Salted cucumbers in a package
Salted cucumbers are both an appetizer for strong drinks, and an ideal addition to various popular dishes (meat, pilaf, boiled or fried potatoes, sandwiches). Traditionally, this vegetable is salted in a tray or jar. But if they are not there, or if you go to barbecue and do not want to take home a lot of dirty dishes, you can cook them in a bag - and this will be the best solution.
An ordinary kitchen bag is not always suitable for contact with food. If the recipe includes caustic ingredients such as vinegar or garlic, it is best to cook light-salted cucumbers in a baking sleeve. This material is not afraid of acids.
Delicious salted cucumbers with garlic and dill
- Cucumbers - 0.5 kg (size is not important, but it is better to take medium-sized ones)
- Dill - 1 pc (1 bunch of 3-4 long twigs)
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 1 pinch
- Vinegar - 0.5 tbsp. l (table or alcohol, 9%)
Due to the fact that the ingredients of this marinade are caustic, according to this recipe it will turn out to successfully grind even not quite fresh, a little "tired", which have been lying in the refrigerator for a week, or even three, cucumbers. They will turn out crispy anyway. The main thing - when cutting, cut off all the soft, wrinkled and whitened parts inside.
- As already mentioned, it is better to pickle cucumbers in a caustic marinade in a dense baking bag. It is necessary to cut off about 40 cm of such a package and immediately tie it tightly on one side.
- Wash the cucumbers, cut off all the excess. If they are not fresh (torn more than 4-5 days ago), there is no point in soaking them. Cut the "carcass" into 2 or 4 parts (see size).
- Finely chop the greens.
- Squeeze the garlic. Pour cucumbers with all the ingredients of the marinade.
- Tie a bag so that there is more air left inside. Shake it well and roll it around the table so that the cucumbers squeeze a little and let the juice spread, and the marinade is evenly distributed. Be careful: in good baking bags there are always tiny openings for steam to escape, so that when you “knead” the cucumbers, the liquid will leak slightly.
- Send the package to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the insurance bag on a plate, although if the steam holes are at the top, it should not leak.
- Before serving, cut the bag in the center. If part of the cucumbers is not eaten, it is convenient to fasten it with a clothespin. Ready-made cucumbers can be stored on the top shelf of the refrigerator for several days.
Salted cucumbers in a package with vinegar are obtained with a slightly soft pulp, but still crispy, and the taste is balanced.
Crispy salted cucumbers in the refrigerator in 2 hours
- Cucumbers - 1 kg (preferably large "carcases", but you can take small gherkins)
- Cherry - 3 leaves
- Currant - 3 leaves
- Dill - 1 pinch (a large pinch of seeds or dried leaves of dill, can be replaced with a bunch of fresh herbs)
- Black pepper - ¼ tsp.
- Ground coriander - ¼ tsp.
- Ground cloves - ¼ tsp. (can be crushed)
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
The serving will be large enough. For a family of 2 people, it will be enough for several days, so if you cook only on your own table, it is better to reduce the amount of ingredients by 2 times. But for going to nature by a large company, such a portion is just enough.
- Wash the cucumbers. If they are plucked not today, but a few days ago, soak them in clean water - thanks to this they will become more elastic, and subsequently more crunchy. Although, if vegetables are in the refrigerator for more than a week, this life hack will not help.
- Prepare the marinade: wash the greens and chop finely, grind the spices (if necessary). If you do not have a grinder for spices, cloves, pepper and coriander can be grated in a mortar or even crushed with a wooden pestle for mashed potatoes.
- Trim the ends on each cucumber, then divide the “carcass” into 4 parts.
- Put the cucumbers in a bag, sprinkle with salt, sugar, spices. Tie a bag, actively shake it, distributing spices to each piece.
- Send the cucumbers to the refrigerator, immediately placing a deep plate under the package so that the cucumber juice does not stain the shelf of the refrigerator (and a “t-shirt” will flow, of course, and in large quantities). After an hour, remove the bag, shake or crush again. You can just flip it.
