Motoblock when planting potatoes
Each gardener is engaged in growing potatoes. Vegetable is one of the main culinary products, which makes it popular. Planting potatoes with a motoblock is effective in medium-sized areas. The device speeds up the planting process, and is also used throughout the growing period and for harvesting.
Motoblock when planting potatoes
Using a walk-behind tractor
To perform the planting of potatoes using a walk-behind tractor, the following brands of equipment are used:
- Belorussian 09n;
Advantages of walk-behind blocks:
- Universality (the simplest and most universal are the Oka and Neva). Units are used for all types of work in the garden. They are suitable for tillage, planting and harvesting.
- Compactness (Oka). Motoblocks do not weigh as much as heavy types of equipment and do not take up much space.
- Profitability. The motor of the unit does not require a lot of fuel. In 10 minutes, the unit consumes 100 ml.
- Accurate work with the soil during processing (Oka). The motoblock does not create strong pressure on the ground, such as tractors like MTZ-50 and MTZ-80.
- Easy to use (Neva). The unit is easy to manage and easy to maintain.
The first step is to cut the seed so that it is the same size. Only large tubers need to be cut, but it is better to use medium-sized potatoes. It gives a better harvest than a small one.
Seeds must be sprouted. For this, potatoes are placed in a warm and bright place for a month. When sorting tubers, those with dark spots are thrown away. This is a sign of a viral disease. Before planting, potatoes are treated with a chemical solution against diseases.
Soil needs to be plowed
Before planting potatoes with a walk-behind tractor, warm up the soil to 8-10 ℃. For a better crop, mineral and organic fertilizers are added to the soil.
The soil should be plowed to a depth of 13-16 cm. To do this, a cutter is installed on the cultivator. Planting potatoes using a walk-behind tractor will be better done if you remove the wings on the unit and adjust the stroke. The next step is booking. The purpose of the procedure is to saturate the soil with moisture and oxygen.
All operations are done by one unit, on which such modifiers are hung:
- milling cutter;
- wheel extensions;
Regardless of the method of planting potatoes using a walk-behind tractor, you should follow these tips:
- fertilize the soil before planting;
- make even furrows, which will facilitate care;
- row spacing in the region of 50-70 cm;
- the distance between the bushes 20-35 cm;
- landing depth 10-13 cm.
The distance should be the same for all bushes. The width is uniform along the entire length of the row. To do this, pull the guide ropes along the site.
The use of the hiller
Planting potatoes with a motoblock with a hiller is used in small areas. The landing itself is manual, the walk-behind tractor cuts the furrows. When using a hiller, lugs are mounted on a walk-behind tractor.
After landing, the device is changed to standard rubber wheels. This prevents damage to the potato when instilled.
For convenience, the pupils are additionally equipped with mounted planters. This allows you to reduce the cost of human labor.
The unit consists of such a set of devices:
- Conveyor. The mechanism works on the principle of a conveyor and feeds potatoes.
- The furrower. Slices a furrow.
- Distributor. Adjusts the feed rate of potatoes.
- Disk. Used for hilling. It fills the furrows with soil after planting.
The plow will speed up the process of planting potatoes
The advantage of planting potatoes using a walk-behind tractor with a plow is the simplicity of the operation. The disadvantage of this method is the need for manual laying of potatoes in a rut. The working body is the plow. Planted both single and double row double.
The execution technology consists in introducing the plow into the ground when the walk-behind tractor is moving. The working body digs the earth to a depth of 10-12 cm.
Planting potatoes with a plow is better for two people. The first works as an aggregate and monitors the row spacing, and the second puts the potatoes in the ground. Two-row plow to plant faster.
The advantage of the working body is its versatility. It is suitable for inter-row cultivation, hilling and other methods of working in the garden. The track from the plow is correct - wide and even.
Using a potato planter
Benefits of planting potatoes using a potato planter:
- uniform landing;
- process automation;
- time saving;
- low cost of human power.
The method of planting potatoes with a potato planter allows to plant and cultivate seeds simultaneously. There are also devices that fertilize at the same time as planting.
The disadvantage of working in the garden with a potato planter is the need for a properly calibrated seed. All tubers should be the same size, and shoots of medium length. If you plant improperly selected potatoes in this way, there is a risk of damage, which will reduce yield.
When disembarking, it is required to carefully watch the row spacing and that the track is even. The method of using a potato planter is expensive compared to others. The motor block motor must be powerful to pull a heavy structure. Potato planters are common, so it is possible to make a structure on your own, which will reduce the cost.
Landing in the crests
To plant potatoes in the garden in places where groundwater is close to the surface, use the method of forming rows in the ridges. To do this, use a walk-behind tractor with special devices in the shape of paws.
The height of the ridges is 17-23 cm, depending on the working body. This method will protect the seed from excess water, which causes rot and disease. Sow in the ridges should only be in moist soil, otherwise the roots will not have enough nutrients.
Using a walk-behind tractor after planting potatoes includes the following operations:
- Weeding. The first cultivation is carried out in a week to destroy the nascent plants. Subsequent weeding is carried out depending on the growth of weeds. The operation is carried out regularly, as pests select nutrients and spread infections. For weeding, motoblocks are equipped with net harrows, knives, weeders and hedgehogs.
- Hilling. The operation is carried out a month after planting, when the first shoots appear. Okuchnik used single row go double row. During this period, fertilizer is also applied using an additional device.
- Harvesting. For this, a potato digger or a special plowman for a walk-behind tractor is installed. They dig potatoes in mid-August, when the bushes are dry.
Using a walk-behind tractor when planting potatoes greatly simplifies the process and makes the site more convenient for processing. The advantage of the unit is also the ability to independently manufacture most of the working bodies.
To extend the operation of the lines, the walk-behind tractor must be carefully looked after. At the end of the season, the unit is disassembled and all parts are cleaned. Damaged segments are replaced with new ones.