The healing properties of Reishi mushroom
One of the most mysterious creatures of nature is the Reishi mushroom. It has many names and varieties, and legends form about its healing properties. This mushroom was valued during the reign of the emperors of China and other eastern countries. The attitude towards him has not changed today.
The healing properties of Reishi mushroom
Ganoderma and its features
Reishi mushroom hails from Asian countries (China, Thailand, Japan and Korea). It sprouts today in the same place. Tinder grows (Ganoderma, Reishi or Lingzhi) in the east of Russia. In other countries, cultivation on mushroom farms or at home is used.
Special attention is paid to the description of the appearance of the mycelium. It looks like other woody species, but has a shiny surface. The hat is wavy, with growth rings. There are different colors depending on the type. There are both black and red, orange and even brown colors.
The size of the hat reaches 25 cm in diameter. The fungus is up to 5 cm high. The pulp is tender, the young mycelium is white, but becomes brown with age. The culture gained the greatest popularity in oriental medicine. In China and Japan, Ganoderma received the status of a remedy for all diseases.
Useful properties of varnished tinder fungus
Legends and myths about the miracle work of Tinder, which have come to the present, as well as many years of experience in using the product in the treatment of hundreds of diseases, have remained without scientific confirmation. Scientists showed interest in Chinese mycelium, but could only determine the composition of the product.
This rare mycelium contains a large number of triterpenes, which are powerful stimulants of the immune system. The concentration of these substances is so high that some pharmacy synthetic substances can not even compete with such a gift of nature. Other useful properties are also surprising:
- Activation of metabolic processes and stimulation of immunity. This property was obtained by the product due to the organic germanium content.
- Antiallergic, antioxidant, hepatoprotective effect. This is a hormonal drug of plant origin. The effect is achieved by a high content of hypodermic acids.
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor effect. A natural antibacterial agent that can modulate the immune system and suppress the development of tumors in oncology. According to scientists, this action is due to the high level of polysaccharides.
The product also contains adenosine, which favorably affects the functioning of the circulatory system and helps to improve metabolism.
Indications for use
Today it’s easier to find a tinder fungus in a store or pharmacy than to get it outdoors, as there are few zones of germination (including in Russia). It is also important that there are a large number of forms of release of such products. There is tea with Reishi mushroom, ground mushroom in the form of special coffee, as well as other options (powders, tinctures, etc.).
Apply purchased medicine for a variety of diseases. It is useful for both women and men. Reception contributes to:
- Combat overweight. Improving digestion, detoxification properties, as well as accelerating metabolism contribute to fast and effective weight loss. Without forgetting the basic rules of losing weight (healthy eating, physical activity, drinking regime, etc.), it will turn out to lose extra pounds when using Ganoderma in any form (tinctures, coffee, tea, powder, etc.).
- Skin health. The composition of the product differs in antioxidant action. There are a large number of premium cosmetics (masks, creams, etc.) that slow down skin aging.
- Stimulation of immunity. Antibacterial and antiviral properties, as well as the monomers present in the polysaccharides, contribute to immunomodulation and immunostimulation of the body. Apply mycelium effectively and in the fight against respiratory diseases.
- The fight against oncology. It helps to slow the growth of tumors and prevents the spread of metostasis in cancer. The greatest effect is achieved with breast cancer (in women) and prostate cancer (in men). In countries such as Japan, China and Vietnam, varnished tinder is an officially recognized tool for the prevention and treatment of cancer at different stages.
- Detoxification. Due to the adenosine and germanium contained in the product, toxic substances and fats from the blood are quickly and efficiently removed during poisoning, and all organs and systems are saturated with oxygen.
- Normalization of the gastrointestinal tract. Mycelium normalizes stool, treats peptic ulcers and is a powerful preventive measure.
- Sustainable work of the cardiovascular system. Triterpenes, triterpinoids, as well as adenosine, contained in the mycelium, contribute to the normalization of blood pressure, increase the oxygenation of the heart muscle, and also normalize blood sugar levels.
