Stewed apricots and plums - for the joy of the whole family
What only compotes for the winter do not cook modern housewives. Today it’s the turn to tell how to make apricot compote and plums for the winter: a step-by-step recipe will be a good helper for you.
Bright color, rich taste, unforgettable aroma of the drink will not leave anyone indifferent, especially in the winter season.
Stewed apricots and plums
- Apricots - 7 pcs.
- Plum - 8 pcs.
- Sugar - 400 g
- Citric acid - 1/3 tsp
- First of all, prepare the fruit.
- Both apricots and plums wash well under cool running water. Be sure to watch out for spoiled fruits, otherwise you can spoil the whole compote. Leave the fruit for a while to allow excess liquid to glass.
- While the fruits are draining, prepare the container for preservation. Wash a three-liter jar well with baking soda, rinse and sterilize. Sterilize the container in the most accessible way for you: in the oven, microwave, or simply using an ordinary steam pan. The metal cover must be boiled for several minutes.
- Before lowering the plums into the prepared jar, they need to be pricked in several places with a toothpick so that the plums do not burst during the preparation of the compote. This spoils the appearance of the drink. So only the skin will crack.
- Next, we place plums and apricots in a sterilized jar.
- Pour filtered water into a deep pan and set to heat.
- As soon as the water in the pan boils, pour it into a jar of fruit. We cover the capacity with a metal lid. We leave the fruits to warm up for about 10 minutes. In order to preserve the heat of the jar longer, you can wrap it a little, at least with a bath towel.
- After 10 minutes, pour the water from the can into the pan and again send the container to the stove for heating.
- Once the water boils, add citric acid and sugar. After boiling again, boil the syrup for just a few minutes. With this amount of sugar, the compote is a bit concentrated. In finished form, it can be diluted with boiled water. So there will be more drink.
- Pour the finished syrup into the fruit in a jar and immediately roll it with a metal lid. We turn the capacity upside down. Wrap the jar well and leave it in this position until the compote is completely cooled in the jar. After this, containers with compote can be safely transferred to a cool place for long-term storage.
- Stewed apricots and plums for the winter ready! This aromatic and mouth-watering drink is a kind of bridge between the hot summers and cold winters. Saturated color of compote will return the most vivid memories of warmth.