Tomato Yeast Recipes
Each gardener is interested in a rich, environmentally friendly crop. Many are not afraid to experiment and use different methods to grow garden crops. With the development of new technologies, the production of complex fertilizers will be improved, old agricultural methods will be forgotten, and the “grandfather” yeast feeding method is the key to a natural crop. How to fertilize tomatoes with yeast, let's talk here.
Tomato Yeast Recipes
The composition and mechanism of action of the yeast
On the shelves of stores there is now a huge selection of dressings for plants, but the composition is not always happy with the presence of chemical components in them. The use of organics - for summer residents, the key to growing natural vegetables, fruits and berries.
Yeast is a fungus rich in iron, micro and macro elements. They contain vitamins of group B. Also in the raw materials are iron and zinc, phosphorus, calcium and copper.
When diluting yeast in water, beneficial nutrients remain in solution. As a result of the interaction of microorganisms in the ground with fungi, the basic vital elements (nitrogen and phosphorus) are released and, when introduced into the soil, are transmitted to the root system of plants. Therefore, the soil must be saturated with these “living” elements.
In order to fertilize the tomato with yeast in the greenhouse to give positive results, you need to saturate the ground before planting seedlings (fertilize it with organic substances). To do this, you can add humus or compost to the soil at the rate of 1 bucket per 1 sq.m. After planting tomatoes, it is advisable to sprinkle sawdust under the roots, which will keep the earth moist (in the end, reduce the amount of watering).
Important: Not only tomatoes grow by leaps and bounds, but also indoor plants with the proper use of "live fertilizers".
Many reviews left by gardeners say that yeast dressings for cucumbers and tomatoes, potatoes and peppers are often used as fertilizers. It is worth knowing that these fungi are effective for any garden and horticultural culture, since raw materials are a source of bacteria in nature that accelerate the growth and full development of plants.
Yeast can tolerate any temperature changes. It is resistant to freezing, as well as drying and pressing.
Yeast starter recipes. Feeding rules
Feeding tomatoes on the beds with yeast, do not forget about plant seedlings. After studying the reviews of people using a particular recipe for yeast feeding tomatoes, we can conclude that this particular supplement provides intensive growth, good development and rapid adaptation after transplantation on open ground and in greenhouses.
How to feed tomatoes with yeast? We will be happy to tell you about fertilizer recipes and answer the question: “Which type of yeast should you choose, dry or raw?”. Any raw material is suitable for feeding tomato with yeast. But in order to achieve a more effective result, it is necessary to properly prepare the yeast solution (observe the proportions of the key ingredients) about this is described below.
Tomatoes are watered with yeast no more than 3 times during the summer period. The optimal timing for these procedures is as follows:
- 7 days after planting tomato seedlings in open ground;
- when it is clear that the seedlings have grown and finally taken root;
- the last feeding of tomatoes with yeast can be done before the flowering of the plant begins.
How to feed tomatoes with dry yeast? The recipe below correctly describes the preparation and use of fertilizer:
- Dilute 100 g of dry product in 10 l of heated water. Add 2 large tablespoons of sugar to the prepared warm solution to activate the fermentation process. After 2 hours, the infusion is diluted in 50 liters of water. Ready fertilizer is watered under the root of the tomatoes.
- There is a faster way to prepare fertilizer for irrigation. In 10 l of warmed water, dilute a small pack of dry yeast (10-11 g), add 0.5 l of wood ash and 75 g of sugar (3 tbsp. L). Soak the infusion for 15 minutes. Take 1 liter from the obtained concentrate, which still cannot be used, and bring to ready-to-use fertilizer another 10 liters of water.
Important: If the ratio of ingredients was violated (clear proportions were not observed), then further actions are meaningless.
Fertilizer application of raw yeast product:
In 1 liter of milk add 200 g of raw yeast and mix. Leave to brew for 2 hours. When the mixture increases in volume, you need to dilute it with another 10 parts of water. Yeast nutrition for tomato is ready to use. It is enough to water the roots of tomatoes.
Important: there are several answers to the popular question: "What is the best way to feed tomatoes with yeast in order to get the perfect crop?"
