Description of the ram mushroom
Mushroom ram is an edible and rare species. It lives in broadleaf forests, at the base of old oaks, maples, chestnuts and beech trees, and grows and grows rapidly. The collection is carried out in August and September. The mushroom is listed in the Red Book of Russia.
Description of the ram mushroom
Description of the appearance of the mushroom
The ram mushroom looks like a giant representative of the flora, has a large fruiting body, at its base the diameter can reach 50 cm. The shape of the griffin is spherical and irregular. From the central part, many thickened branching legs grow, which end with hats of various shapes: spade-shaped, tongue-shaped, round and semicircular. The width of one such leg varies from 3 to 11 cm, and the thickness is up to 1 cm.
Curly mushroom grifol has a fleshy and leathery hat with wavy edges, which tapers in the form of a wedge near the legs. The upper part of the hat acquires a beige or gray-brown color, while the lower surface is usually painted white. The pulp of the griffin is light, brittle in structure, characterized by a rich aroma and smack of walnut. Spores are usually ellipsoidal, the powder made from them is white.
Other names - curly griffol, meitake, dancing mushroom, leafy tinder, leafy tinder, lamb head.
Due to its rich chemical composition, the lamb head mushroom has many useful properties. Meitake composition:
- proteins - 1.95 g,
- fats - 0.18 g
- carbohydrates - 8 g
- dietary fiber - 2.6 g,
- water - 90.5 g
- ash - 0.52 g,
- potassium - 205 mg
- phosphorus - 73 mg,
- magnesium - 11 mg
- calcium - 2 mg
- sodium - 2 mg
- zinc - 0.76 mg
- iron - 0.2 mg
- Manganese - 0.07 mg
- copper - 0.26 mcg,
- selenium - 2.3 mcg.
The mushroom has a rich vitamin complex:
- nicotinic acid - 7.18 mg,
- ascorbic acid - 2.2 mg,
- riboflavin - 0.25 mg,
- thiamine - 0.14 mg
- tocopherol - 0.02 mg,
- calciferol - 28.2 mcg,
- cyanocobalamin - 0.03 mcg.
The chemical composition of Meitake includes a variety of amino acids that are necessary for the human body.
- Essential: valine, lysine, leucine, isoleucine, tryptophan, phenylalamine, threonine, methionine.
- Conditionally irreplaceable: cystine, histidine, alanine, tyrosine.
- Interchangeable: proline, glutamic acid, arginine, aspartic acid, glycine, serine.
The main properties of the fungus
The fungus has antitumor properties.
According to the description, the fungus has bright winding properties:
- The immunomodulatory property is manifested in the fact that meitake is able to both inhibit the development of the immunodeficiency virus and destroy it. Stimulates resistance to infectious and seasonal diseases.
- The stabilizing effect is to optimize the metabolism of proteins in the body, regulate blood glucose levels, stabilize blood pressure, regulate the activity of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands, reduce pain in premenstrual syndrome and menopause, and normalize bile synthesis.
- The antitumor effect affects tumors of both benign and malignant origin, inhibiting their viability.
- The healing properties are that the fungus resists viruses, bacteria and fungi. It is highly effective for hepatitis B and C, chickenpox, herpes, ebola, malaria, tuberculosis, mycoplasmosis and other diseases.
- He takes an active part in the removal of toxic substances and waste, including cholesterol.
- Curly as a cosmetic product for cleansing pores and gradually narrowing them, optimizing the activity of the sebaceous glands is highly appreciated.
- The regenerative property of the fungus is used in the treatment of cirrhosis and stimulates the growth of new hepatocytes.
- The blocking effect extends to adipose tissue cells, which after that do not have the ability to be deposited in the tissues.
Mushroom lamb head is not only useful, but also safe. Despite this, there are some limitations in its use for treatment. Among the limitations, the occurrence of an allergic reaction and intolerance to individual components, as well as the age of up to 12 years, are noted.
Pregnant and lactating mothers should refuse to use the mushroom for food during the period of bearing the baby and breastfeeding, because the meitake reduces the level of glucose in the blood. With great care, it should be consumed by patients with diabetes. Mushroom lamb head reduces blood pressure, so it should not be consumed hypotensive.
Grifola has a pleasant taste and aroma, so it is worth adding as a component of many dishes of meat, fish and vegetables. One popular is miso soup. Its preparation:
- 2 l of water brought to a boil, add 4 tbsp. l special paste for miso, 2 tbsp. l soy sauce, and then - up to 400 g of maytake mushrooms, 2 pcs. leek, 7-10 stalks of green onions, cubes of tofu cheese, slices of nori seaweed.
- All ingredients are brought to a boil for 2 minutes.
- To add taste, it is allowed to add 3 tbsp. l rice wine.
Fried Chicken Breasts with Meitake and Wine Sauce:
- 800 g of chicken breasts are rubbed with pepper and salt, then fried in oil for up to 8 minutes. on the side where the skin is, then spread on a baking sheet.
- About 500 g of mushrooms are soaked in the remainder of the oil and placed next to the chicken to bake for half an hour.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter, add 1 tbsp. l flour, 110-120 ml of chicken stock, bring to a boil.
- Pour 250 ml of dry red wine, salt, pepper and sugar to taste. All this is boiled for 10 minutes.
Roasted beef with maytake and soy-cream sauce:
- 200 g of beef meat is cut into thin slices, crushed with pepper and salt.
- During beef marinating, 150 g of mushrooms are prepared.
- In a pan in 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil for 4 minutes fry the meat. Separately, melt 10 g of butter for 10 minutes. fried mushrooms. To the last lay the meat, fry for 10 minutes.
Ram mushroom is a valuable source of substances useful for the body. The product is used in cooking and as a therapeutic agent. It is a rare species. Before using its medicinal properties, you should consult a doctor.