Top dressing is an important step in the care of peppers. top dressings are organic and chemical. Yeast pepper dressing is a safe and effective remedy. In the article, we will consider how to properly fertilize pepper with yeast.
Yeast fertilizers are useful for vegetables due to their composition:
- 65% of protein elements
- 10% amino acids
- 25% of various minerals, including manganese and potassium, glands, copper and nitrogen.
The fungus included in the yeast secretes substances very useful for pepper, it is capable of:
- activate the growth of vegetable crops,
- give an impetus to the development of the root system of peppers and accelerates the growth of their vegetative part,
- to increase the percentage of survival of young seedlings, minimizing the stress that occurs in plants during transplantation,
- to suspend the process of excessive stretching of the stalks of peppers at the stage of growing seedlings,
- to reduce the ripening period of fruits and improve their quality characteristics,
- saturate the soil with beneficial bacteria, thereby increasing soil fertility.
It is recommended to feed pepper with fertilizers with yeast three times in one garden season.
- by applying fertilizer directly to the heated ground,
- method of irrigation with yeast compounds.
At the stage of transplantation
The initial feeding of young seedlings is carried out when they are transplanted into the soil to the place of constant cultivation. At this stage, watering the pepper is necessary in order to increase their stress resistance and reduce the period of adaptation of the sprouts to new conditions. The solution or dry yeast is applied directly to the wells prepared for planting seedlings, previously watered.
When the first inflorescences appear on pepper bushes, a second yeast bait is carried out: 2 l of solution per 1 bush.
At the stage of fruit formation
During the ripening period of pepper fruits, it is recommended to feed the plants for the third time. The irrigation rate in this case depends on the number of fruits on each bush and is 1-2l.
Stick to recommendations
It is necessary to prepare and water the vegetable culture with yeast formulations, taking into account some recommendations and limitations.
For fertilizer, you can use raw or dry quick-acting yeast. The product must be fresh.
When cooking, the temperature of the liquid should be at least 30 'and not more than 40'. In cold conditions, the fermentation necessary for the development of a yeast fungus stops, and in hot water the main beneficial component dies.
In the open area it is brought in in the morning and in warm time, when the soil is no longer cold, but also not overheated under direct sunlight.
In a greenhouse, pepper yeast fertilizer is recommended on cloudy days, because in an overheated soil in a greenhouse, a yeast fungus dies.
If you decide to feed the seedlings or adult pepper with yeast, do not use both chemical and organic fertilizers. Also, manure and chicken droppings are not added with yeast. All additional components slow down the development of yeast, and in some cases cause its death.
You can make a yeast bait for peppers in one of the most popular ways.
You will need 1kg of raw yeast, 5-7l of water. The mixture diluted with water is left for 1 hour in a warm place. Before use, the yeast composition is diluted additionally with water in a ratio of 1:10. It is recommended for use at the seedling growing stage to accelerate growth, as well as for pepper bushes at the flowering stage.
At the stage of fruit formation, the working fluid is made from the yeast component with sugar. For this purpose, you will need a ten-liter volume of water and 100g of raw yeast or 20g of dry product. Add 0.5 kg of granulated sugar to the water, mix until completely dissolved and add the yeast. The mixture stands in a warm place for 3 days.
In the process of fermentation, the volume of the working fluid will increase, therefore use containers whose volume exceeds the diluted mixture by 2 times.
The ready-to-use solution will turn cloudy, and the foam that appears in the first stages of the fermentation process will settle. When making yeast nutrition for a vegetable crop, the finished mixture is diluted with water in a proportion of 1:10.
In a third way, a yeast mixture is prepared to increase the fertility of the soil. Do it in stages.
- Initially, 100 g of yeast mixture and 100 g of granulated sugar are diluted in a ten-liter volume of water. The mixture is aged 1 day.
- At the same time, wood ash is insisted (1 liter of ash powder per ten-liter volume of water).
- For the purpose of bait, 1 l of ash infusion and 1 l of yeast mixture are combined, the volume is added with water to 10 l.