Don salad for the winter - truly the best snack
From fresh tomatoes, fragrant onions and sweet bell peppers, you can make a wonderful vegetable salad, which the people called Don.
Be sure to prepare a few jars of this juicy and fragrant dish during the season - in the winter this preparation will become a real find.
- Tomatoes - 1 kg
- Bulgarian sweet pepper - 400 g
- Onions - 300 g
- Parsley - 0.5 pcs (bunch)
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp. l (9%)
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1.5 tsp.
- Black pepper - 12 pcs (peas)
- Allspice - 4 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Washing vegetables.
- Peel the onions, rinse and cut into not very thin quarters of the circles.
- My tomatoes, cut in half, remove the stalk, then divide each half into small slices.
- My bell pepper, cut in half, remove the insides. Then cut each part into strips. You can take multi-colored pepper - then the salad will be more elegant and brighter.
- The washed parsley is finely chopped.
- In a saucepan for chopped vegetables, put sugar, salt, black peppercorns, allspice. The bay leaf should be divided into four parts and also sent to the pan.
- We immediately add vegetable oil and vinegar to the vegetables.
- Gently, so as not to mash the tomato slices, mix everything and leave to infuse for 1 hour at room temperature.
- During this time, the vegetables will give their juice, it will be quite a lot in the pan. Basically, at this moment the salad is ready to eat. But our task is to make a blank for the winter.
- While the salad was infused, you need to prepare cans for it. First, wash the containers well with soda, then rinse under running water and sterilize in any usual way .. Put salad in ready-made jars.
- Now we put a cotton towel in the large pan at the bottom, put out the jars, pour them on the shoulders with warm water. We are waiting for boiling, after which we make the fire quieter, leave it for another 30 minutes (for cans of 0.5 l). After 30 minutes, carefully remove the cans and roll them up with screw or metal caps. Turn the containers over, wrap them up and leave to cool completely. The cooled salad is removed in a cool room.
- Don salad is ready for winter! We got 4 jars of delicious dishes, fragrant and juicy, which perfectly complement any side dish.