Salad from cucumbers "Winter King" to correct so as not to coincide with the subzag
Many people like the Winter King cucumber salad for the simplicity of its preparation: cut the vegetables, then insist for a while (so that they put the juice in), after which they boil for a short time and immediately close. The salad does not need to be sterilized, which, of course, greatly simplifies the canning process, and the main set of ingredients for this preparation is the most affordable - cucumbers, onions and dill. Thanks to this quick method of preservation, the cucumbers in the salad are crispy and fragrant. Winter King salad can be eaten not only as an independent snack, but also added to other dishes, for example, to soups.
Cucumber Salad Winter King
- Cucumbers - 2.5 kg
- Onions - 0.5 kg
- Dill - 1 pc (bunch)
- Vinegar - 50 ml (9%)
- Sugar - 2.5 tbsp. l
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Black pepper - 5 pcs (peas)
- Wash the young cucumbers (if desired, they can be soaked in cold water for a couple of hours so that they are even crispy in the salad), remove the tails, cut along and cut into not too thick halves of the circles.
- Cut peeled and washed onions into rings (if you have small onions) or half rings (if you have large onions).
- Take a large deep bowl or basin, pour the chopped cucumbers there.
- Add chopped onions to the cucumbers.
- Next, add sugar and salt to the vegetables, carefully mix the vegetables with your hands so that the onions and cucumbers are evenly distributed among themselves, and the bulk ingredients are completely dissolved. Leave the salad to infuse for 1.5 hours so that the vegetables let the juice go. During this time, just prepare the cans (it is best to take half-liter cans for a salad, but if you have a large family, liter cans will be just the way): wash them thoroughly, rinse and sterilize in any way convenient for you (over steam, in the microwave or in the oven )
- After 1.5 hours, mix the vegetables well again (cucumbers with onions should let the juice go during this time, and their volume should decrease slightly).
- Pour 9% vinegar into the pan in which you will prepare the salad, add peppercorns and finely chopped dill. Traditionally, the Winter King cucumber salad is preserved with the addition of a large amount of dill, which gives the appetizer its original taste. But, if you do not like this type of greenery, you can do without it or add just a few twigs for flavor.
- Pour the cucumbers along with the onion and the juice that has formed into a saucepan for vinegar and dill, mix the salad thoroughly several times, and then put it on a medium heat. Bring the salad to a boil and boil for about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly. As soon as the cucumbers change their color - remove the pan from the stove.
- Immediately put the salad in hot prepared cans, roll and wrap until it cools completely.
- After one to two days, store the preservation in a dark, preferably cool place. Such a salad can be stored for up to three years.