Signs of mushroom poisoning
Mushroom poisoning is a common phenomenon. The product is able to poison the whole family. The problem is that many do not understand a wide variety of mushrooms, which leads to disastrous consequences. In the best case, a person will get rid of nausea, vomiting, at worst - he will die.
Signs of mushroom poisoning
Sources of intoxication
There are several reasons why people are poisoned:
- The most common source of poisoning by poisonous mushrooms is the inexperience of mushroom pickers.
- The second reason is improper culinary processing of the product, as a result of which it becomes poisonous. This is especially true of conditionally edible species.
- Cooking old, spoiled and stale mushrooms.
The first symptoms of mushroom poisoning begin to appear within a couple of hours after eating. In some cases, the effect occurs after a day.
The most common manifestations of intoxication:
- acute pain in the abdomen;
- the person begins to feel nauseous, then the gag reflex is triggered;
- indigestion, flatulence;
- high body temperature up to 38 ° C;
- arms and legs get cold;
- the victim feels severe headaches, his head begins to feel dizzy;
- the pulse is barely palpable;
- general tiredness and lethargy sets in.
Against this background, a person has an acute inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. These are just common signs and symptoms of mushroom poisoning.
Symptoms for each type
Each toxic species is characterized by its own symptoms of intoxication:
- Pale grebe poisoning. It manifests itself through aching pain in muscle tissue, headaches, as well as abdominal pain. A person begins vomiting, shortness of breath, cramps, diarrhea with bloody discharge. You can understand that a person has been poisoned by so-called porcini mushrooms by the contents that escaped from the stomach during vomiting: it is similar to coffee grounds. In some cases, a person falls into a coma. The toxic substances of this fungus lead to kidney failure, so the victim is difficult to save. The only way out is to get an organ transplant.
- Amanita and govorushki. To all of the above symptoms in case of poisoning with these types of mushrooms in a patient, increased salivation, sweating, lacrimation, a sharp drop in blood pressure are added. The pulse becomes weak and poorly palpated. In addition, shortness of breath, convulsions may occur. The pupils narrow, serious mental problems begin: hallucinations, delirium appear. With mushroom poisoning, a coma occurs.
- Panther Amanita. In this case, intoxication manifests itself differently than in previous situations. A rapid heartbeat is observed, the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes dry out, the pupils become larger.
- Morels and lines. In addition to the above symptoms, the victim has kidney problems, an enlarged liver and spleen.
- False foams and other false species. False ducks differ from real edible mushrooms in the bright color of their hats: they have a lemon color. Gall fungus poisoning occurs quickly - after 5 hours. The disease manifests itself through severe nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen. A person has a serious disturbance in the work of the stomach and intestines, which is accompanied by diarrhea. Such a picture lasts for 24-48 hours, then the condition stabilizes, recovery comes. This is a light poisoning that can be cured independently at home. Only a specialist can prevent serious consequences from poisoning with more dangerous species.
In children, unlike adults, food poisoning by mushrooms occurs after 4-5 hours. The disease is acute and severe. The temperature rises, the child begins to feel nauseous, he vomits repeatedly, he experiences severe dizziness and diarrhea. These are the first signs of mushroom poisoning.
At the first sign, help is needed
The toxins that make up the fungi are able to penetrate the walls of the placenta, disrupting the natural process of development and growth of the fetus. During pregnancy, during a mushroom poisoning, a disease occurs that is accompanied by headaches, vomiting, diarrhea, destabilization of blood pressure in the direction of decrease, sometimes loss of consciousness. Frequent vomiting and diarrhea lead to dehydration of the body and loss of useful substances necessary for the future mother in childbirth. You can not lose time, be sure to immediately provide first aid to the victim.
To provoke a disease such as botulism, canned and stored in the wrong conditions, spoiled or improperly prepared product.
The disease begins to progress from the moment of infection, which is located in the soil next to the spores of the mycelium. If the product is poorly washed, cleaned or undercooked, the infection enters the bloodstream.
Signs of botulism in case of poisoning with raw or stale mushrooms appear after half a day, sometimes after 1-3.
