Kuban salad for the winter - vegetable overeating
I can confidently and without exaggeration say that Kuban salad is the most delicious. Such a variety and bright colors in one bank, perhaps, you will not find anywhere else.
Cooking this wonderful dish is not at all difficult. It all comes down to the elementary chopping of vegetables. Next, add spices and seasonings, mix, insist, boil and lay out in jars. Everything is very easy and simple. But the result is amazing. Faster to work!
- White cabbage - 2 kg
- Tomatoes - 2 kg
- Carrots - 1.5 kg
- Cucumbers - 1.5 kg
- Bulgarian pepper - 1.5 kg
- Hot pepper - 1 pc.
- Black peppercorns - 30 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 500 ml
- Vinegar - 250 ml (9%)
- Sugar - 150 g
- Salt - 4 tbsp. l
- All vegetables for the salad are thoroughly washed and cleaned.
- We start cooking with the preparation of cucumbers. This will take at least 2 hours. Fruits must be filled with cold water. During the whole time, change the water two times. Cucumbers will become more dense.
- From the cabbage we remove the top 1-2 leaves (they are often a little unsuitable). Next, finely chop the cabbage. We put all the prepared vegetables immediately into a large pot.
- Cucumbers cut into halves of circles. If the cucumbers are small, then you can cut whole circles.
- There will be a lot of vegetables, and to save space, it is at this stage that we add salt to the pan.
- Mix the cabbage with the cucumbers well. While we will cut the next vegetable, the contents of the pan will noticeably decrease.
- Grate carrots with large holes.
- Bell pepper cut in half. Next, we cut each half into three more parts. And then we cut all the strips into strips. If the pepper is not very large, then it can be cut into four parts, and then into strips.
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Cut out the part where the twig was attached. Next, cut each half into 3 or four parts (depends on the size of the tomato).
- It remains to chop hot pepper. To avoid getting pepper in the eyes, I recommend that you put on a rubber glove on one hand (in which you will hold the pepper while cutting). Cut the peppercorn lengthwise, peel the seeds, which just give the main sharpness. Next, cut the half into thin strips.
- Now add granulated sugar to the pan.
- And finally, we send to all the ingredients black peppercorns and broken leaves of parsley.
- Pour in vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix everything well so that everything is evenly distributed. Leave for 1 hour so that all the vegetables let the juice go.
- After an hour, the amount of lettuce in the pan will noticeably decrease. Now you can mix again and taste. If necessary, you can add salt, vinegar. We put the pan on the stove and cook for 15 minutes after boiling.
- We lay out the ready-made salad in previously washed and sterilized cans, they must be hot. At this stage, helpers in the kitchen are desirable. A real conveyor starts: while one tank is filling, the second is heating up. And so on. The rolled up ready-made cans are turned over, wrapped up and left to cool.
- Kuban salad is ready for the winter! Such a bright, colorful and very tasty salad turned out! Real summer at the bank!