Features of sowing carrots
Sowing carrots refers to herbaceous plants and is a subspecies of the wild.
Features of sowing carrots
Sowing carrots is a herbaceous biennial plant that grows up to 1 m in height and has a life cycle of 12 to 24 months. It belongs to the umbrella family. She has leaves dissected in 2-4 places, difficultly pinnate, can be pubescent. In the first year of life, the plants are collected in a socket, in the second year they are opened on extended short petioles.
Inflorescences are formed in the form of a complex umbrella, consisting of 10-15 rough-pubescent rays. Flowers are formed from white, reddish or yellowish petals in the form of a cup having small cloves. The center of an umbrella inflorescence is a dark red flower. The fruits of the inflorescences of seed carrots of small sizes, elliptical in shape, are presented in the form of double seedlings 3-5 mm long. Ripening period is August-September.
In everyday life, the term carrot means a root crop of a sowing variety.
The root root system is well formed, has a rapid development, is able to take root at a depth of 1.5-2 m. The main fusiform root-root is fleshy, usually located in the soil at a depth of 0.6 m. The mass of root crops varies between 30-200 g. in rare cases a little more. The average length is 3-30 cm. It has two layers:
- external - in the form of a bark, covered with a thin peel, has a delicious flesh, is painted more intensely;
- internal - like a wood rod, has a more rigid structure and less bright color.
Places of growth and productivity
Presumably, the seed variety was grown in Afghanistan by selection from the wild. Currently, vegetables are common in almost all countries. The exception is regions with hot subtropical and tropical climatic conditions. Carrots have many varieties and are among the economically important vegetables in the world.
Among the main suppliers in terms of world production are noted:
- China - 45.5%
- Russia - 4.9%,
- America - 3.76%
- Uzbekistan - 3.4%
- Poland - 2.5%,
- Ukraine - 2.4%.
Productivity of the order of 20-80 tons per 1 ha, which is comparable with the performance of potato yields.
Chemical composition and pharmacological properties
Carrots are very healthy
The elements that make up the vegetable crop provide the plant with health benefits.
The structure of root crops of sowing carrots includes:
- carotenoids, including carotenes of the groups α-, β-, γ-, phytofluen and phytoen,
- Vitamin B group, including B1, B2, B6,
- carbohydrates - glucose, fructose, sucrose,
- essential oil,
- mineral salts
The composition of carrot seeds contains essential and fatty oil with limonene, cimol, pinene, dipentene and geraniol, as well as flavonoids.
100 g of product contains:
- 1 mg PP
- 12 mg beta carotene
- 2000 mcg of vitamin A,
- 0.06 mg thiamine,
- 0.07 mg riboflavin,
- 0.3 mg pantothenic acid,
- 0.1 mg pyridoxine
- 9 mcg folic acid,
- 5 mg ascorbic acid,
- 0.04 mg vitamin E
- 1.1 mg niacin equivalent of PP
- 0.06 μg biotin,
- 13.3 mcg phylloquinone.
- 200 mg potassium
- 63 mg chlorine
- 55 mg of phosphorus
- 38 mg magnesium
- 27 mg calcium
- 21 mg sodium
- 6 mg of sulfur.
- 0.7 mg of iron
- 0.4 mg zinc
- 0.2 mg manganese
- 326 mcg aluminum
- 200 mcg boron,
- 99 mcg vanadium,
- 80 mcg of copper
- 55 mcg fluoride,
- 20 mcg molybdenum,
- 6 mcg lithium
- 6 mcg of nickel
- 5 mcg of iodine,
- 3 mcg of chromium
- 2 mcg cobalt,
- 0.1 μg selenium.
Calorie seed carrots has 35 kcal and includes:
- 88 g of water
- 6.9 g of carbohydrates,
- 6.7 g of mono- and disaccharides,
- 5 g of organic acids
- 2.4 g dietary fiber,
- 1 g of ash
- 1.3 g of protein
- 0.2 g of starch,
- 0.1 g of fat.
Sowing carrots is known for its healthy properties:
Fields of application
Vegetative parts of sowing carrots are widely used in cooking and pharmacology.
Root crops of a cultivated variety of wild carrots are used as spices for the preparation of first and second courses, they are used in raw and boiled form, act as an ingredient in preservation, pickling. They make juice from vegetables and get carotene.
The healing properties of seed carrots are widely used in the treatment of diseases and disorders in general health:
- By the amount of carotene contained in carrot root vegetables, the vegetable is second only to sweet bell pepper, so it is often included in the diet of people with vitamin deficiency and hypovitaminosis. Regular consumption of vegetables stimulates redox processes in cells and normalizes carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vegetables in shredded form and in the form of juices are indicated for the prevention of lowering visual acuity and with a decrease in secretions of tear fluid.
- Vitamin A contained in the root crop of the sowing carrot is necessary for the treatment of malignant tumors.
- Decoctions of carrot seeds are recommended as an antispasmodic and vasodilator. They are also drunk with urolithiasis.
- Grated root vegetables are applied to wounds, ulcerative foci and burns to accelerate the healing process.
- Freshly made carrot juice is an anthelmintic.
- In combination with milk, carrots are a good tool for warming the chest with bronchitis.
Sowing carrots is a type of wild vegetable crop that is now grown everywhere and is among the economically important in many countries. Carrot has a rich composition of vitamins, macro- and microelements; it is used in cooking and medical medicine.