Pear variety Just Maria
Pear Just Maria is considered one of the best fruit varieties. Gardeners are advised to purchase seedlings of this variety. A detailed description of the variety will be considered in the article.
Pear variety Just Maria
A self-made pear bred by Belarusians Just Maria was the result of crossed hybrids, one of which is form 6 / 89-100, and the other, little-known among Russian gardeners, Maslyanaya Ro.
Description of the pear Just Mary: a late-ripening variety, because this tree begins to bear fruit only in October, and the term for full ripening of the fruits ends only in the last days of autumn. It is characterized by high productivity regardless of climatic conditions, withstands frosts down to -35 ° C -38 ° C. Even after freezing, pear trees retain their ability to bear fruit, quickly come to life and bring a good harvest.
Characteristics of a variety of pears Just Maria:
- the average weight of large fruits reaches 160-180g, the maximum possible weight can exceed 200g;
- The color of the fruit is green-yellow with a slight pink tint, the shape is classic, with a smooth smooth skin, the stalk is short, thickened and slightly curved;
- the fruit pulp is cream colored, it has average density and oiliness, a sweet and juicy flavor with a slight sour aftertaste.
Benefits of Just Maria Pear:
- good taste characteristics prevailing over other pear varieties, such as Bere Box;
- trees begin fruiting in a relatively short period after planting - on the 3rd or 4th year;
- ripening even in cold climatic conditions and the preservation of their life at low temperatures;
- increased resistance of the pear variety to most diseases characteristic of fruit trees.
Description of the disadvantages of the pear variety Just Maria:
- summer residents of the Moscow region and other Russian regions note that for good yield, it is imperative to plant those plants that attract pollinating insects for the purpose of natural pollination in the process of growing and caring for trees.
Preparation for landing
The time for planting is late autumn, when foxes fall on plants and the first cold weather begins.
Before planting in the soil, they are soaked in water for 5-7 hours. For the seedling, a hole is prepared in the ground from soil and peat 1.0-1.5 m deep, making it conical. The root processes of the tree are distributed throughout the earthen cone and fill the pit with fertile soil, slightly tamping.
A suitable place is the southern part of the infield. But it can bear fruit even in the shade.
A peg is driven in near the tree, which will become a support for the plant. It is to him that a sapling is tied with fabric strips. Immediately after planting, the pear plant is watered, and when the soil absorbs all the liquid, the earth around it is loosened.
Provide good plant care
For this pear variety, complete care is important so that the plant does not get sick and does not stop its growth and development.
It is important for young seedlings to create favorable conditions:
- to provide oxygen to the roots by loosening and weeding with due regularity,
- according to the established schedule, add nutrient complexes, which include potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen, and when forming fruits add urea solution with a concentration of 0.4% to the soil,
- create protection against rodents that infect trees in the fall by wrapping them with compacted paper,
- prepare the tree for winter frosts, creating an elevation from the soil and covering with foliage of soils around the trunk.
The tree needs constant watering, especially in dry summers. Regularity and abundance of watering are the main conditions for care.
This is done not only immediately after planting the plants on the garden plot, but also throughout the season with a frequency of 4-5 times. The water consumption rate for one pear tree leaves about 3 ten-liter buckets. After the irrigation procedure, the soil loosens, providing oxygen access to the root system.
Propagation of the pear variety Just Maria is carried out by cuttings, through layering and through grafting.
Propagation by cuttings
It is necessary to take a green stalk from a ripened pear tree that has leaves, and place it in a warm environment where the temperature reaches 20 ° -25 °. Under these conditions, the appendix will have roots in a short period of time.
You can maintain the required degree with the help of a film.
In the hot period, the stalk is sprayed 5-6 times a day. The frequency of spraying is reduced in cloudy weather to 2-3 times.
The processing of cuttings by growth stimulators allows accelerating the appearance of roots in cuttings.
In the greenhouse, cuttings are laid out so that the shoots are higher than the soil level.
Propagation by layering
This method is considered the simplest. An important condition is to choose the right shoots from an adult pear. Initially, soil is prepared, where it will be necessary to root the shoots, saturating it with oxygen and moisturizing abundantly.
This method of reproduction has a number of features:
- almost no harm to the parent tree,
- the process is covered with earth, leaving only its top,
- cuttings are cut a year before the formation of the roots, choosing the most developed,
- when the root system appears in the proper state, the layers are disconnected from the parent.
This is the most complex technology and time-consuming method in which a branch of a tree is cut and grafted to another plant. They resort to this method before the arrival of sap flow or after it.
For the vaccination method, it is necessary to cut off the year-old cuttings. Their length should be chosen so that 3-4 kidneys do not fit on either.
It is recommended to trim the growths for vaccinations in December, before the first frosts that harden pear wood.
Sliced growths are stacked for the winter in the basement. When spring comes at a right angle, the graft and the branch of the tree to which it is grafted (graft) are cut at a right angle, dividing a slice of about 3 cm. Parts that are grafted, held together and wrapped with tape or tape.