Birch mushrooms are delicious mushrooms, dishes of which are famous for their unique aroma. Unfortunately, they are not stored fresh for a long time. To preserve the useful qualities of the product, you need to learn how to freeze it correctly. Frozen brown boletus is one of the best preparations for winter time.
In order for the freezing to be correct, all preparation rules must be observed:
- Collected specimens are carefully sorted, worms and rotten ones, as well as all forest litter, are removed from them.
- Small-sized brown boletus will be able to be put in the entire freezer.
- The product is washed 3-4 times with warm water so that water does not get on the bottom surface of the cap.
- It is better to dry mushrooms on a cotton napkin or ordinary paper towels. Do not use newspapers, as fruiting bodies can absorb ink.
At this preparatory stage ends.
Mushroom pickers are familiar with 3 main types of products for freezing:
Each of these options has its advantages. Freezing raw boletus retains dietary fiber. Fried use as a side dish. Boiled mushrooms are used as a standalone product or added to salads.
This option is one of the most economical. To freeze raw boletus, you must do the following:
- Lay the prepared product on a small surface (wooden board) covered with plastic wrap so that the mushrooms can then be easily separated.
- Select damaged mushrooms from the total number. They can be frozen in another way.
- Place the board with the workpiece in the freezer and leave the product to freeze. (The amount of time for freezing can be calculated based on the temperature of the refrigerator and the mass of mushrooms).
- After this, the finished product is collected in a plastic container or bag.
- Freezing is stored at a temperature of –17 ° C.
To make a dish of fresh mushrooms, they need to be thawed. This is done in the refrigerator on the lowest shelf. So the product gradually thaws, respectively, the integrity of the mushrooms will not be violated. Mushrooms are usually thawed in this way throughout the night.
Irina Selyutina (Biologist):
There are several ways to defrost mushrooms in addition to defrosting in the refrigerator compartment:
- At room temperature: it’s best to put them in a colander so that the water drains immediately and the mushrooms are not watery. This is approximately 2-3 hours.
- In the microwave: not the most useful way, but in extreme cases, and it will do. After loading the product in the camera put the mode "Defrost".
- And the best option for the hostess is if you are convinced that your mushrooms are absolutely clean, then just throw them into the pan without defrosting. Please note! Thawed mushrooms must be immediately recycled, as they represent a “cozy nest” for the propagation of microorganisms and the development of mold spores.
If you bought frozen fresh forest mushrooms at the supermarket, then you need to:
- Pour cold water into a deep bowl and rinse thoroughly the purchased product;
- Change water and repeat the procedure.
It will be enough to repeat it a total of 2-3 times to completely rid the mushrooms of sand or needles.
Fried mushrooms can be stored for no more than three months
If there is no desire to further process the product after defrosting, then the correct decision would be to put it in storage ready-made. It is easy to freeze fried boletus mushrooms if you follow this instruction:
- take washed fruit bodies and cut into small pieces (the size of the slices depends on how much time is spent on frying);
- prepare a frying pan, wipe it and heat up sunflower oil;
- put chopped product, as after heat treatment, it decreases, many pieces are placed in the container;
- take a wooden spatula and stir the dish periodically;
- not salting, salt has the ability to retain fluid inside the tissue;
- bring the process to readiness, let cool;
- prepare plastic containers and pour mushrooms into them;
- freeze in the refrigerator.
Fried mushrooms store no more than 2.5-3 months. Further, it becomes unsuitable for consumption. Try to freeze portionwise, because repeated freezing of the product is completely excluded.
Boiled boletus mushrooms should be frozen for the winter a little longer than other types of mushrooms. But in the end result, a ready-to-cook semi-finished product is obtained, which in the winter will be thawed and added to the main dish. To freeze such mushrooms, you need the following:
- Peel and chop the product.
- Put everything in a pan and pour cold water.
- Boil until cooked over medium heat (it will take about 25-35 minutes).
- Using a colander, drain the mushroom broth and drain the remaining liquid;
- Cool the product and pack in portions in previously prepared dishes.
- Transfer to the freezer.
The shelf life of mushrooms after processing, if they are well frozen, does not exceed 3 months.
Birch mushrooms are mushrooms with a unique composition. They are rich in easily digestible proteins. Regular use of the product regulates blood glucose, improves the functioning of the NS. They serve as a source of phosphoric acid, without which normal functioning of the musculoskeletal system is impossible. This is a low-calorie product, so dishes from it are suitable for those who carefully monitor their figure and weight.