Entomol poisonous mushroom
The entomol fungus belongs to the inedible representatives of the agaric order from the entolom family. In the literature, there is also a different name for the fungus - the pink plate.
Entomol poisonous mushroom
According to the description, this fungus belongs to saprotophs - destroys the dead remains of living organisms. The fruit body is hat-legged. A characteristic feature of the family is the absence of a bedspread and plates adhering to the mushroom leg or descending on it.
The pink plate is the largest variety in the family, which has about a thousand species.
Among other Russian folk names - tin entoloma, yellow-gray pink plate. The generic name in Latin is due to the twisted edges of the mushroom cap.
The mushroom cap grows up to 5-17 cm in diameter, sometimes up to 25 cm. The surface of young specimens is painted in a dirty milk color, closer to white, sometimes ocher with a gray tint. In adult pink platelets, the mushroom cap is gray with brown, sometimes ashen, the surface is smooth. The central part is formed by small folds. In wet weather, the hat becomes sticky and gains shine as it dries.
The form depends on the age of the fungus:
- young specimens have a hat in the form of a hemisphere or bell-conical, its edges are tucked towards the mushroom leg,
- over time, the shape of the cap changes to flat with a convex blunt center or open, the edges of which are flat or wavy,
- in overgrown mushrooms, the cap shape takes the form of a hollow irregular circle.
The mushroom flesh is dense and thick-fleshed in structure, the color is closer to white, the color does not change with mechanical damage. The smell is similar to powdery, in overgrown mushrooms it becomes rancid.
The mushroom plates of the pink plate are quite wide, 0.8-1.5 cm, sparsely planted, have a crescent shape. The color is initially yellowish, after a lapse of time acquires a pink or reddish hue. The edges are darker than the central part.
The mushroom leg is located in the center, it is curved and thickened closer to the base, in the form of a cylinder. Length - 4-15 cm, thickness - 1-3.5 cm. The structure is dense. In young specimens, the cavity is continuous, in adult fungi - spongy. The color of the mushroom leg is initially white, later it becomes yellowish or acquires a gray tint. When exposed to mechanical changes to brown. The surface is silky, with powdery in the upper part, and without coating in the lower part.
Geography of growth
The rose plaque is a relatively rare species. Poisonous entoloma grows mainly on heavy clay or highly concentrated limestone soil. Settles singly or in small groups, choosing lighted areas of deciduous and mixed forests, park areas and oak forests.
Pink plateau is rare
It is able to form a symbiotic association of mycelium with the roots of oak, beech and hornbeam, in rare cases - birch or willow.
Active fruiting in the pink plate begins in late May and ends in early October.
Pewter entoloma prefers regions with warm climatic conditions. It is found in Russia in the southern European regions, in the territory of the North Caucasus and in the southern Siberian regions, less often in the Murmansk region and Karelia.
The poisonous entoloma has a number of edible varieties similar in description to the appearance:
- Hangman. It differs from the pink plate only in the plates descending towards the mushroom leg, the color of the mushrooms is often the same.
- Entoloma garden. Unlike poisonous, it has a hydrophanic hat, which swells under the influence of a liquid, the garden species grows in other places, is not found in forests, but in gardens and meadow edges.
- Entoloma spring (May). Compared to the poisonous pink plate, her often planted narrow hymenophore plates, more often adhered to the stem.
- Smoky (blue) talker. The mushroom is distinguished by the white and cream color of the often planted narrow plates, which slightly descend towards the mushroom leg and are easily separable from the cap; it also has a specific smell of rotten flowers.
- Pigeon row. Unlike the poisonous double, its silky hat is covered with colored specks, and the mushroom flesh becomes pink when cut.
- Pecherchka, or ordinary champignon. Its hymenophore plates are darker, a ring is present on the mushroom leg.
Among the poisonous varieties similar to the pink plate, a prolapsed entoloma is noted, the mushroom leg of which is darker.
Signs of Poisoning
By nutritional qualities, entoloma belongs to the category of inedible, leading to irritation of the gastrointestinal mucosa and causing a rubber syndrome, accompanied by attacks of vomiting, diarrhea and pain in the abdomen.
Signs of poisoning occur after 0.5-2 hours after intoxication, begin with the appearance of headache and dizziness.
The use of entoloma in large quantities leads to death.
The poisonous entomol mushroom poses a danger to human health, causing departure. When consumed in large quantities, it leads to death. The risk of poisoning is due to the presence of a similar edible species in the pink plateau: garden, may, etc.