Poisoning will occur through:
- nausea and desire to vomit;
- blurred eyes;
- frequent loose stools;
- shortness of breath
- drying of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose.
In case of manifestation of the above symptoms, it is urgent to seek help from a specialist.
How to help the patient at home
The condition of the patient will depend on how correctly and on time the first aid is provided for poisoning with mushrooms at home.
If you suspect a mushroom intoxication, you must do this:
- Call the hospital for medical assistance, then rinse the affected stomach, induce vomiting.
- Offer to drink one of the sorbents. Well in this case, activated carbon helps at the rate of 1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight.
- In the absence of loose stool, give the patient a laxative pill.
- To prevent a malfunction of the cardiovascular system, apply a warm compress to the feet.
It is important that people drink as much as possible. This helps to avoid exacerbation of intoxication and cleanse the gastrointestinal tract. This is especially important with vomiting and nausea, when the body is dehydrated.
Before the patient is given emergency medical care, they monitor him: measure the body temperature and monitor the general condition.
The patient needs calm and bed rest.
Examination will help to make an accurate diagnosis.
Providing first aid at home helps only to prevent negative consequences - a deterioration in general condition or death. After its delivery, the doctor conducts a comprehensive diagnosis and special treatment.
Diagnostics consists of several measures:
- thorough examination of the patient;
- palpation of the zone in the abdomen;
- blood and urine tests;
- blood donation for the presence of toxic substances;
- electroencephalography procedure;
- deployed TANK;
- procedure for determining the degree of damage to internal organs.
After the diagnosis is made, the patient is prescribed an antidote, taking into account the manifesting symptoms:
- with shortness of breath do an intravenous injection of atropine;
- in case of elevated body temperature - from 38.5 ° C and above - give the drugs "Paracetamol" or "Ibuprofen";
- to restore the water-salt balance during vomiting and diarrhea give "Regidron", "Oralit" or "Litrozole";
- medical assistance in case of poisoning with poisonous mushrooms with severe consequences consists in blood transfusion and the administration of glucose with insulin intravenously.
So that the doctor can make an accurate diagnosis and provide proper assistance to the patient, the poisonous product is given to a specialist for further research.
In addition to the traditional treatment, in order to recover faster, the patient needs to drink potato juice, rice broth and tea based on pharmacy chamomile. These drinks have a sorbing and antiseptic effect, eliminate diarrhea and inflammation.
The treatment of mushroom poisoning involves following a strict diet. The patient should refuse fatty, spicy, fried and smoked food, which gives a load on the gastrointestinal tract. Allowed food cooked in a double boiler, or boiled foods. In addition, it is worth abandoning bad habits: smoking and drinking alcohol. Eat and drink should be in small doses.
In order not to be poisoned by mushrooms, a simple prevention memo will help:
- Avoid all mushrooms that are in doubt when harvesting. Today, there are many false species similar to edible mushrooms.
- You can be poisoned by mushrooms bought in the spontaneous market. Even the edible species that grow along the roads, next to industrial complexes are toxic, because they are able to absorb harmful substances and toxins. Mass poisoning occurs for this reason.
- Do not eat stale mushrooms. The spoiled product is inhabited by parasites that cannot be destroyed even with the most shock heat treatment.
- To protect yourself and your family from mushroom poisoning, do not cook stale mushrooms: they also contain harmful parasites that can cause severe intoxication.
- If you are planning a quiet mushroom hunt with your children, be vigilant: do not let the children taste raw mushrooms.
- When buying mushroom preservation, check its expiration date.
- Mushroom cooking time takes more than one hour. Clean them well, rinse under running water, then boil at least 3 times. After each boiling, drain the water into the sink.
- If you meet enormous edible but already overripe mushrooms on your way, do not try to collect them. An overripe product is a spoiled protein that contains poisons. Such a product is equated to the protein of which the shells of shrimp, crabs or beetles consist. It causes indigestion.
The use of mushrooms is contraindicated in patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and children.
Symptoms of the manifestation of mushroom poisoning are much stronger than food intoxication by spoiled foods, so it is easy to identify them. To avoid disastrous consequences, it is important to take rescue measures at home on time and in a quality manner.