- The treatment of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system. The greatest benefit is achieved in the treatment of pneumonia.
The varnished tinder also helps in the fight against allergic manifestations. Mycelium is used both in dried form and in the form of extracts, tinctures, powders, tablets and capsules. The components contained in the composition of the fetus have a sedative, antihypertensive and anti-inflammatory effect. Such a tool will support a person afloat no worse than specialized synthetic medicines during periods of seasonal allergies or in special cases of contact with allergens.
Before using the mushroom, consult your doctor
Observation of patients who took Reishi mushroom showed that this product has almost no contraindications. It is often prescribed for children, as well as for pregnant women. Contraindications can be said in relation to people taking antidepressants, as well as drugs that affect blood coagulation.
Even if there are no contraindications to the use of the medicine, it is important to use it only after prior consultation with the doctor. The recommendations of a specialist will help to avoid the manifestation of side effects from the use of Ganoderma.
Feasible side effects
The effect on the body of the components contained in the fruit bodies of the fungi is mild. The manifestation of side effects often occurs only in case of an overdose of a product or drug. Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and allergic manifestations are possible. Also, taking this medication causes:
- headaches and muscle pains;
- nose bleed.
With the correct use of Reishi mushroom, agreed with the doctor, the risk of side effects and harm to the body is minimal. Dried fruits and modern dietary supplements with an extract of varnished tinder fungus are non-toxic and harmless.
Mushroom extract in pharmacy medicines
The varnished polypore is used not only in dried form. Pharmacy products that contain Reishi mushroom extract are also popular.
Drugs that are not difficult to buy at the pharmacy have the same therapeutic effect as the real product. The most popular drugs and dietary supplements are:
- Reishi Mushroom (producer of Planetary herbals). Available in tablet form.
- Reishi ("Natures Herbs") in capsules. The most popular food supplement since 1968.
- Ganoderma Lusidum ("Fungiology"). Dosage form is a powder.
The course of treatment for a particular disease, as well as the features of taking the drug, is determined only by the doctor. Self-medication with a tree mushroom extract is prohibited.
Traditional medicine recipes
Reishi mushroom gained the greatest popularity in folk medicine. There are a large number of recipes for drinks, ointments, teas with mycelium and herbs, and some recipes are more than 2000 years old.
Tea with mushroom
The truth and falsehood of miraculous tea, which can help in the treatment of oncology and other dangerous diseases, is known to many people of the world. This hot drink has a tonic effect, is beneficial for the immune system and has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is used for the treatment and prevention and colds.
Tea making instructions are simple:
2 tsp dried mycelium pour 1 liter of warm water, a temperature of 50-55 ° C.
After 30 minutes, the tea is poured into a metal container, which is put on fire and boiled for 30 minutes.
The resulting tea should be brewed with honey or lemon. The taste of the drink is bitter and it is better to dilute it with pleasant sweet or sour notes. They drink it 3-4 times a day.
The therapeutic effect of the use of alcohol tinctures is better than when using tea or a decoction. It is used both for problems with digestion, cardiovascular system, respiratory diseases, and cancer.
Tincture used to treat cancer
To prepare alcohol tincture, you will need to prepare 2 tbsp. dried product and 1 bottle of vodka. The ingredients are mixed and left in a warm, dark place for 4-6 weeks. At the end of the term, the medicine is filtered through cheesecloth. Apply it on the recommendation of a doctor. The dosage for each disease is different. The most often used remedy is 1 tsp. or 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
It is most effective for the treatment and prevention of colds, as well as digestive problems. Only powder and water are required.
The recipe for a decoction is simple:
Pour 1 liter of water into a pot or kettle.
Pour 1 tablespoon into a container of water Lingzhi powder.
Boil over low heat for 60 minutes, stirring the medicine.
The cooked broth is cooled and poured into a glass jar. Store the medicine in the refrigerator. It is important to drink it for 1 tbsp. 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 21 days.
