Features of Ficus Baroque
Ficus Baroque (barok ficus), or Ficus Baroque, is a unique plant. Today it is believed that this type of ficus belongs to the Benjamin family. Ficus Baroque grows quite slowly, although by nature it is considered a very unpretentious plant. The flower got its name because of its rather extravagant and unusual leaves: they twist in an arc.
Baroque is considered a pearl of ficus because of its features. The leaves are glossy and shine in the light like pearls. Such a tree is perfect for those who have a high-tech apartment or house. Care at home for the flower will not be difficult, the plant is undemanding, the main thing is to follow several basic rules like good lighting and the right time for watering.
Most experts recommend planting Benjamin Baroque ficus not only one seedling in a pot, but, on the contrary, several at once. Then, over time, they combine into one large flower with incredible leaves.
Pluses of the flower:
- Ficus Benjamin Baroque - absolutely unpretentious plant;
- unusual and unique look of the leaf;
- Ficus Baroque has no breeding problems.
Ficus Baroque in the photo looks like an interesting design building. Usually this flower does not have the same type of leaves, each tree will have a feature that manifests itself through the shape of the leaf. It will always be twisted, but in completely different ways. One leaf can grow in such a way that it spins all the rest around itself, as a result we get a double crown, which will give the plant its uniqueness. Leaflets grow small in length, maximum 4 cm, and 2 in width.
Each leaf is dense in structure, smooth and shiny. A petiole is observed on the leaf, which glistens brightly when sunlight enters it. The color of the leaves is light green. When a flower begins to grow rapidly, its branches with leaves can rise rapidly upward. If, however, a single plant is planted, its trunk and shoots will be thin, in this case it will be necessary to put a flower where it will feel safe and its leaves will not break off.
The main thing is to observe the temperature regime when growing a flower so that the temperature does not jump up and down. If this condition is violated, the ficus Baroque can arrange a protest and discard all its leaves, this can happen in a few days. This phenomenon is often found in the Benjamin family, so you must strictly follow the rules for caring for the ficus Baroque. The main rules are temperature and humidity.
Propagation of ficus baroque occurs using cuttings. You can find seeds, but many experts say that fetal survival is almost zero. It is best to use cuttings and plant in one pot not one but several plants. If you are interested in ficus Baroque photos can convey the whole feature and beauty of the flower.
Ficus Baroque is a rather unpretentious flower, it does not require special pots, fertilizers or land. But in order for the plant to be healthy and bloom, you must adhere to standard rules.
- Lighting at home should be optimal. The flower must be placed on the windowsill so that it receives the necessary dose of ultraviolet radiation.
- The temperature in the room where the flower stands in the warm period should be in the range of 23-25 ° C. In winter, Baroque loves the temperature of 12-15 ° C.
- It is necessary to water the flower a lot and regularly, especially in the warm and hot period. In winter, it is necessary to water every 2 days with moderately warm water so that the root system of the flower is always “warmed up”. But in no case can boiling water: this will kill the whole flower. At the same time, it is extremely important to monitor the flower’s soil: between the waterings it should dry out a little. This can be checked with a plug. It is necessary to insert it into the ground by about 2-3 cm, if the earth is dry at such a depth, then you can water it, if it is still wet, water it too early, it is better to wait a couple more days.
- Humidity should be within normal limits. The flower can easily tolerate dry air, but can not tolerate wet. Its roots immediately begin to absorb moisture and the plant dies, due to the fact that the root system begins to rot and disappears.
- Transplanting plants, especially young ones, is desirable every year. According to experts, it is better to choose a warm time for a transplant, the best is spring. After 3 years, the flower must be transplanted a couple of times a year. For example, in spring and autumn. If there is no possibility to transplant, you can remove the top layer of the earth and replace it with a new one.
- Make-up for ficus with curly leaves should be regular. Organic additives are best used. In addition, it is possible and desirable to add mineral substrates. You can add such additives 2 times a month.
- Reproduction of this species is simple. Varieties of Benjamin are well propagated by cuttings. In addition, it is possible to meet reproduction by seeds, but this is a rather complicated way, since half of the fruits die.
Ficuses are very sensitive flowers, so they do not like a sharp change in temperature, you need to monitor their location so that they do not stand in drafts or close to the battery. If the apartment has too dry air, this can contribute to the appearance of a spider mite. Due to the unusual shape of the leaf, you simply can’t see it, so to avoid this, you need to constantly and regularly wash the leaves of the flower.
Ficus Baroco is a unique and interesting flower that does not require special care. The main thing is to follow the basic rules regarding temperature and humidity, and then a beautiful pearl will grow on the windowsill.