. When a crust forms on the surface of the earth and the soil does not receive enough air, it is necessary to loosen it. This effect often occurs after watering plants in the evening.
Any crop is exposed to diseases and the negative effects of pests. To reduce the impact of these actions, it is periodically recommended that preventive measures be taken to control weeds and pathogens.
The main potential enemies for zucchini of this species are cucumbers and pumpkin, as there is a huge likelihood that their diseases will be transmitted to Yasmin, and a pollination reaction is also possible.
Among the most common vegetable diseases, the following are distinguished: mosaic, rot, powdery mildew and anthracnose. Fertilizing them helps top dressing the root system and the terrestrial part of the culture. The causative agents of disease can be spider mites and aphids.
More often, white powdery spots appear on the leaves, which spread throughout the leaf plate and lead to its withering. A solution of colloidal sulfur, which periodically (1 time in 20 days) is sprayed with a plant, helps to get rid of this ailment.
As preventive measures that prevent the appearance of rot, you can use a solution of copper sulfate and water the bush only with warm water.
In the event that the plant could not be saved, it is recommended to burn it, and treat the source of the ailment with copper sulfate. Otherwise, the disease will spread to other bushes.
Harvesting and storage of crops
Fresh vegetables are stored for a month
This variety of zucchini brings a good harvest, which can be harvested already in mid-August. Vegetables can be stored in the basement for 4 weeks, and at the same time their appearance and taste characteristics will not deteriorate.
It is advisable to remove the fruits from the branches at a time when they reach 25 cm in diameter so that they do not become harder.
During the collection, the extra elements of the shrub are removed: the ovaries and small fruits that have not gained enough nutrients to acquire the correct shape and weight. You can leave 2-3 fruits on the bush that correspond to the specified characteristics.
Productivity per 1 square. m can reach from 4 to 12 kg. It will depend on climatic conditions and crop care.
When the first ovaries appear, some gardeners pour coniferous residues under the bush, which will hold moisture and not touch the ground cover. This variety of zucchini can be preserved in jars for the winter or used for a normal diet.
The main mistakes that gardeners make in this case are:
- lack of shelter for the plant - in the case when seedlings are grown in April, it is necessary to use film material in order to avoid temperature changes in the environment and possible morning frosts;
- cracks in the fruit - if the ripe squash is not collected in time, they begin to crack, so it is recommended to tear them off at a height of 20 cm in length;
- a hole of the wrong size - for the seeds to sprout, it should have a depth of not more than 5 cm, otherwise they will rot;
- the choice of shady areas for planting - it is worth paying attention to the fact that the zucchini Yasmin loves lighted places and can not ripen without sufficient sunlight.
According to reviews left by experienced gardeners, the variety has a high yield and is a win-win option for homemade winter harvests. Throughout the entire shelf life, the vegetable retains its density and juiciness. His taste is also distinguished.