Shoe oyster mushroom
Oyster mushrooms are one of the most popular types of mushrooms. They are unpretentious in cultivation and care, suitable for cooking many dishes. They are bred at home or collected in the forest. Cleaning oyster mushrooms is a process that takes little time.
Shoe oyster mushroom
Features of cleaning oyster mushrooms
If oyster mushroom was bought at a store, it was grown in artificial conditions, so it is not necessary to cut off the skin. The fruits collected in the forest should be peeled.
There are basic rules for cleaning oyster mushrooms:
- Mushrooms should not lie for a long time after assembly or purchase. The longer this takes place, the higher the risk of poisoning.
- Oyster mushrooms can not be immediately lowered into the water. First, all dirt is removed with a brush or dry sponge.
- To prevent darkening, the product for 15-20 minutes. left in salted water. The procedure is also necessary for store mushrooms: they can also contain pests.
Shoe oyster mushroom in the forest
Cleaning oyster mushrooms should begin in the forest. This mushroom grows on stumps and tree trunks. Before putting it in a bag, you need to remove the remains of foliage and twigs that may be on it.
Adhesive debris is convenient to clean with a knife. Immediately cut off places with wormholes. Oyster mushrooms are cleaned more thoroughly at home.
Cleaning oyster mushrooms at home
The variety quickly deteriorates. Before peeling oyster mushrooms, perform the following actions:
- they are sorted, mushrooms are separately distributed for preservation and for frying;
- thoroughly washed and left in water for 30 minutes;
- after the mushrooms lie soaked, worms begin to emerge from them;
- dust and dirt often accumulate under the hats, so they are washed with a soft brush;
- if the dirt is not washed off, they are cut with a knife;
- dried on a soft towel or paper towel;
- mushrooms intended for drying are not washed.
Mushrooms spoil quickly
To clean the mushrooms, take a thin sharp knife, a clean and dry sponge (a soft rag is suitable), a colander. Next, the end of the leg is cut off for each fungus. The longer it is planned to store the product in the refrigerator, the greater part is removed. This is necessary so that the mushrooms do not lose their taste and do not begin to deteriorate.
There are several easy ways to do additional cleaning:
- Blanching. Fresh mushrooms are placed in a container and doused with boiling water, then left for several seconds in hot water. This helps to make them more elastic. Such manipulation is often carried out before pickling.
- Boiling. Mushrooms are placed in a pan and brought to a boil over high heat. When the water boils, it is turned off and allowed to cool. Usually boiled mushrooms before drying.
- Boiling. Mushrooms are placed in a container with cold salted water, bring it to a boil. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. and washed with cold water in a colander.
Before freezing, oyster mushrooms are only wiped with a dry cloth. Do not wet them: because of this, they absorb excess moisture and lose their taste. Then they are distributed in small portions and stacked in containers. An additional prevention against pests will be cooking and soaking the mushrooms in a solution of vinegar or citric acid.
The method of cleaning from earth and sand
There is an easy way to quickly clean oyster mushrooms from dirt. To do this, the hats are wiped with a damp cloth, wormholes are cut off. Mushrooms that are severely affected by pests are thrown away.
Then, with a brush or dry sponge, clean the product from dust and debris. Wet adhering soil on the legs is cut with a knife. Then oyster mushrooms are washed under running water.
Oyster mushrooms are one of the most beloved mushrooms. They are easy to prepare, they are often found in the forest, they can be grown at home or bought in a store.
This is a healthy mushroom, but sometimes worms start up in it. To get rid of pests, the product is soaked in water before cooking, cleaned and processed thermally.