Description of the variety of cucumbers Zhuravlenok
Cucumber Crane f1 is a new and unique hybrid that quickly became popular among gardeners, due to its excellent taste and a high percentage of yield. The variety of cucumbers Zhuravlenok is considered a hybrid because its seeds are the result of the cross between two species and the breeders took only the positive sides of these species.
Description of the variety of cucumbers Zhuravlenok
The cucumber variety Crane type f1 is a bee pollinated type of cucumber, which has an average ripening method. This type of hybrid is more adapted to different living conditions on the territory of the Russian Federation and even when the remaining vegetables have a lean year, Zhuravlenok will be able to impress with its yield percentages.
Crane - these are cucumbers that multiply by the type of lateral shoots, they are highly developed in it, but the main shoots that grow on the main pillar are poorly developed, so they do not always ripen. For the first time, more than 8 cucumbers ripen.
According to gardeners, they choose this type of cucumber, since with minimal care and cost, you can collect a rather large number of cucumbers, even with the fact that maybe the year will not be fruitful at all. The main thing is to water the bushes in time and carry out top dressing, then you can accurately count on the cucumber winter.
This type of cucumber perfectly tolerates any transport and at the right storage temperature retains its presentation in more than 3 months.
The crane, on average, forms about 5 shoots in height, which can reach 2 meters, which is why this species needs constant garter and selection. From the time of planting to the time of harvesting, 42-49 days pass.
Cucumbers are pollinated with the help of bees, and all the ties are formed only by the type of clumping. This type of cucumber perfectly resists many diseases, such as: tobacco type mosaic and mildew mildew, in addition, a similar species can grow and survive in absolutely any type of soil.
All fruits are elliptical, no one has a neck and medium sized tubercles on the skin. In diameter, cucumbers can grow from 3 to 4 cm, and 8-13 cm long, with small bright stripes and barely noticeable black dots, and the mass of one fruit does not exceed 114 g.
This type was created so that it can be grown both in film greenhouses and in open soil. The pulp of this species is dense and crispy, excellent taste and no bitterness.
Fruits of this type are perfect for harvesting preserves, any type of salting, and of course, for fresh consumption and for salads. From 1 m2 you can collect at least 9-12 kg.
Advantages and disadvantages
One of the main advantages of this type is the opposition to almost all diseases and insects. For this variety, there is practically no need to carry out any preventive methods and procedures, only before planting it is possible to do prophylaxis. Pros of the Crane:
- the yield is large, in addition, it is stable;
- resistance to frost;
- small fruits;
- excellent taste;
- tufted formation of fruits;
- can easily withstand sudden changes in temperature;
- the best indicators of commercial quality;
- strong and powerful immunity against diseases and viruses.
The variety needs a mandatory garter
Of the negative aspects, experts single out only one, the fact that the shoots grow quite large, and as a result they must be constantly tied up and propped up. This sometimes causes a lot of inconvenience, especially when harvesting.
Planting and growing rules
In order to get an excellent percentage of yield and good fruits, you must follow a few standard rules.
- The first seeds must be planted in open soil only in late May or early June. Just at that moment warm times come, and then there will be no frosts.
- After that, it will be necessary to prepare warm materials - this is film and arcs, since young shoots need shelter from low temperatures at night.
- Before you plant seedlings in the ground, you need to dig it and add fertilizer to it. Then make holes or furrows, and pour them abundantly, only then lower the seeds there (2-3 pcs). You can not plant seeds deeper than 2-4 cm, the standard scheme for planting cucumbers is 50 to 30 cm.
- Constantly water the plants, loosen the soil, remove all weeds and, of course, do not forget about fertilizing. Such types of cucumbers like simple soils, but usually this soil is very scarce on vitamins, so do not skip the feeding process.
- For the entire growth period, you need to feed somewhere 5-7 times, changing their places, first organic feeding, then mineral, then complex feeding. In order to make an organic supplement, you will need a little litter and 10 liters of water. And for mineral water per 10 l of water: urea - 16 g, superphosphate - 55 g, potassium - 16 g and leave this tincture for one day.
- Harvesting can begin no earlier than July.
Do not forget: regularly water the cucumbers, the fruits that are overripe, are not so tasty anymore, as too much water and various substances are drawn into themselves. If you perform these usual procedures, it will significantly increase the percentage of yield, and growing will be a joy to you.
For such cucumbers, it is usually quite common to sometimes ripen earlier, and sometimes it is too long to ripen. The crane can bear fruit until late autumn, most importantly - pick cucumbers on time so that the next ones can ripen. Among other hybrids - this one brings the most fruit for the entire harvesting season.
The variety has excellent resistance to diseases, such as: rot, mosaic, mold and other infectious diseases. Even so, some experts claim that seed can be prevented before planting.
You can choose any drug of complex importance, which one it will be - it does not matter. Of all the seeds, select the largest and only send them for prevention. Dip them in the product for a day (sometimes the amount of time in the solution may vary, read on the label). After the procedures, leave the seeds to dry, and only then plant them in open ground.
Crane is a unique variety that is suitable for everyone, most importantly - water the bushes and do not forget to fertilize. Growing F1 is not difficult, follow all the rules and in the end you will get a great harvest.
The description and characteristics of the variety indicate that this is a great choice for every gardener.