Mushrooms in September 2019
The mushroom season begins in spring and ends in September or October. Mushrooms in September 2019 will grow actively, so we mushroom pickers hope. According to preliminary reports of weather forecasters, the weather this month is favorable for their growth.
Mushrooms in September 2019
Types of mushrooms in September
September in the middle lane and in the south of Russia is characterized by usually warm weather and heavy rainfall. Under such conditions, most edible mushrooms grow:
- oyster mushrooms;
- honey mushrooms;
- annular cap (hens).
September rightfully bears the title of the mushroom month of the year. Along with edible species, poisonous ones also grow - pale grebes, fly agarics, spider webs, false mushrooms.
Mushroom picking by region
In different regions of Russia, the mushroom harvest in September will be relatively uniform. Forecasters do not predict temperature anomalies. A small amount of rainfall in the Crimea, Saratov, Ryazan, Voronezh, Volgograd, Astrakhan regions, as well as in Saratov does not promise a large variety of mushrooms.
The most successful September gathering will be in such regions:
- Leningrad Oblast: humidity is quite high here, which is why many species of edible mushrooms grow. Popular places among mushroom pickers in the Leningrad Region are Novoe Devyatkino, Berngardovka, Semrino, Pukholovo, Nurma, Sosnovo, Lavrovo, and Mirror Lake.
- Moscow region: reports of mushroom pickers (in social networks and forums) over the past years show that the most mushroom places are located in the vicinity of the cities of Chekhov, Zvenigorod, Stupino, Odintsovo, as well as in the Kolomensky district. The territory along the Kaluga highway is rich in mushrooms . Istra district of the Moscow region is one of the best mushroom places in Russia.
- Krasnodar Territory: any forest and planting is considered a mushroom place in the Kuban. 600 species of cap mushrooms grow there. Most of them are edible, but many are poisonous.
- Tula region: almost every year they harvest rich crops of whites, boletus, mushrooms, butter, and seaworms. Mushroom places - the surroundings of Tula, Chernsky, Leninsky, Efremovsky districts .
- Tver and Tver region: in the forests find a lot of porcini mushrooms. One of the richest places is Rozhdestveno, a territory along the highway to Staritsa.
- Yaroslavl region: in September 2019 there are waiting for a rich harvest of chanterelles and white. Popular places are forests near the villages of Shestikhino and Markhachevo, the Bolsheselsky district (Meshkovo and Afanasyevo), the village of Larino near Yaroslavl.
- Nizhny Novgorod region: here the collection of mushrooms continues throughout the year, and all thanks to the abundance of water bodies. Rich places are Nizhny Novgorod and its environs: the villages of Tarasikha, Shemanikha, Bolshoy Pikino, and the region of Lake Svetloyar.
- Ulyanovsk and all areas of the region: local residents in the autumn collect mushrooms, honey mushrooms, boletus and other famous varieties.
- Surroundings of Samara: mushrooms, mushrooms and mushrooms grow here.
- Cities of Siberia : Tyumen, Yekaterinburg, September 2019 promises to be rich in mushrooms and in them. Note. Mushrooms in Chelyabinsk are not advised to collect because of the large number of industrial enterprises.
Harvested in September, suitable for use in boiled, stewed, fried, pickled form. The method of preparation depends on the mushroom category to which the forest harvest you have collected belongs.
It is recommended to go for mushrooms after rains.
Peak food poisoning for many years in September. Many do not understand the varieties and can mistakenly collect not only toxic, false, but also old mushrooms.
Mushroom picking is allowed only in forests, plantings, groves away from busy roads, businesses, hospitals and cemeteries. Mycelium quickly absorbs toxins that accumulate in such an attractive and appetizing at first glance fruit body.
It is preferable to go hunting after warm, small, “mushroom” rains. Fungi grow within 3-4 days, in 6 days reach an average size. In dry periods, the edibility of fruiting bodies decreases.
Only young mushrooms, which have not yet matured spores, are allowed to eat. This is evidenced by an unopened hat (under it is a whole film - a cover covering the hymenophore). Adult mushrooms lose nutrients, accumulate a number of toxins.
In edible varieties, plates can change color as the body grows. Therefore, if in a family of different representatives of the plate (tube) of a different color, mushrooms are allowed to be collected. Attention! In atlases of edible and poisonous mushrooms, this fact (age-related changes in the color of the hymenophore) must be indicated. Poisonous plates remain white, but the rule has exceptions.
Caution should be taken with mushrooms that grow on tree bark and stumps. Their edibility depends on the vital activity of the tree.
Mushrooms are not recommended for children up to 7 years old, pregnant women, patients with ulcers, renal failure.
Before use, mushrooms must be thoroughly washed and cooked for 15-25 minutes.
Signs of food poisoning are:
- dyspeptic disorders;
- cramps in the stomach;
- impaired coordination of movements.
Symptoms occur during the first day after toxins enter the body. To cleanse, doctors recommend vomiting before the ambulance arrives. To do this, drink 1-1.5 liters of water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate in 1-2 approaches.
Irina Selyutina (Biologist):
Quite often there are problems associated with pale grebe poisoning, because toxins contained in its pulp (phalloidin and amanitin) cause damage to the liver and myocardium. These poisons are resistant to high temperatures and are not destroyed by any type of heat treatment or drying. The first symptoms appear after 6-12 hours and may not be related to the consumption of mushrooms by food. They can be taken for ordinary indigestion. This is the first danger of pale grebe poisoning. Then abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, dehydration, and intense thirst may appear. Then improvement can come and after 3-5 days, when the “quiet” workers destroy the liver, kidneys, nervous system, there is a catastrophic drop in blood sugar and loss of consciousness, which in combination can lead to death. Therefore, poisoning with a pale toadstool requires urgent hospitalization. Special laboratory tests will help determine the presence of pale toadstool toxins in the blood.
Of course, before being admitted to the hospital, the victim must be given first aid (rinse the stomach, etc.). In a medical institution, he will undergo an exchange blood transfusion, hemodialysis, enter:
- intravenously: glucose with insulin;
- subcutaneously: atropine (for respiratory failure).
Therefore, when processing mushrooms, it is important to carefully sort them again, and if there is a suspicion of a pale grebe among them, destroy the entire harvest.
Treatment of intoxication is carried out using sorbents, and then drugs to restore healthy microflora. Symptomatic therapy is also performed. With severe poisoning, prolonged vomiting and diarrhea, emergency medical attention is required. A poisoned person is advised to solder with water from a spoon to prevent dehydration.
September 2019 will be fruitful for mushrooms in many regions of Russia. This month mushrooms of 1-4 categories grow. Before going to the forest, it is imperative to study the area using a map, and using an atlas or a directory with photos or pictures of mushrooms, which are typical for it. Only the care of the mushroom picker will help to avoid poisoning.