Dietary properties of Beijing cabbage
Beijing cabbage is a vegetable with delicate light green leaves, which are collected in a loose oblong head. The heads are well stored and do not require special conditions. The composition and calorie content of Beijing cabbage will be considered in the article.
Dietary properties of Beijing cabbage
The Chinese began to grow cabbage. At home, it is called Petsai or Chinese salad. In taste it resembles celery.
The main benefit of Peking cabbage is concentrated in the light fleshy part of the head. It owes its juiciness to the fact that it is 95% water. Nutritional value of BZHU per 100 g of product is:
- Protein - 1.1 g;
- Fat - 0.3 g;
- Carbohydrates - 1.2 g;
- Fiber - 1.7 mg.
The calorie content of Beijing cabbage is negligible - only 16 kcal. In addition, the composition includes:
- Vitamins A, C, E (tocopherol), K (phylloquinone), PP (nicotinic acid), choline, lycopene, B2 (riboflafin), B1 (thiamine), B6 (pyridoxine), B5 and B9 (pantothenic and folic acid) ;
- Minerals - trace elements (salt of iron, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium), macrocells (potassium, sodium, iodine, fluorine, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus);
- Organic acids (citric);
- Amino acids - lysine, histidine, isoleucine, omega -3 and -6;
- Antioxidants - lutein, sulforaphane, isothiocyanate, indole-3-carbinol, zeaxanthin, carotene;
- Alkaloids and natural sugars.
Vitamin C in Peking's miracle vegetable is 2 times more than in a white relative and 5 times more than in lettuce.
Table KBZhU per 100 g of finished product:
|Title||Calories, kcal||Proteins, g||Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g|
|Fresh Peking Cabbage||16, 0||1, 1||0.3||1, 2|
|Stuffed cabbage with Beijing cabbage||100.6||5, 4||5.9||7.1|
|Peking Vegetable Salad||32.9||3.0||1.7||9.1|
|With sour cream||76, 4||0.8||6.4||1, 2|
|With mayonnaise||81.5||1, 2||6.9||4, 5|
|With butter||34.8||0.3||2, 4||1, 1|
Fill salads with mayonnaise is not recommended, as in 1 tbsp. L. This product contains 100 kcal. Such a dish ceases to be dietary. It is better to replace it with sour cream, which contains only 20 calories.
Cabbage is very healthy.
Delicate cabbage leaves contain a record amount of nutrients for the body.
- Contributes to the fight against nervous disorders and stress. The alkaloid lactucin, which is part of the chemical composition of the vegetable, is responsible for this. It also helps to normalize blood pressure and enhance metabolism.
- Boosts the immune system and physical activity.
- Chinese cabbage is recommended for anemia. It promotes the formation of red blood cells - platelets, reduces the number of cholesterol plaques and displays already accumulated.
- Indispensable for atherosclerosis.
- Protects the liver from toxic body fat.
- It enriches the body with potassium, and, therefore, favorably affects the cardiovascular system, strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Lysine cleanses the blood and removes unnecessary proteins. Vitamin B9 helps restore brain function and develop memory.
- Beta-carotene helps maintain vision. Chinese cabbage is recommended to improve sleep, as well as normalize blood sugar.
For weight loss
Due to the low calorie content of fresh Beijing cabbage, it is widely used by the beautiful half of humanity.
Nutritionists strongly recommend using it to overweight people. It is included in the diet of most diets.
When dieting, it is recommended to eat salads from cabbage and low-fat meats (turkey, beef, chicken) not more than 400 grams per day. In a week, you can lose about 4 kilograms.
A Beijing guest is usually consumed raw, but the use of heat treatment will not harm her dignity in the least. The prepared dishes are not only tasty, but also light. Losing weight you need to know the calorie content of Beijing cabbage in 100 g of dishes prepared in various ways.
Fiber gently envelops the walls of the stomach and helps to improve the functioning of the digestive tract. Rare vitamin U promotes the healing of duodenal ulcers and stomach.
Cabbage restores intestinal microflora and blocks the growth of harmful bacteria. Improves metabolism, regulates stool, removes toxins from the body.
Helps maintain the beauty and youth of the skin. The most important chemical element in a vegetable for a woman’s health is indole, which turns estradiol into a less dangerous form of the hormone estrogen. This reduces the risk of developing oncology of the breast and prostate gland.
Thanks to a rich vitamin and mineral complex, it is recommended for pregnant women. A huge complex of minerals favorably affects the functioning of the kidneys, as it removes excess fluid from the body and eliminates puffiness.
Peking cabbage can be harmful. Due to the high content of citric acid should be used with caution in people with high levels of acidity. This can lead to acid-base imbalance, exacerbation of ulcers, pancreatitis, gastritis, colitis. Salt added to a dish from Beijing cabbage blocks the action of sulfur and chlorine, which help cleanse the intestines and can lead to internal bleeding of the stomach.
You can not combine with dairy products, such as cottage cheese, cheeses, because such food can cause indigestion.
A healthy adult is recommended to eat no more than 150 g per day. Nursing mothers should refrain from eating Chinese vegetables in the first two months after giving birth. Infants can be introduced into the diet in small portions, gradually bringing to 100 g.