Each gardener in his own way prefers to apply yeast. One uses the method of watering the tomatoes with a solution, the other, to feed the tomatoes with yeast, puts the fertilizer directly into the soil (digs a hole, puts the leaven, sprinkles with earth, and then necessarily water as much as the variety requires).
How to feed the tomatoes with yeast - you decide for yourself, because the result will depend not only on the method of introducing the bait (irrigation, application to the ground), but also on the climatic conditions and the geographical location of the garden.
Tomato foliar yeast top dressing
Bush processing is best done in the evening
Foliar feeding of tomatoes with yeast is the introduction of fertilizer either on the soil before planting, or spraying the stems, leaves of the plant without affecting the roots. This treatment saves plants from late blight (fungi that attack nightshade crops).
Method of preparation of top dressing (recipe): heat 3 l of water to 38 degrees, but not higher, since the yeast will die at a higher temperature. Dilute in it 10 tbsp. l sugar and a small packet of yeast (10g). Leave the solution to ferment for up to 10 hours, sometimes stirring the infusion.
After the fermentation process is completed, you need to pour 7 liters of water in a bucket and add 3 liters of the resulting yeast yeast.
It is better to prepare top dressing in the morning, so that the mixture is prepared in a day. In the evening, when it is cooler and the sun is not very warm, treat (spray) the tomatoes with the yeast infusion.
Foliar bait is effective not only for tomatoes. Infusion can also be sprayed with other vegetable crops.
Fertilizer with bread additives
In addition to the use of fertilizing tomatoes with yeast, fertilizer is used with bakery stale raw materials. In the distant scarce 70s, not every housewife could boast of the presence of yeast in her kitchen.
To feed tomato seedlings and adult fruits with bread, you can prepare the following fertilizer:
Place not fresh, musty bread, as well as crusts from the product in 10 liters of warm water, add a pinch of dry yeast, 200 g of ash (1 cup), sour milk. Leave the container with the contents in a warm place so that it acidifies. Stir 2 r daily for a week. Then mix the leaven with water in a ratio of 1:10. Pour 1.5 liters of the prepared solution under the root of the plant.
To increase the efficiency of yeast-based fertilizers, you need to consider some small nuances:
- For a good and high-quality sourdough, you need heat (warm water, sunny weather, warm soil).
- Try to use only freshly prepared fertilizer, since after a certain period the solution loses its beneficial properties.
- Fertilizing tomatoes with yeast must be carried out together with the introduction of ash into the ground. In the process of fermentation, beneficial elements (calcium and potassium) are absorbed, and wood ash takes part in filling up their deficiency.
- The more often, the better - this is not suitable for yeast top dressing. If the plants are fertilized without raw materials, this can lead to the death of the crop. 3 times during the summer season - the best option. Another disadvantage in the frequent use of yeast with yeast is that the soil becomes too stony after applying fertilizer too many times.
- For a young tomato, a sufficient amount of yeast supplement is 0.5 l of the mixture per 1 bush. An adult plant will need up to 2 liters of fertilizing.
- You can’t fertilize the yeast tomato with fertilizers such as bird droppings and manure. Also, the fungus does not get along with finely chopped nettles.
Listening to these recommendations, you can grow good vegetables at your summer cottage without spending extra time and effort.
Benefits of Using Yeast for Seedlings and Tomatoes
The use of yeast top dressing not only saves money, but also shortens the growth period, helps to accelerate a more generous flowering and ripening of fruits. All this together leads to an earlier harvest from the home garden.
Tomatoes taken from a bush in a greenhouse are fed with yeast rather than nettles, very tasty and fragrant, because fertilizer using yeast affects the sweetness of the tomato. The fruits grow fleshy and juicy.
If you additionally feed the tomatoes with yeast, then the fruitiness will remain until the onset of cold, which allows you to get fresh tomatoes as long as possible. That's why you should use the recipes discussed above.
Yeast is a valuable raw material for fertilizing tomatoes that does not contain artificial chemical additives and is affordable for every gardener. It is not in vain that they say that after feeding tomatoes grow by leaps and bounds. Now you know what you need to buy yeast for seedlings of tomatoes and how to fertilize tomatoes with yeast.