Jeepsey Pepper Characterization
Among many Dutch varieties, Jeepsey pepper is very popular. It is distinguished by a super-early type of maturation, unpretentiousness to conditions and ease of care. Resistant to weather changes and suitable for growing everywhere in the middle climatic zone.
The Jeepsey pepper variety is ultra-early, the first fruits reach biological maturation in 55-65 days from the moment of seedling planting. To get an early harvest in the greenhouse, the seeds are sown in early February and they are not picked.
It has a stable yield, from one bush it is possible to collect 2-2.5 kg of pepper per season. The variety is suitable for growing in greenhouses and outdoors. It has a universal table setting, suitable for fresh consumption, cooking and canning.
The bush of this variety is low, reaches a height of 50-60 cm, medium-branched. Stems are fragile prone to mechanical damage. The root system is superficial located in the earth no deeper than 25-30 cm. The leaves are medium sized, wide, rich green. The shape of the sheet plate is elongated, the surface is smooth.
The bush blooms 60-70 days after sowing. The flowers are small white, male and female type. Flowering is long, does not stop until frost. Peppers are self-pollinating by nature, but cross-pollination is possible. Often pollinated with hot pepper, so these species are best planted in different beds at a distance of at least 10 m from each other.
Description of the fetus
The fruits of the Gipsy variety are not large-fruited, but have a beautiful even shape and uniform size of the entire crop. The average weight is 100-120 g, has a length of 10-12 cm, and a width of 5-6 cm.
Characteristic differences of the fetus:
- the skin is thin, dense with a wax shine;
- conical shape, evenly narrowed to the tip;
- wall thickness 4-6 cm;
- smooth crisp flesh;
- divided into three cameras;
- seeds are light yellow;
- the taste is sweet, contain 7.5% sugar.
Peppers are considered technically mature when they are creamy yellow; a fully ripened fruit has a deep red color. Gipsy pepper seeds have a good germination rate of 75-80%.
Sweet pepper Jeepsey f1, according to the description, is undemanding to care for, but proper agricultural technology will allow you to get well-developed bushes, high productivity and even fruits of regular shape. Peppers need regular moderate watering, loosening the soil, weeding, fertilizing with fertilizers and a garter.
Watering and loosening
The first watering is carried out at the time of transplanting. Planting holes are shed with water, and when moisture is absorbed, young plants are planted. After 3-5 days, watering is repeated.
During the season, the bushes are watered according to the scheme once a week until the moment of mass fruiting. When the first batch of fruits began, watering was stopped. Resume after harvest at the beginning of repeated flowering.
Among the basic rules of high-quality watering, it is necessary to highlight:
- Water for irrigation should be settled and warm (above 22 ° C).
- Watering is carried out in the morning or evening.
- Carefully water the bushes under the root so as not to erode the soil.
- For watering one bush, 2-2.5 liters of water is enough.
A beneficial effect on the growth of soil loosening. This will help saturate the earth with oxygen, which improves gas exchange processes and increases the flow of nutrients.
Loosening is carried out after watering. And also after the rain. The depth of cultivation depends on the stage of plant development. Before flowering, cultivation of row-spacings is carried out to a depth of 5-7 cm. When the bushes begin to bloom, increase the depth of cultivation to 10 cm, and by the period of fruiting to 14 cm, and gradually reduce to 5-7 cm.
Pepper requires mandatory top dressing
Jeepsey f1 pepper grows well when it is provided with enough nutrients. Fertilizing during the growing season is carried out three times. This will be enough to provide plants with the right amount of trace elements.
Feeding is carried out:
- 20-25 days after transplanting.
- At the beginning of mass fruiting.
- Two weeks after the second.
Fertilizers during the growth period are best applied in a liquid state. Organic and mineral fertilizers are suitable for feeding peppers. During the fruiting period, it is better to use organic fertilizers, as this is eco-logical.
To fertilize plants, you can use herbal infusion, manure, bird droppings, mineral fertilizers.
- Herbal infusion. For cooking, take 2-3 kg of various fresh herbs (nettle, dandelion, lawn grass, medicinal herbs), pour 10 liters of water and leave for 5-7 days for fermentation. The finished infusion is mixed with water in a proportion of 1:10 and watered or sprayed with bushes.
- Bird droppings. Chicken or pigeon is well suited, 250 grams of litter is enough for 10 liters of water. The solution is insisted 3-5 days, sometimes stirred. Add 0.5 l of prepared bait to a bucket of water. Watered around the bush at a distance of 20-30 cm from the trunk, avoiding contact with the leaves.
- Mineral fertilizers. Superphosphate is used together with urea. Take 10 g of each fertilizer and dissolve in 10 l of water. Bushes are watered in the afternoon. For one bush, ½ liter of solution is enough.
It is important to remember that all dressings must be applied on previously moistened soil, and when cooking, keep the dosage.
This variety requires garter. According to the description, jeepsi bushes f1 have fragile stems that can be damaged under the weight of the fruit and from the wind. To tie plants near each bush at the time of transplanting, establish a support. For this grade it will be enough to drive in stakes 60-70 cm high. Tie the main stem with fabric strips in several places at different heights. It is not necessary to strongly pull the stem to the support; the garter should hold the plant, but not limit free growth.
Diseases and Pests
Gypsy is highly resistant to tobacco mosaic.
It requires preventive treatment from late blight, sclerotinia, gray and vertebral rot, bacterial spotting. Prevention improves plant immunity and also increases resistance. For such treatment, iodine, peroxide, biofungicides can be used.
Iodine or peroxides are used to spray bushes, 1 tbsp. l the drug is dissolved in 10 l of water. Processing is carried out every 14-21 days. With biofungicides, Trichodermin or Haupsin can be used. Apply in accordance with the instructions, observing the dosage and method of use.
Pepper, like other nightshade nights, can be affected by pests such as:
- spider mite;
To prevent pest damage, use herbal infusions, which have the ability to scare them away. For this purpose, wormwood, onions, potato tops are suitable.
- To prepare the infusion, take 200 g of onion husks or wormwood and pour 10 liters of hot water, insist 3-4 days. The resulting infusion is sprayed with bushes and watered the bed.
- Just prepare an infusion of potato tops, you need to take 2 kg of green leaves and stems and pour 10 liters of warm water, leave for 2-4 hours. Spray plants thoroughly.
- To infusions, you can add liquid soap (30 g per 10 l), which will contribute to uniform coverage and adhesion of the product to the leaves.
If such folk remedies did not give the expected result, you can use special insecticides (Actellik, Aktara), following the instructions in the instructions.
Gypsy is well established among the varieties of easy-care with regular and high yields. This bell pepper is suitable for providing the market for ultra-early products. Despite its small size, it has an attractive presentation. Ideal for industrial and domestic processing.