Hot salted cucumbers - fast, easy and tasty
One of the quick and easy options for pickling in the summer is to cook salted cucumbers in a hot way. Thanks to him, the cucumbers turn out to be crispy and very fragrant, they are ready the very next day.
You can add vegetables in any container convenient for you - a jar (1 or 3 l) or a pan, with the addition of your favorite spices, herbs, garlic or hot pepper.
The cooking process is not at all complicated and does not take much time (if you do not take into account the time required for fermentation): cucumbers together with spices and herbs are put in a pan or jar, then they are poured with hot brine, and then left to ferment for 10-12 hours. This time, as a rule, is enough for cucumbers to become salted.
Using my recipes, you can enjoy delicious salted cucumbers in less than a day without putting too much effort into it.
The classic recipe for lightly salted cucumbers in a pan
- Cucumbers - 1 kg
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Cherry - 3-4 leaves
- Currants - 4-5 leaves
- Horseradish - 1-2 leaf
- Dill - 2-3 pcs (twigs)
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l (with a slide)
- Water - 1 L
- In order to make salted cucumbers really tasty, it is best to take young fruits, it is advisable that they be recently picked. Vegetables that have been torn for a long time, as well as overripe, will turn out to be soft and tasteless, so it is better not to use them in canning. Cucumbers need to be washed thoroughly, put in a bowl and pour cold water for 1 to 2 hours (preferably during this time, change the water several times or add ice), so they turn out juicy and crispy.
- In washed cucumbers, it is necessary to carefully cut the ponytails on both sides.
- At the bottom of the saucepan, in which cucumbers will be pickled, put a couple of washed leaves of currant and cherry, sprigs of dill, chopped horseradish leaf, sliced cloves of garlic.
- Next - lay the cucumbers in a dense layer.
- Then cover them with the remaining leaves of cherry, currant, horseradish and sprigs of dill.
- Pour the required amount of cold water into a separate pan, add 1 tablespoon with a slide of salt, stir everything well and bring the brine to a boil, boil for 2 to 3 minutes, and then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Hot pickle must be poured over the cucumbers (completely), cover the pan with a lid and set aside until it cools completely.
- When the pan with the cucumbers has cooled, it should be put in the refrigerator for 10-12 hours for fermentation (best of all for the night). After the allotted time for fermentation, salted cucumbers can already be tried.
Salted cucumbers in a jar with horseradish
- Cucumbers - 0.5 kg
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves
- Dill - 2-3 pcs (twigs with umbrellas)
- Blackcurrant - 4-5 leaves
- Horseradish - 1-2 leaf
- Horseradish - 1 pc (root, if desired)
- Water - 0.5 L
- Salt - 15-20 g
- Cucumbers according to this recipe are salted in a liter jar. They can be safely salted in a two- or three-liter container, if you increase the number of ingredients. Pre-wash the jar thoroughly with soda and rinse well with water, then boil over steam (otherwise, when pouring cucumbers with hot brine, the jar can simply burst) .Next, put washed dill branches, blackcurrant leaves, peeled garlic cloves in a prepared jar, horseradish leaves divided into several parts. If desired, add chopped pieces of horseradish root.
- Young cucumbers (it is advisable to choose a small size so that they fit easily in a jar) must be thoroughly rinsed under cold water. Remember that homemade, ground cucumbers are ideal, but greenhouse, wilted or overripe ones will not work.
- Each fruit should be carefully trimmed with ponytails, the middle should be cut with a knife (so cucumbers pickle faster).
- We carefully compact the prepared cucumbers in a jar. If you cook cucumbers in a three-liter jar, first half fill it with vegetables, then put part of the horseradish leaves and garlic cloves on them, then fill the jar with cucumbers to the top.
- Top with a sheet of horseradish and sprigs of dill.
- Next, pour cold water into the pan, add salt, stir and boil.
- Boiling brine should carefully pour the cucumbers in the jar.
- The jar itself needs to be covered with a clean capron lid (it is better to use a soft rather than a tight lid) and leave the cucumbers to roam at room temperature all night. Approximately 12 to 14 hours.
- In the morning, you can already boldly try salted cucumbers. It is necessary to store such salting in the refrigerator, the period is no more than 7 days.
Delicious salted cucumbers with herbs and garlic
- Water - 1.3 L
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Cucumbers - 1.5 kg
- Horseradish - 1 leaf
- Currants - 4-5 leaves
- Cherry - 4-5 leaves
- Dill - 3-4 pcs (twigs with umbrellas)
- Parsley - 3-4 pcs (twigs)
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves
- Pepper - 0.5-1 pcs (bitter, if desired)
- Black pepper - 3-4 pcs (peas)
- Allspice - 3-4 pcs (peas)
- Small cucumbers (too large, as well as overripe fruits for pickling are not suitable) should be poured with cold water (this is necessary so that the cucumbers in the process turn out to be crispy) for 3 to 4 hours.
- After this, the cucumbers must be thoroughly washed and the ends cut off on both sides, the middle cut with a knife.
- Leaves of currant, horseradish, cherry, parsley, dill, peeled garlic cloves should be rinsed, then part of the greens (chopped dill with umbrellas, horseradish leaves, currants, cherries, parsley sprigs), peas of black and allspice, chopped garlic - lay to the bottom of an enamel pan. If you want salted cucumbers to be spicy, you can also add chopped hot peppers.
- Prepared cucumbers should be layered in a pan, each layer, pouring part of the greens (it is better to initially divide the greens into several parts).
- Top cucumbers need to cover the remaining leaves of horseradish, currant, cherry and sprigs of dill and parsley.
- Then separately prepare the brine for lightly salted cucumbers: boil water in a pan, then add salt and sugar to boiling water, mix everything thoroughly until the bulk ingredients are completely dissolved, boil, and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour cucumbers to the top with hot brine, cover the pan with a lid, leave it in this position at room temperature for 12 hours (this time is enough for the cucumbers to roam). After the cucumbers need to be stored in a refrigerator. Keep in a cool place for no more than two weeks (with long-term storage, salted cucumbers will already become salty).
- After the allotted time, fragrant crispy salted cucumbers can already be tasted. Bon Appetit!