Eggplant Bourgeois is a vegetable that is useful in composition and properties. Proper cultivation, planting and care of it ensures a good harvest.
The eggplant variety Bourgeois is an early ripe hybrid whose fruits ripen 100 days after the seed is planted. It bears fruit before the onset of frost. Bourgeois grows under the open sky and in greenhouses. The variety has developed resistance to bad weather conditions and diseases.
According to the description, Bourgeois has a large, tall and sprawling bush with round fruits, the height of the bush reaches 170 cm. On 1 square. m 3 plants are placed.
Description of the fetus
The fruits of the plant are large, weigh 400-600 g, in diameter reach 10 cm, have a flattened shape. At the ripening stage, the vegetables are purple-pink.
The plant requires tying to a support, because the bush has heavy fruits and grows tall. In ripe vegetables, the skin is almost black, with a tint of purple. The pulp is white, not bitter. Bourgeois variety vegetables are used for preservation, the shape of the fruit is convenient for stuffing.
Variety Bourgeois f1 is grown in seedlings.
Seeds are sown for seedlings from late January to early March, depending on climatic conditions.
Seedlings should be 2 months when the frost ends. Seed germination is slow, from 8 to 13 days - before sowing, they should be treated with a growth stimulator according to the instructions. For seed germination using a damp rag. After they are placed in separate pots.
Eggplant Bourgeois f1 does not tolerate picking and transplanting, may stop growing, so it is grown in a pot and transferred to a permanent place. The favorable temperature for growing seedlings is 25 ° C during the day and 18 ° C at night. When watering, you need to know the measure, otherwise the roots suffer from excess moisture, the trunk, plants may die.
Plants are transplanted to areas with good lighting, closed from the north wind, with nutrient soil. For the looseness of the earth under the eggplant, humus, peat and sawdust are added. Eggplant is forbidden to plant 2 years in a row at the same place, do not plant them in places after growing potatoes, tomatoes.
Planting vegetables involves:
- preparation of a hole to the depth of a bayonet of a shovel;
- filling the pit with water;
- lowering the plant into the resulting slurry, deepening not lower than the cotyledon leaves;
- sprinkling with earth.
Plants need proper care
Plants require proper care for them. They need regular watering, weeding, loosening the soil, forming a bush, top dressing and treatment from diseases and pests. Bourgeois cultivars love the sun. If the leaves obscure the flowers, they are removed. Bushes Bourgeois F1 grow tall and with heavy fruits, they are tied to pegs.
The variety Bourgeois is fed 3 times during the summer:
- 2-3 weeks after planting;
- at the beginning of the formation of fruits on the side shoots;
- at the beginning of the main fees.
Plants are fed with solutions of ammofoski, urea, superphosphate at the rate of 10-40 g per 1 liter. From organic substances use infusions of chicken manure, mullein. Suitable for feeding and green fertilizer. To prepare it, weeds are taken and placed in a barrel, then they are poured with water and left for 7 days for fermentation. The resulting mixture is diluted in a ratio of 1: 5 and watered with 0.5-1 l under the plant.
Watering seedlings Bourgeois F1 is carried out first every other day, then reduced to 2 times a week. When dry, flowers and ovaries begin to crumble, the fruits become ugly. The soil under Bourgeois is covered with humus or straw, while the roots will be warm, the growth of weeds will slow down.
Diseases and Pests
Eggplant Bourgeois F1 is susceptible to the following diseases and pests:
- Fitovtoroz. Brown spots appear on the leaves, spread to the fruits and stems.
- Blackleg. The root section of the stem darkens, becomes thin and breaks.
- Anthracnose. Brown oval spots appear on the leaves, dents appear on the fruits, which then turn into cracks.
- Colorado potato beetle harms plant leaves.
- The spider mite infects the leaves, they dry out, turn yellow, their growth worsens, and productivity decreases.
It is necessary to treat diseases, otherwise the plant dies.
- If phytovorosis occurs, Bordeaux fluid, a 0.2% solution of liquid vitriol, Consento, Antracol, Quadris are used for treatment.
- The black leg is treated with a 2% solution of potassium permanganate, Gliokladin, Fitosparin, Alirin, Gamair, Previkur.
- Anthracnose is treated with a 0.3-0.4% solution of HOMA, if a disease is detected, all plant residues are removed.
The Colorado potato beetle is frightened off by planting on the horseradish, calendula, coriander, to remove them are used insecticides Calypso, Prestige, manually collect pests.
Nitrofen, colloidal sulfur, acaricidal preparations Omayt, Fufafon, Karbafos, Talstar, Actelik helps to remove a spider mite.
Eggplant Bourgeois is a vegetable with excellent taste. With proper care and cultivation, the variety will surprise you with a good harvest.