Elixir of Eternal Youth
The recipe for immortality is popular or, as it is called in the east, “the elixir of eternal youth”. In ancient times, for its unusual properties, Reishi was called a miraculous mushroom, and the drink that was made from it wore the prefix "imperial".
The recipe for preparing an elixir is complex, consists of two parts. The information in the first part of the instruction displays the process of preparing alcohol tinctures, and in the second, water decoction. By combining these 2 drinks, a person receives a universal remedy in their properties for all diseases. With such an easy to find eternal youth.
Alcohol tincture is prepared simply. It is necessary to take 70 g of dried ground product and 700 ml of vodka. The mycelium is poured with an alcoholic drink and left to infuse for 6 weeks in a dark place.
At the end of the period, the alcoholic beverage is filtered, and the remaining cake is used to prepare the second part of the drink - a decoction. The infused mushroom particles are poured with water (1: 5) and boiled for 1.5-2 hours. By the end of the allotted time, 250-300 ml of black liquid should remain in the pan. After the broth and tincture are combined and consumed as intended.
Lingzhi Home Growing
Anyone who has already drunk teas, alcohol or water infusions of a varnished tinder fungus, or took preparations with its extract and appreciated its healing abilities, can grow Thai fruiting bodies at home. Reishi mushroom cultivation at home is carried out in two ways - on the stumps of deciduous trees and sawdust.
The first method is the most difficult. You will have to prepare a suitable stump in the garden and drill small holes in it with a diameter of 1-1.5 cm. It is also important to fertilize the trunk circle with manure and straw. Holes are needed for breeding mycelium, which will have to be purchased in specialized stores. The mycelium is immersed in prepared wood holes with wood chips. The stump itself is sprinkled with earth, and its open areas (holes) are covered with paraffin.
The second way is to grow on sawdust. It is faster, but has some features. We need a substrate that will saturate the spores of the fungus with nutrients for active growth and reproduction. The Vietnamese mushroom is planted in a nutrient mixture consisting of:
- 80% sawdust;
- 20% of nutrients (oat and barley husk, chalk and gypsum);
- a small amount of water (to moisten the substrate).
Moistened soil is dried for 5 hours in an oven at a temperature of 90 ° C, achieving the effect of its sterilization. The sowing of mycelium is carried out in a substrate cooled down to 30 ° С. If you provide proper care for the planted crop, the seedlings will appear after 30-40 days.
Reishi mushrooms, like other tinder mushrooms, love moisture and heat (air temperature 24-26 ° C). It is also important to provide good ventilation. Mushrooms are harvested 3-4 months after sowing.
Preparation and storage of varnished polypore also has its own characteristics. If a person lives far from the main places of germination of this medicinal mycelium (Altai, Thailand, China, etc.) and grows it independently at home, it is important to take into account some rules of harvesting and processing.
Purchased options are often presented already in dried form. And if the tinder fungus was obtained at home, it will have to be dried on its own. Do it like this:
- The collected fruit bodies are wiped with a damp paper towel (they cannot be washed in water).
- Ganoderma is cut into large pieces, parchment is placed on a baking sheet and dried in the oven at a temperature of 45 ° C for 2-3 hours.
- At the end of the first drying, the parchment is changed and the mushrooms are put on the second drying at a temperature of 75 ° C, also for 2-3 hours.
After drying, the mushrooms cool to room temperature and packaged in glass jars with sealed lids. Store Chinese healing mushroom in a cool and dark place for up to 2 years.
The spread of Reishi mushroom does not allow people to evaluate all the useful properties of this wood tinder fungus. It grows only in Altai forests, in China, Thailand and other Asian countries. But, if you were lucky enough to meet him (even on the shelves of pharmacies), you should still try it, even for preventive purposes. The beneficial substances contained in the ganoderma have powerful healing properties. With the help of such mushrooms, it is possible to treat colds, digestive and cardiovascular problems, and even oncology. This mushroom is also suitable for those people who are trying to lose weight.