There are many types of conditionally edible mushrooms. One of the most delicious and wholesome is the fungus mushrooms. Their scientific name is garden, or thyroid entoloma. They belong to the family Entolom and the genus Entolom. Representatives of the genus are often found in mixed types of forests; they are popular due to their pleasant taste and useful properties.
Description of appearance
- the diameter of the hat is 7-12 cm. In a young mushroom, it has a bell-shaped or conical shape, smooth to the touch. It gets dark in wet weather.
- the color of the hat, depending on age, varies from light gray to brown;
- on the underside there are wide beige plates;
- grayish leg, cylindrical, may be twisted or curved.
The leg breaks easily, in old age it becomes hollow. It does not have the usual rings for honey agarics. The pulp is fibrous, has a mild powdery taste, no smell. The resulting spore powder has a light pink color.
Subglacids are found in different types of forests, but more often in deciduous and mixed ones near birch, oak or mountain ash. In home gardens, grow next to fruit trees or bushes of roses and hawthorn.
Begin mass fruiting in July-June. It rarely grows alone, more often found in small groups.
This is a popular genus of the fungus, which includes both edible and poisonous species. The most common, in addition to the garden entoloma (they can be considered false counterparts of this fungus), are:
- The submarine is pale brown: it differs in the brown-green color of the hat and the white leg. It begins to bear fruit in May, is conditionally edible.
- Spring submarine: its hat is darker than other species, differs in small size. Fruits in April and May. Refers to poisonous.
- Podslivnik squeezed: has a yellow-brown color of the hat and a pungent smell of ammonia. Belongs to the category of poisonous mushrooms.
- Tinfoil, or poisonous: the hat is light gray, the plates of the hymenophore are yellow. The cap is convex in young mushrooms, and vice versa in open mushrooms. Its surface is silky. The pulp is thick, exudes an unpleasant odor. Relate the fungus to poisonous, when eaten it can cause severe intestinal upset.
Irina Selyutina (Biologist):
When entomol poisoning, the following symptoms may occur:
- nausea and vomiting;
- loss of coordination;
- long-term migraine;
- weakness in the body;
- diarrhea and flatulence.
Please note! In the event of the appearance of even one symptom, it is urgent to consult a doctor.
Did you know? Entoloma Garden has an amazing relative - Entolome Blue. The name itself speaks of its sky blue color. The mushroom is found exclusively in the tropical forests of India and New Zealand. An unusual look made this look a "star" - it is depicted on New Zealand banknotes of $ 50.
Despite the fact that the sublingual has been consumed for a long time, mycologists have not yet come to the final conclusion - is it poisonous or not?
This mushroom has many beneficial properties. Used as an antibiotic in the treatment of tuberculosis. Special medicines are prepared from it, which help to quickly cure the disease. And thanks to special substances in the composition, the sublingual prevents blood coagulation.
It removes toxins from the body and boosts immunity. It also destroys viruses, therefore it is especially useful for colds.
The sublingual has no contraindications, but it is important not to forget that it is conditionally edible. Therefore, it is first necessary to boil the mushroom for 15-20 minutes, drain the water, and then add to the soups, fry or pickle.
To avoid poisoning, you cannot pick these mushrooms after a long drought, because in the first rain they absorb a lot of toxins. Also, do not pick mushrooms growing next to toadstools and other poisonous fruits.
The legs of the mushroom are not eaten.
Entoloma is often used in cooking. It is necessary to trim their legs, because due to unnecessary stiffness they will spoil the taste of the dish.
Also, sublingual is often used in medicine. Some drugs are prepared from it and used in traditional medicine.
These mushrooms are fried, added to the first dishes. They are especially suitable for pickling and pickling. In this case, they do not need to be soaked, just boil enough. Salting Recipe:
- boil fruit bodies twice, drain the water;
- pour clean water, add garlic, salt, spices and cook for another hour;
- fold under oppression and leave in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Delicious first courses are obtained. Description of making entolome soup:
- pre-cook chicken stock and remove chicken from it;
- finely chop the mushrooms, onions and fry in olive oil for 10-15 minutes;
- add 1/3 cup cognac to the pan and simmer the mushrooms until it evaporates;
- Ready mushrooms are added to the broth, salt, and pepper.
Warm salad is prepared from subglacials. Mushrooms are finely chopped, boiled for 5 minutes and thrown through a colander. Next, chop the tomatoes, onions and garlic and fry for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms and stew for another 3-4 minutes. For a more pleasant taste, add spices, herbs or lemon juice.
As part of this fungus, there are substances that help in the fight against many diseases. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, effectively fights viruses, and in combination with drug treatment helps to fight tuberculosis. In its composition there are such useful elements:
- minerals and amino acids - help restore skin, slow down the aging process;
- polysaccharides - strengthen immunity;
- phytosteroids - positively affect the reproductive system;
- antioxidants - rejuvenate the body;
- active volatile - suppress viruses.
To prepare alcohol tinctures, take a glass of alcohol and dried or fresh mushrooms. They are crushed, put in a jar, filled with liquid and left to infuse for 2 weeks in a dark place.
To strengthen the immune system, take 1 tablespoon. medicines three times a day. For colds, drink 2 tbsp. 30 minutes a day before meals.
The submarines can also be grown at home. It is better to use a ready-made store mycelium, one of its packaging is enough for 2-3 m². Mushroom planting rules:
- Fluff up the soil and make 5-10 cm deepenings in it. Distribute the mycelium evenly.
- Sprinkle it with soil mixed with humus. Top with plain earth.
This organism can be planted at any time of the year; it grows well under any trees. In dry weather, watered every day, 7-10 liters of water are used per 1 m2. The first collection can be carried out after 5 months, after sowing the mycelium.
The subglacial is a popular mushroom that is found in different latitudes. It is conditionally edible. Before use, it must be boiled.
It is easy to grow it yourself on a garden plot, it is unpretentious in care and gives a good harvest in 5 months after planting. In folk medicine, it is used to treat colds and strengthen the body.