- After 2 hours, boil the potatoes, fry the meatballs and serve ready-made salted, spicy-smelling cucumbers. By the way! If, according to this recipe, small cucumbers are salted, you do not need to cut them (just "tip off" the tips). But the cooking time of such vegetables will increase to 8 hours. It is better to leave them in the refrigerator for the night.
By the way! If, according to this recipe, small cucumbers are salted, you do not need to cut them (just "tip off" the tips). But the cooking time of such vegetables will increase to 8 hours. That is, it is better to leave them in the refrigerator for the night.
Fast salted cucumbers in 5 minutes
- Cucumbers - 500 g (you can even over-ripen; in this case, peel them)
- Salt - 2 tsp. ("Under the knife");
- Garlic - 3 cloves (large)
- Caraway seeds - 0.5 tsp.
- Dry mustard - 0.5 tsp. (preferably in grains, but powder can also be taken)
- Dill - 5 pcs (twigs)
- Lemon - 0.5 pcs (only juice is needed)
If the household does not have lemon juice, it can be replaced with vinegar. But it is better to take not too vigorous (by 6%), and not table, but more natural - say, apple.
- Cucumbers cut into quarters (and if in doubt, circles), put in a bag. In the photo - heat resistant, that is, for baking.
- Squeeze the garlic, put to the cucumbers. Add salt, mustard, caraway seeds ...
- The final touch is finely chopped dill leaves. Pour squeezed lemon juice.
- Trying to squeeze a lemon over a tea strainer, in this case, is not necessary - it’s not scary if the bag contains seeds.
- Tie cucumbers and shake the bag well. Leave it on the kitchen surface until main courses are served.
- Such vegetables can be served with any dish, but cucumbers are best suited to potato pancakes.
- Store unsalted salted cucumbers in the same bag, placed in a deep plate. Be sure to keep them in the refrigerator. But even there, if the cucumbers did not end in a couple of days, you need to get a bag and drain the juice - it can fill even a deep plate to the brim, and you have to wash the refrigerator.
- The taste of such cucumbers will turn out to be gentle enough to make the snack not only for adults, but also for children.
Despite the fact that the cucumbers are cooked for 5 minutes, they can be lightly salted and much longer. From the increase in cooking time, the taste of the dish will benefit.
Salted cucumbers in a package per day
- Cucumbers - 750 g (any size, better than large)
- Seasoning for "Korean mocha" - ¼ pcs (packs)
- Carrot - 1 pc. (Large, preferably juicy)
- Vinegar - ¼ cups (200 ml) (tablespoon, 9%)
- Refined vegetable oil - 1.5 tbsp. l
- Garlic - 0.5 pcs (large)
- Sugar - 50 g (i.e., about 2 large spoons with a small pea)
- Salt - 25 g (spoon with peas)
The taste of these cucumbers, salted in a bag, is influenced by the right choice of seasoning. If there are several of them in the store, it is better to refuse seasonings, in the first place in the ingredients of which is salt (or worse, salt with sugar). They almost do not give the cucumber the desired flavor. Buy a 100% spice composition. And add salt according to the recipe.
- Prepare the necessary vegetables.
- Cucumbers are cut into 2 parts each, after which both halves are chopped into small half rings.
- Put cucumbers and coarsely grated carrots in a bag. If there is a “Korean” grater, carrots can be grated on it.
- Add all other ingredients to the package. Garlic must be crushed.
- Tie and shake well so that spices, salt and sugar, and vinegar and oil are distributed over each cucumber piece.
- Send in the refrigerator for a day. However, if it is unbearable, the sample can be removed already 3 hours later.
- It will turn out a simple, but at the same time bright snack. Despite the use of “vigorous” ingredients, the taste of cucumbers will turn out without too much pungency - balanced, even slightly sweet. Such salted cucumbers, cooked in a bag, will be able to decorate any dinner, even a very modest one, consisting of wieners and pasta.
By the way! According to any recipe described above, you can cook not only cucumbers, but also mixed vegetables. That is, grind the mixture of chopped large pieces of cucumbers and zucchini, as well as a tomato (preferably a small size, with tight pulp, chopped in halves). Assorted vegetables can take about 12 hours.