Teacher's Grape Variety
Some varieties of fruit vines that have appeared recently have managed to prove themselves among gardeners. These hybrids include grapes from the memory of the Teacher, bred several years ago by amateur breeder E.G. Pavlovsky. The variety has already managed to fall in love with the consumer for its taste and appearance.
Teacher's Grape Variety
The Master's grape variety was bred when two good varieties were crossed - Talisman and Cardinal. This parent couple provided the new variety with good taste and marketable appearance. The Master’s Vine of Memory reveals high quality during transportation, which is valued by private farms.
Grapes do not need additional pollinators. A good ability to self-pollination guarantees an almost one hundred percent ovary, which eliminates the clustering of grapes. The active period of vegetation lasts 95-110 days, because grapes are classified as early varieties. The first crop is received in late July - early August.
The vine is tall. The ripening of young shoots occurs quickly, while they acquire a brownish-reddish hue. The description of cuttings of green mass also has an exceptional feature - a reddish color along the entire length.
The leaves are large, serrated at the ends, divided into five large lobes. The color of the leaves is dark green.
Bunches of grapes have a conical or cylindrical shape, sometimes with a wing, of medium density, wide and large. The weight of each 0.5-1 kg, the maximum may be more than 2 kg. Length reaches 40 cm and more.
The berries are large, weighing up to 10-15 g, units can weigh 20 g. They resemble an oval in shape, sometimes more rounded. The color of the fruit is dark red, with a purple tint.
The skin is covered with a thin layer of whitish coating, which visually brightens it, the skin itself is thick, it crunches with a bite. The description of the taste of berries is emphasized by sweetness, in fully ripened fruits there is a bright musky taste, the pulp is juicy, dense, there are bones.
The teacher’s memory variety prefers high elevated sunny places protected from the wind. But its feature is the poor tolerance of direct sunlight and the aridity of the climate. Therefore, a slightly shaded place is ideal.
Neutral or slightly acidic soil with a pH of 5.5-7 is suitable for planting this species. Mandatory in the preparation of the soil is the addition of coarse river sand, wood ash or peat soil to improve the acid balance of the soil.
To get a high yield of large clusters, it is important to maintain the nutritional value of the land throughout the entire period of active vegetation.
After preparation, the places are taken for planting the finished seedlings. For this, vines on native roots or grafted are suitable - both species are accepted just as well. A similar process is carried out in the autumn before frosts or in the early spring, when the surface of the earth warms up to 5-7 ° C of heat.
Grapes are planted in the ground in several stages:
- dig a plot to a depth of 50-70 cm, extract the roots of other plants and pebbles;
- dig a hole up to 80 cm deep, lay drainage from broken bricks or pebbles on the bottom;
- the distance between the seedlings should not exceed 1-1.5 m;
- prepare the soil substrate by mixing two parts of the soil, part of the sand, part of the humus and part of the turf;
- seedlings instill a belt on the stem, so as not to bring rot to the root when watering;
- water the vine after planting with warm, settled water.
Good care will provide you with a harvest.
In order for the plant to develop according to the expectations of the gardener, you need to care for it with special care. Leaving involves normalized watering, which is done regularly - before flowering, during the formation of the ovaries, during periods of drought. Weeding the area around the stem from weeds is also necessary regularly. To facilitate the work, many gardeners mulch the land - lay straw, sod or darkened hay around the perimeter of the roots. It is also important to loosen the ground to improve root aeration.
Fertilizers are applied directly with watering, many of them are soluble in water. At the beginning of the growing season, phosphorus-containing and ammonia complexes are added to improve the ovary and increase the green mass. Before wintering, potash fertilizers are used to prepare the plant for wintering. Between these periods, a small amount of organics diluted with large amounts of water is added. The frost resistance of the variety is average (up to -23 ° C), therefore, for the winter, the vine is additionally covered.
Pruning of the bush is carried out in autumn in the leafless period or in early spring before the development of the buds. Cut the stems to 6-8 eyes. To provide unloading of vines, the removal of stepsons is also used so that they do not drag the juices to their own development.
Diseases and Pests
The variety inherited resistance to infectious diseases from its parent - Talisman grapes. But nevertheless, several times during the active period, the vine is sprayed with complex drugs for diseases.
Ways to control pests:
- Among the pests, the main ones are birds. To protect the crop from the attack of birds, you can use the grid, which cover the bunches for the entire period.
- To combat wasps, they use small nets that cover the clusters, as well as special poison without a pronounced smell. During the passivity of insects, their nests are burned.
- To get rid of a felt tick and a bunch of leaflets, special means are used (cymbush, vitriol, Actara), which are used from the moment the buds appear, but no later than 1.5 months before collection.
- Phyloxera destroys the entire plant in a short time. Preventive methods against it do not exist. Affected vines are treated with combustible carbon disulfide, and badly infected vines are removed and burned.
The Master's Memory Grapes are gaining popularity. Subject to good conditions, with proper care and when carrying out preventive measures, the variety pleases with a rich and tasty harvest.