Eating mushrooms during pregnancy
Mushrooms are rich in carbohydrates, proteins, they include vitamins of group B, also vitamins A, D, E, a large number of macro- and microelements. The product is healthy, but it is considered heavy for the stomach. Mushrooms during pregnancy are indicated for use, but you need to clearly know which of their representatives are harmless, and strictly follow the cooking rules.
Eating mushrooms during pregnancy
Forest mushrooms are taken with great care during pregnancy. If the gathering place was chosen incorrectly, poisonous representatives got into the basket, the rules for cooking mushrooms were not followed, food would harm both mother and child. There are several types that are prohibited for pregnant women:
- Raw: they are dangerous for the body, have carcinogenic properties due to the possible accumulation in the bodies of compounds hazardous to human health from the environment.
- Pickled: they lose their useful qualities during cooking and in case of violation of production processes can become a source of botulism.
- Purchased in natural markets: you cannot determine where and how they are collected. And if the merchant offers mainly hats, it’s generally worth considering.
- Poisonous species: the formation of toxins is laid in them by nature itself.
- Conditionally edible: in some of them, toxins are neutralized only by prolonged cooking or stewing.
Self-collection involves following some rules:
- You can’t collect fruiting bodies that grow near roads, factories, plants, cattle burial grounds, burials and in areas of high radiation. Mushrooms accumulate in themselves all the harmful substances.
- Do not disrupt unfamiliar species.
- Old edible fruiting bodies accumulate toxins over time, they are also left in the forest.
- Do not take representatives of edible species growing near poisonous mushrooms. Spores of the inedible fungus extend to the edible, so it becomes a source of poisoning. It is also highly probable that the contacting hyphae of the mycelium also “exchange” various compounds, as a result of which toxins enter the body of an edible fungus.
List of allowed mushrooms
During pregnancy, the tastes of women change greatly. If she especially wants mushrooms, do not limit herself to their use. In this case, the advantage is given to artificially grown fruits: champignons, truffles, oyster mushrooms, honey agarics, porcini mushrooms, shiitake. They are sold in supermarkets. The main thing is to choose the right ones.
Pregnant women are allowed to consume such forest fruits:
- porcini mushrooms, in which there are many useful properties;
- chanterelles, they include vitamins C and A, beta-carotene, copper, potassium, manganese;
- boletus and boletus;
Mushrooms are a source of B vitamins. In addition to them, the product contains folic acid, which is mandatory for fetal growth without deviations in early pregnancy, favoring the development of tissues and organs. The composition of the product helps to relieve toxicosis and improve the well-being of the mother.
Irina Selyutina (Biologist):
In the composition of mushrooms are present:
- lecithins that support the work of the heart. If you consider that during pregnancy an increased load is imposed on this organ, then the intake of this substance into the woman’s body is simply necessary;
- beta-glucans: they help strengthen the immune system;
- antioxidants: destroy free radicals, etc. prevent the development of malignant neoplasms;
- dietary fiber and some enzymes: able to lower levels and remove "bad" cholesterol from the body.
Forest mushrooms increase resistance to diseases, accelerate brain function, and help overcome stress or depression. Chanterelles remove accumulated radioactive substances from the body, shiitake have anti-cancer properties, champignons help with headaches during pregnancy.
The product is dietary and does not contain fats. It is close in composition to meat, because saturated with amino acids. Zinc, potassium, copper, manganese, nicotinic acid, magnesium enrich the body. Ascorbic acid is involved in the formation of connective tissues of the baby.
Mushrooms are better to stew
It is better for pregnant women to eat these foods boiled and stewed: this way they retain their beneficial properties, but are better (easier) absorbed by the body. Heat treatment takes about an hour and neutralizes hazardous substances. Before cooking, each instance is inspected, old, dried and rotten discarded.
It is undesirable during pregnancy to eat pickled mushrooms, rolled and dried. This is due to the fact that:
- vinegar causes discomfort and pain in the stomach, excess salts lead to swelling;
- dried mushrooms are poorly digested, difficult for the stomach;
- pickled, although tasty, but lose their beneficial properties.
Cooking mushroom soup
Pregnant soup should contain healthy ingredients. It is better that it is not greasy and over-seasoned with a variety of spices. Most often, women make champignon soup. They are safe and always on sale. It is good if home-made vegetables are added to the dish: they do not contain nitrates.
- water - 1.5 l;
- champignons - 5-6 pcs;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- potatoes (medium) - 3-4 pcs.;
- dill, parsley;
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l
- salt to taste.
- Mushrooms and vegetables are washed, peeled and chopped.
- Onion is first fried in vegetable oil until golden brown, then carrots are added and sautéed.
- Sliced vegetables, mushrooms and frying are immersed in boiling water.
- Boil for an hour.
- Salt and add pre-chopped dill and parsley.
Mushroom soup is ready.
Mushrooms for pregnant women are allowed with careful selection, the absence of individual intolerance and contraindications. Even a diet dish sometimes causes bloating, stomach pain, and indigestion. Do not add fruiting bodies to the menu daily; mushrooms are eaten in moderation. Before introducing mushrooms into their diet, pregnant women should consult their doctor.