Stewed apricots and currants - cooking secrets
On a gloomy winter day, stewed apricots and currants will be a vivid reminder of summer vacations. Red and black currants are recognizable in any dish - it will give a pleasant sourness to the treats that the whole family can enjoy. Consider how to make a delicious drink with an exquisite aroma.
Stewed apricots and red currants
- Apricots - 200 g
- Redcurrant - 150 g
- Water - 3 cups (200 ml)
- Sugar - 150 g
- We choose dense apricots for harvesting so that they do not boil during the cooking process. We sort through them, removing damaged instances. Wash and dry on a towel. Remove the currants from the branches, wash and also dry.
- We cut the dried apricots into halves, discard the seeds.
- Wash my can with soda, rinse with warm water, sterilize on a stove, in an oven or microwave. Each mistress has her own proven method over the years. We fill the jar with apricots and currant berries. We try to fill it a little more than 2/3 of the volume.
- Pour sugar. Its amount does not affect the storage of compote. Therefore, you can put more or less in accordance with your preferences.
- In a teapot we boil water, pour boiling water over the fruits in a jar. We try not to get on the walls of the jar so that it does not burst. We pour only on fruits. Cover with a lid, which is boiled for 5 minutes. The exact amount of water is difficult to establish, because it depends on the amount of fruit.
- Pour cold water into a large high saucepan. At the bottom we put a four-fold towel. Set the jar and set on fire. Bring to a boil. After boiling, pasteurize the compote for 12 minutes.
- After a while, carefully remove the jar from the pan. We roll it with a special key. When using a screw cap, simply twist it tightly. Turn the workpiece over and cover with a warm blanket or towel. Leave for a day.
- When the workpiece has completely cooled, we send the compote from apricots and currants to a cool, dry place for storage.
Stewed apricots and blackcurrants
- Apricots - 150 g
- Blackcurrant - 150 g
- Sugar - 200 g
- Water - 3 cups (200 ml)
- We choose apricots without damage, with dense pulp. My fruits are dried. To do this, spread a paper towel and sprinkle fruit on it. Tear off currants from twigs, remove debris and leaves, if any. My and also dry.
- Apricots are divided into halves. If they are too hard, cut with a knife. We take out the bones and discard.
- We sterilize the banks in a convenient way. You can hold it for 5-7 minutes above the steam on the stove or sterilize in the microwave, you can use the oven. We put dried apricots and currant berries in a jar. How much raw material to pour - the hostess decides. The main thing is that there should be at least 1/3 of the can.
- Pour sugar.
- Fill it with boiling water. We try not to get on the glass, because it can burst. Experienced housewives put a spoon in a jar and then pour boiling water.
- We pre-sterilize the lids by boiling in water for 5 minutes. We cover the jar and roll it with a special key. You can use newfangled devices. If the cover is screwed, just tighten it tightly.
- Gently flip the jar and wrap. Leave to cool for 24 hours.
- Ready stewed apricots and blackcurrants are stored in the cellar or pantry. And you can taste it without waiting for the winter.
- A fragrant vitamin drink will quench your thirst and fill the body with the power of summer.