Salad "Nezhinsky" - one of the most popular types of home preservation of cucumbers for the winter. Such a salad is prepared with the addition of onions, parsley, chopped garlic and spices, so that it turns out to be very aromatic and tasty. You do not need much time to cook it, the salad is not boiled, sliced fresh vegetables are laid out in jars immediately, after which they are sterilized. As a result, you get a delicious home-made snack, which you can even put on the holiday table without any hesitation.
Salad "Nezhinsky" from cucumbers for the winter
- Cucumbers - 1 kg
- Onions - 125 g
- Parsley - 50 g
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Vegetable oil - 125 ml
- Vinegar - 60 ml (9%)
- Salt - 15 g
- If you decide to make Nezhinsky salad, soak the cucumbers in ice water for 8 to 10 hours in advance (it is best to do this overnight) so that they remain crispy and dense during the canning process. After that, wash them, cut the ponytails, cut along and cut into small halves of circles (if you have small cucumbers, you can cut them into circles).
- Fold the sliced cucumbers into a deep bowl or basin. Try to choose a large dish, so that later it is convenient to mix the salad in it.
- Peel and wash the onions, and then cut it in any way convenient for you - half rings, rings or feathers.
- Add chopped onions to a bowl of cucumbers.
- Rinse parsley under water and shake, then chop finely.
- Then add it to the cucumbers and onions.
- Peel the garlic cloves, wash and chop (the garlic can be squeezed through a press, but finely chopped pieces give the salad a greater flavor). Also add it to a bowl of greens and vegetables.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a small saucepan or ladle, boil it for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour the refried oil into the salad, add salt and 9% vinegar. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly (best done by hand) several times. Try it, if necessary, add salt.
- Wash cans for preservation with soda, rinse with cold water and boil over steam, then spread the salad in them, evenly distributing the juice formed in the cans. Try to stack the vegetables tightly, from time to time crushing them with a spoon, and filling the jars to the top, since during the sterilization process the vegetables will sit in the jar, and it can only be half full.
- Cans with Nezhinsky salad cover with iron lids, put in a pan (cover the bottom with a kitchen towel and pour warm water) so that they do not touch each other. Put the pan on the stove and sterilize the twists from the moment of boiling for 15 - 20 minutes. Thanks to sterilization, the cucumbers in the salad are crispy and juicy, and the salad itself can be stored for a long time. In addition, the use of such a conservation method as sterilization is a 100% guarantee that your workpieces will not deteriorate and the lids will not be torn.
- After the allotted time, carefully using a tack, remove the jars from the hot water, roll them up, turn them over and wrap them up to cool completely.
- After that, bring the Nezhinsky salad from the cucumbers to storage in the cellar or cellar (the shelf life of preservation is up to three years). Such a delicious canned salad in winter is a great addition to main dishes and meat. Bon Appetit!