The use of zucchini with pancreatitis
Many vegetables are used as part of a diet for various diseases and benefit a weakened body. So, zucchini with pancreatitis are an effective means for cell regeneration.
The use of zucchini with pancreatitis
According to the classification of nerds - zucchini is a close relative of pumpkins. This vegetable has a number of properties that allow you to include it in the list of diet foods. These include:
- low calorie product;
- it contains many useful mineral compounds;
- zucchini is rich in vitamin C.
The benefits of pancreatitis
Strictly speaking, with inflammation of the pancreas, zucchini can only be beneficial if it is used correctly and taking into account the stage of the disease. Otherwise, its use in food can cause negative consequences.
This vegetable is rich in vitamins, trace elements (potassium, calcium, iron, etc.), carbohydrates and proteins. Its fiber is well absorbed by the body, there are practically no fats and aggressive acids in it that can excite mucous membranes.
With pancreatitis, zucchini has a beneficial effect both on the body as a whole and directly on the pancreas. It is expressed in the following:
- due to the presence of vitamins involved in cellular metabolism, accelerates tissue regeneration;
- mineral substances have a positive effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular and nervous systems;
- the presence of vitamin C increases resistance to viral diseases;
- zucchini can relieve constipation;
- removes fluids from the body, helps relieve swelling.
Different stages of the disease have their own requirements for eating zucchini.
In the chronic form of the disease, a person is forced to constantly sit on a strict diet. It is forbidden to eat beloved by many products. For example, you can’t eat spicy dishes, fried, sweet, drink soda.
Zucchini with this form of the disease can only be eaten in three types - baked, stewed, boiled. There are a lot of recipes for dishes, but during cooking, you should pay attention to the ingredients that are used.
Patients are forbidden to eat fried zucchini
So, the patient can not eat pepper, garlic, mayonnaise, vinegar, citric acid. These seasonings most often provoke new attacks.
In no case should you eat fried zucchini. In some salads, the addition of raw fruits is provided, which is also undesirable for a person with pancreatitis.
It is worth to refrain from the use of canned food from zucchini. They contain compounds that are harmful to the patient, such as flavor enhancers, food coloring and additives, or spicy seasonings.
The nutrition of the patient with this form of the disease depends on the time when the pain begins to pass. Only after eliminating these attacks can you expand the menu. Zucchini is allowed to eat 2 weeks after the disappearance of pain.
First of all, vegetables are baked or stewed, and then grinded until smooth. Servings should initially be small - no more than a tablespoon per day, gradually they increase to about 100 g.
Many people wonder what can be prepared for pancreatitis, so that it is both tasty and not harmful. There are certain recipes for this case.
Such a soup is useful and as safe as possible with inflammation of the pancreas. To prepare it, you will need 1 large zucchini, 3 medium potatoes, 1 carrot, onion, vegetable oil, water and dill. This soup is prepared in this way:
- vegetables are thoroughly washed and peeled;
- zucchini and potatoes are diced, chopped onions and dill, and carrots are crushed on a grater;
- 3 l of water are brought to a boil;
- then boil the potatoes (usually 15 minutes is enough.);
- carrots and zucchini are passaged in a pan. Stew this mixture over low heat until the ingredients soften. If it starts to burn, add a little water to the pan;
- a well-stewed mixture is added to the water with potatoes. All this is boiled for another 10 minutes;
- after cooking, you can add a pinch of dill to the dish, a little salt, mix and let the dish brew for a few more minutes.
The result is a tasty and nutritious vegetable soup.
To diversify the patient’s diet, you can add steamed zucchini cutlets to the menu. To create this dish you need 1 zucchini, flour, eggs and salt. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- the vegetable is washed, cleaned, ground on a grater;
- the resulting homogeneous mass is mixed with flour, 2 pinches of salt and egg white are added to it;
- cutlets are made from this composition and placed in a multicooker mold;
- steamed cutlets will be ready after 15 minutes.
Zucchini stewed in milk
To prepare this dish you will need 1 zucchini, semolina, milk, a little salt and dill. It must be prepared as follows:
- the vegetable needs to be washed, peeled and core, cut into cubes;
- pour a glass of nonfat (this is important) milk into the pan and put it on a slow fire;
- when the milk boils, pour the sliced zucchini into it and simmer them over low heat for 15 minutes until the vegetables are completely softened;
- for thickening, you can add 2 tbsp. l semolina;
- at the final stage, salt the dish, add greens, cover.
This dish can be given to the patient if he has no contraindications to the use of lactose.
Zucchini can and should be eaten with pancreatitis. They have a positive effect on the pancreas due to its beneficial properties. Only when using this vegetable in the diet, everything needs to be done correctly, because the slightest mistake will provoke a relapse of the disease.
Guided by these tips, you can not only provide the patient with all the necessary useful substances, but also provide delicious food.