Potato digger with Neva motor-block
To facilitate work in the garden, many brands of walk-behind blocks are used. The most popular are Neva, Centaur and Oka. The devices are universal: they are used to perform most operations related to the care of vegetables. A potato digger for the Neva walk-behind tractor can significantly facilitate the harvesting process.
Potato digger with Neva motor-block
The principle of operation of the device
The use of potato diggers for the Neva motor-block in medium-sized vegetable gardens is better than processing with heavy equipment. Tractors have low productivity in small areas due to size and low maneuverability.
Manual labor in middle areas is also inefficient: it requires too much human energy. The best option is the Neva walk-behind tractor. The unit economically consumes fuel, is maneuverable and universal.
Using potato diggers
When harvesting, a potato digger is installed for the Neva. The principle of operation of the device is to cut the potatoes with teeth and pull it to the surface, where it spreads to the sides. From the land, crops are harvested by hand.
Types of potato digger:
- Plain. Outwardly, the mechanism resembles a bent shovel or paw, to the top of which rods with a centimeter diameter are attached. The sharp part is buried in the ground and directs the potatoes to the rods, which carry it to the surface. In the absence of excess moisture, the soil flies from the fruits, and they can only be collected.
- Crashing. A vibrating potato digger works according to a similar principle, but has a more complex structure. Cutting the fruit performs a ploughshare. Cut potatoes fall on a vibrating grate, where excess earth is removed from it.
- Transporter. It works similarly to a vibrating one, but instead of a grate, a conveyor table is installed that cleans the tubers of adhering earth.
A simple potato digger consists of:
- working body;
- tensioning device.
On screening and conveyor belts additionally installed:
- vibration grid or conveyor table;
- clutch assembly;
The advantage of a simple potato digger for a walk-behind tractor is its economy and ease of use. Small tools are more advanced and faster, but their disadvantage is the complexity of the device and the high cost. The price of such devices is several times more than simple.
Choosing which potato digger is best should be based on the characteristics of the site. Small screens do not tolerate heavy soils, but are more productive in large areas. Simple ones are suitable for all types of soil, but they are rational to use in small gardens.
Potato diggers differ in parameters
Potato diggers for the Neva motor-block are characterized by a number of parameters:
- width of capture;
- processing depth;
- the number of simultaneously processed rows;
- working speed;
Neva motoblocks are complemented by potato planters of the following models:
- KKM-1. A rattle potato digger, which is also used when harvesting other root crops. It has a mechanism for adjusting the processing depth to 20 cm and the degree of separation through a change in the revolutions of the walk-behind tractor. Suitable for light and medium soils. Working speed - 1.5 km / h. Processing width - 40 cm.
- KVM-3. Relate to small. It is possible to install an additional working body to enhance vibration. Suitable for heavy wet soils. Specifications are similar to KKM-1.
- Poltava Vibrating potato digger designed to work on light and medium soils. The advantage is a high working speed. The device works efficiently at 3 km / h. Coverage is 40 cm and the processing depth is 18 cm.
- Neva. The device is designed specifically for Neva walk-behind tractors and has a specific type of mount. Belong to the vibrational type. Coverage - 36 cm, speed - 2 km / h. It has a good productivity of 0.18 ha / h.
- KT-51. Conveyor potato digger with the ability to adjust the depth of work, changing the angle using the support wheels. Coverage - 46 cm.
Self-made potato digger
Potato diggers for a walk-behind tractor like KKM-1 have a high price. If you have the necessary tools and skills, the unit is made independently.
The advantages of this method are the price and individual selection of segments for the characteristics of the site and soil. There is also the possibility of manufacturing, based on their own preferences, which improves processing comfort.
For the manufacture of a screening unit requires:
- diagram or drawing;
- parts for the chassis;
- hanging segments;
- vertical adjustment rod;
- grinder with a disc for metal;
- welding machine.
Stages of assembly of a screening potato digger:
- Assembly of the base. The basis of the potato planter is the frame. It is made of centimeter or inch metal pipes. They are cut into several pieces and welded into the desired shape.
- Installation of jumpers. They are intended for installation on them of vertical draft of management. Jumpers are placed on the side opposite to the wheels, at a small distance from the edge.
- Installation of racks. From the side of the jumpers, 2 metal plates of square or rectangular shape are mounted. Vertical racks are attached to them and connected to each other by a separate jumper.
- Installation of the working body. It is made of a metal plate, arching it into the desired shape. The body is mounted on a rack.
- Manufacturing lattice. The basis is metal rods. One side is welded to the working body, and the second is left free.
- Installing the chassis and controls. Wheels and adjusting rods are mounted in holes on the frame.
Using a potato digger with a Neva motor-block allows you to get a crop quickly without damaging the fruits. Also the walk-behind tractor is suitable for planting, hilling and weeding.
To obtain a good harvest, they monitor the condition of the row spacing. Weeds are regularly destroyed: they tolerate many diseases and degrade the nutrition of potatoes.