Description of tomato variety Katya
Tomato Katya is a hybrid of F1 variety and belongs to the early ripening type of tomato. Due to the selection origin, the tomatoes Katya F1 have good resistance to many diseases.
Description of tomato variety Katya
The variety is notable for easy planting and unpretentiousness, so both experienced farmers and beginners get a good harvest. The taste qualities of tomatoes are high, so the variety is suitable for sale on the market.
Tomatoes of the Katya variety, according to the description, belong to the ripening types of tomatoes with a bright presentation. Tomato Catherine is a hybrid of F1, which was bred in 2000. This type of tomato has a number of features:
- the plant is determinant;
- the bushes are considered stunted, the height of the plant reaches no more than 60 cm;
- the crop ripens to 80 days;
- leaves are medium sized and slightly corrugated;
- with an open method of landing with 1 square. m receive up to 10 kg of the crop, in greenhouse conditions - up to 15 kg;
- an inflorescence is formed in front of the 6th leaf on the stem, about 9 ovaries appear on each brush;
- the fruit has a rounded shape and weighs about 80 g.
The color of the fetus depends on the hybrid hybrid. The classic look has a rich red hue, and the tomato is pink Katya raspberry.
The red hybrid is better for eating, and the pink one is for conservation and processing. Before choosing tomato seeds Katya F1, you should read the description on the package, because due to different characteristics the fruits may not live up to expectations.
Advantages and disadvantages
Tomatoes Katya F1 have many positive qualities, thanks to which farmers prefer to grow this species. These characteristics include:
- unpretentiousness in leaving;
- good taste and presentation;
- uniform ripening of fruits;
- transportability and long-term preservation of taste during transportation;
- preservation of up to 90% of the crop, due to the strength of the fruit;
- resistance to most diseases, such as vertebral rot, late blight and tobacco mosaic.
Despite the positive qualities that convince to plant tomato Katya F1, the variety has a significant drawback: the fragility of the stem and branches. Tomato needs mandatory support, otherwise wind and rain can reduce the yield of the hybrid.
This type of tomato is vulnerable to a disease such as phomosis. To protect the plant from damage, the leaves of the bush are treated with Bordeaux fluid.
Follow the recommendations
Tomato Katya has good yield both with the seed method of planting and when planting with seedlings. When growing tomatoes, it is better to use the seedling method, since in this case the fruits ripen faster.
In order to grow tomato Katenka seedlings, you should first pay attention to the capacity for growing. Kadki must have special holes on the bottom, otherwise the soil for seedlings will be too wet and will lead to decay of the roots.
As soil, it is better to use a special seed substrate or a mixture of sand and peat. Ordinary soil is not suitable for growing strong seedlings, the seeds should be in a soil rich in nutrients.
Before sowing, it is recommended to treat each seed with potassium permanganate: This will help get rid of harmful bacteria that carry most diseases.
Equally important for seedlings is the level of heat. Throughout the growing of seedlings, the temperature should vary:
- Initially, the seeds should be warmed up to 30 ° C to disinfect. This procedure should last at least 2 days.
- Following for 3 days, the grains are heated to a temperature of 50 ° C.
- After the procedure, the seeds are sown. Also, each container is covered with a transparent film. The temperature of seedlings should not exceed 23 ° C.
- As soon as the seeds germinate, the film is removed. Tomatoes are non-loveable plants, with a large amount of water in the atmosphere and soil begin to hurt.
Seedlings are watered 3 times a week. At the same time, they make sure that the plants are not in a draft or near a cold window after watering, otherwise the ground will freeze and the tomatoes will die.
Soil preparation before planting
The yield of this variety directly depends on the quality of the soil. The soil must be sandy loam or loamy, otherwise the plants will not have enough mineral components for proper growth. If the soil does not belong to one of the above types, it should be enriched artificially. To do this, just know a few secrets:
- lime or dolomite flour is used to reduce acid in the soil;
- animal manure or compost will help dilute heavy clay rock;
- sand soaked in urea removes excess moisture from the soil.
For planting tomato Katya, the best sites are those where legumes and root crops were planted a year earlier. In places where carrots or cucumbers grew, tomatoes give a lower yield.
Soil preparation begins in the fall, before the first frosts. The following set of actions should be performed:
- At the end of November, the soil is loosened and enriched with useful mineral components.
- The dug area should be wintered.
- After the snow melts, the soil is harrowed and fertilized with alkali.
It is not recommended to harrow the soil until the snow completely converges: the soil is not sufficiently saturated with moisture and will contain less minerals.
Planting seedlings and care
Plants should be protected from frost
Seedlings or seeds should be planted in the spring, when the temperature at night does not drop below 0 ° C. Freezing can cause the death of bushes. The height of the central shoot at the time of planting should be at least 20 cm. There should be several leaves and ovaries on the sprout.
According to the characteristics, the tomato planting scheme Katya F1 has the following sequence:
- form holes with a depth of 10-15 cm;
- ash and mineral fertilizers are poured into each pit;
- sprouts are planted one at a time in a hole and instilled to the first leaves;
- For comfortable watering, a moat is formed around the shoot.
If tomatoes are planted in soil with high humidity, each well is covered with soil mixed with sand. The root system of the hybrid is very fragile, and even minimal damage leads to disease and death of the plant.
The formation of bushes is carried out several times during the period of growing tomatoes. If you do not remove excess shoots in time, the plant will bring a smaller crop. In addition, the result of a lack of care for the bushes is deformed fruits.
During pinching, cut off or break off the extra shoots on the central stem of the bush. The procedure should be done in the early morning so that the sun dries out the places of breakage in a day. This will protect the plant from decay. Experts do not recommend cutting the shoots close to the stem. In this case, a new sprout quickly grows in place of the cut. The shoots should be broken off carefully, since the central stem of the tomato variety Katya is very fragile.
Fertilizer for tomatoes
Nutrients in the soil are the key to a good harvest. The lack of mineral components in the soil reduces the taste of tomatoes and reduces the number of fruits on the bushes. To achieve maximum yield, tomatoes are fed artificially. The following components are suitable as a fertilizer for tomatoes:
- fermented processes of tomatoes;
- animal manure;
- orthoboric acid.
Manure of animal origin often causes the appearance of harmful insects in the garden, so care must be taken
Watering the bushes
Tomatoes watered immediately after planting. Irrigation of the soil should occur with a frequency of once every 10 days. In the hot season, the amount of watering is increased. It is necessary to ensure that the earth does not crack: this can cause serious harm to the plant.
Direct sunlight drains the leaves and causes injury to the ovaries. To avoid this, set an artificial shadow over the area at noon. For this, special materials are acquired or mowed grass is used.
Variety tomatoes Katya F1 are attractive due to their unpretentiousness and good taste. The breeding origin of the variety endowed the plant with resistance to many diseases, which makes it possible to grow a tomato under adverse conditions.
This early-growing type of tomato is suitable for those who want to get the maximum profit in the first months of summer. Tomato shows excellent results in open planting and is suitable for greenhouse cultivation.