Using the properties of grape seed
Cultivated grapes - a plant that is used in winemaking, medicinal, gastronomic and cosmetology industries. In daily consumption, all the components of the vine are used: leaves, shoots, plant fruits. Of particular interest is the grape seed.
Using the properties of grape seed
The meaning and composition of seeds
The chemical richness of grape berries, which include the skin and flesh, significantly loses what is contained in small grape seeds. Seedless varieties are valued much lower in any field of consumption. Even in winemaking, seeds are an important element in the process of obtaining noble drinks that give a special taste and aroma.
How do they look
Grape seeds are a solid formation of small size, drop-shaped. Their color varies from green to light brown, depending on varietal characteristics. The strength of the cores is low, they are easy to bite. Taste qualities are distinguished by light bitterness, astringents. The aroma is not pronounced, sometimes there are nutty notes.
The smallest elements of the vine have a special set of chemicals, which is their distinguishing feature among other bone formations inside the berries.
The chemical composition of the seeds includes:
- essential oils;
- fatty acid.
Grape seeds are considered a separate food product. Their value is that they grow inside the fetus, and therefore are disinfected from harmful bacteria in the environment. When machining kernels, the healing components in the total mass up to 90% are lost; therefore, extracts and cold-pressed oils obtained on their basis are more often used.
Calorie content of the product
Grapes with seeds have different energy values, depending on the variety. The difference is also noticeable in the use of the product, presented in a different format. The content of micro and macro elements, an increased level of calories in seeds in their pure form is much higher than in meal - grape waste, deprived of most of the oil.
The ratio of BZHU of the product is 114%: 143%: 0%. Calorie content of 100 g of grape seed - 63 kcal. Number of components per 100 g of product:
- proteins - 18 g (72 kcal);
- fats - 0 g (0 kcal);
- carbohydrates - 10 g (90 kcal).
The percentage of vitamins and trace elements in 100 g of bone formations is almost equal to the daily intake: vitamin E - 0.19 g, lutein - 0.72 mg, vitamin A - 0.01 g, vitamin C - 10.8 mg, vitamin PP - 0.19 mg, calcium - 10 g, phosphorus - 20 g, magnesium - 7 g, potassium - 0.19 g, sodium - 2 g.
Bones have anti-inflammatory properties
The beneficial effect of grape seed on the body is explained by a wide range of interacting chemical micro and macro elements. With the help of grape seed, many diseases are treated using a wide range of their properties.
- Tannins act as anti-inflammatory substances, have astringent properties, are needed for the healing of internal injuries and wounds. They strengthen the vascular walls, relieve inflammation with minor damage to the mucosa, and improve gastrointestinal motility.
- The benefit of grape seed is the presence of such a component as fiber. It consists of coarse fibers that are not capable of dissolving, which create a powerful nucleolus frame. The use of fiber helps to cleanse the body of toxins, because it works as a radical cleanser in the mucosa, but sometimes it leads to microtrauma and damage.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are present in concentrated quantities, have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system, improve the general appearance, condition of hair and skin, and are natural active antioxidants. The linoleic acid in the composition helps to perform the physical functions of the body's cells. The action of organic acids affects the formation of gastric juice, bile and urine in the required amount. They stimulate metabolic processes, and also act as antimicrobial agents. Amino acids are actively involved in the processes of fermentation, metabolism at the cellular level, they are necessary at the stage of cell creation and organ tissue construction. A person who took extracts based on these seeds feels much better, his internal organs are renewed and rejuvenated. The use of externally vitamin E helps maintain beauty and youth. This substance is used in cosmetology to improve the appearance of skin, hair and nails. Anyone who has taken this vitamin in complex form externally and inward gets the most positive result, because its excess can be independently excreted by the body.
- Phytosterols are hormone-like substances that are involved in the regulation of the processes of the human body. They are able to prevent diseases of the organs of the reproductive system in men, especially cancer, and are also needed to maintain good potency. For women, the properties of regulating estrogen levels and the menstrual cycle are useful, and they also prevent early menopause. Chlorophylls are a natural antiseptic and antibiotic that has vasoprotective, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They are necessary for healing injuries, accelerating tissue regeneration and renewal, improving the condition of hair, nails, face and hands. Their important property is to prevent the formation of kidney stones and maintain the respiratory system.
- Contained medicinal oils slow down the growth of dangerous cells that can cause cancer, tissue death and tumor formation. Oncology is treated using special dietary supplements, which are developed on the basis of grape seed oil. They are needed to increase the barrier functions of the body, even against radiation, anti-carcinogenic properties that prevent the onset of cancer.
- The complex of microelements of seeds affects the psychological and emotional state of a person. The use of food mass, which includes these formations, helps relieve irritability, improve performance, eliminate the effects of stress, depression and chronic fatigue. It is important to apply the beneficial properties of grape seed while maintaining eye health. Vitamins and minerals relieve fatigue, maintain the elasticity of microvessels, increase the ability to distinguish colors and halftones. Especially useful is a tool for people who work a lot at a computer, as well as for people of advanced age.
The health benefits of grape kernels are tested in practice. To do this, eat fresh fruits of different varieties, as well as special pharmacological and cosmetic products based on extracts and oils.
In culinary and traditional medicine, grape seeds are often consumed, therefore it is important to realize the benefits and harms of grape seeds in the process of applying their properties. Dangerous moments are caused by the exceptional activity of the chemical composition of this product, therefore, instructions for the use of funds based on grape seed are needed:
- There are contraindications for the beautiful half of humanity. Blood thinning components in grape kernels pose a risk to pregnant women. Excessive use increases the risk of uncontrolled bleeding and complex labor.
- It is undesirable to combine seed-based products and liver-based drugs; their incompatibility eliminates the beneficial properties of grape seed.
- For external use of oil should be guided by moderation. A large number of it clogs the pores, which harms the system of skin heat exchange and moisturizing. After application, it is thoroughly washed off.
- A person who has taken a lot of medicines based on grape seeds is having digestive problems. Excessive secretion of gastric juice provokes gastritis. Possible slowdown of digestive processes.
- Ingestion is beneficial. But the mass of ground bone formations or portions of whole kernels can clog the appendix, especially if you swallow them without chewing. This process provokes appendicitis. In this case, it is recommended to use not the seeds, but the finished oil.
- People who are allergic to grapes sometimes show a negative reaction to its nucleoli. When the first signs of such a contraindication appear, the use of drugs is stopped: continued therapy will cause great harm to human health.
Grape seed based products
Grape kernels are used in various forms. Chew whole, grind them into powder, use an extract enclosed in capsules or tablets, add squeezed seed oil as a component - it all depends on the person’s goals and preferences. When chewing, whole seeds can damage tooth enamel, and large parts can scratch the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract.
Powdered kernels, diluted in an amount of 1 tsp. per 100 ml of water, drink half an hour before a meal as a dietary supplement. The procedure is repeated three times a day for a month. The benefits of grape seed consumed in this form become quickly noticeable.
The tool is used to treat the weakening of the walls of blood vessels, metabolic disorders, nervous breakdown, to strengthen immunity and increase the level of vitamins in the body.
Among the pharmaceutical products is known the preparation Solgar "Grape Seed Extract", designed to strengthen the body in integrity. To obtain extracts from grape seeds, the following actions are carried out:
- 200 g of kernels are minced with a meat grinder or coffee grinder;
- pour 0.5 l of vodka powder;
- insist in a dark cold place for a month, periodically shaking;
- filter through cheesecloth and consume 2 tsp. per day.
It is possible to use the grape seed inside, as a medicine, externally, as a cosmetic. For the manufacture of funds carry out the following actions:
- any number of nucleoli, crushed to the consistency of flour, is poured with warm sunflower oil;
- insist the jar in a dark place for a week, periodically adding liquid, because flour absorbs it;
- filter the resulting product into a new clean jar, leave it in a dark place for another 3 days;
- the settled greenish oil, which appeared in the upper part, is poured into a separate bowl.
The benefits of grape seed and oil extracts based on them are also known in cooking. They are added to salads, to fish dishes, vegetables, pastries.
For cosmetic purposes, oil is added to masks for hair, face and nails, and creams for hands and body are made on its basis. By combining grape seeds and an oil base, an ingredient is obtained that allows you to make a light homemade scrub. An oil-based cream is useful for getting rid of scars and stretch marks after pregnancy.
The concentration of nutrients in the tincture is slightly lower than in the extract, and their effect is milder. It is used as a dietary and therapeutic supplement for older children and adults with problems of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. It is prepared according to this recipe:
- 200 g of washed and dried in the fresh air whole seeds pour 0.5 l of vodka;
- the container is placed in a cold, dark place and insisted for 30 days;
- filter, consume 1 tsp. three times a day, children get a tincture in cold drinks or water.
Grape seeds are able to positively and negatively affect the human body, thanks to the chemical components in their composition. They determine the benefits and harms of grape seed. It is important to use oil, tinctures and extract in cosmetology, medicine and gastronomy in accordance with portioned norms and the reaction of the body. Before using grape seed at home, you should consult your doctor.