Description of leavened mushroom
Kombucha, or kvass fungus, is not a traditional hat-type appearance, but a symbiosis of yeast fungi with acetic acid bacteria. The beneficial properties of beverages prepared on the basis of microorganisms are known. To make it at home is easy.
Description of leavened mushroom
The mushroom is whitish or yellowish in color, with a mucous surface. He has no legs, because it is a waste product of bacteria. Traditionally, it has a rounded shape.
At the initial stage, a loose film on the surface of the liquid becomes denser as it grows and grows down. With constant care and renewal of the nutrient medium, it gains weight up to 100 kg.
Kvass mushroom contains the following substances:
- gluconic acid, cojenic acid, lactic acid, acetic acid, carbonic acid;
- vitamins B, C, D, PP;
- aromatic compounds;
- Improves appetite, improves the functioning of the stomach and intestines, helps to reduce weight.
- Lowers blood pressure, cleanses the blood, removes toxins.
- It is possible to treat wounds and mucous membranes due to the presence of bactericidal properties.
- Treatment of tonsillitis, stomatitis, benefits for immunity.
- Body skin care, strengthening hair and nails.
- Slowing down aging.
- Improving sleep, normalizing sleep and wake cycles.
- Prevention of seasonal diseases.
Mushroom kvass is also a tasty cooling drink, especially useful in summer, because it restores the level of fluid and sugar in the body.
The drink is obtained as a result of fermentation, therefore it is not suitable for people with individual intolerance to yeast or components of a nutrient medium.
Harm will bring a remedy for atherosclerosis, ulcers, diabetes mellitus, fungal diseases due to the presence of sugar. Not recommended due to the presence of ethanol in children and pregnant women. A properly prepared drink is not dangerous for other groups of people.
The mushroom can be used for cosmetic purposes.
To grow a mushroom at home, you need to use: a jar or other glass container, tea, sugar, cheesecloth, gum.
Instructions for growing a product from scratch:
- Rinse with a 3 liter jar, sterilized. It should be clean and not hot.
- Brew 5 tbsp. l leaf black tea in 500 ml of water.
- Add to tea 7 tbsp. l Sahara.
- Wait for the liquid to cool to room temperature (or slightly higher). Strain the resulting solution through cheesecloth, pour into a jar.
- Cover the neck with gauze, to secure with rubber. Leave in a dark place for 45 days.
In the process of ripening of the fungus, the smell of vinegar appears, which disappears over time. After the appearance of the film, it begins to grow down, eating the components of the solution: vitamin C, caffeine, sugar. It is impossible to grow without tea: microorganisms do not synthesize the acid necessary for nutrition.
You can use the product in different ways:
- As a folk healing medicine.
- To drink because of the taste.
- Cosmetic goals.
Rules for the care of leavened mushroom:
- Washing the grown body.
- Pouring solution.
- Habitat cleansing.
The body is removed from the solution with clean hands, gently wiped with a paper towel or washed with warm water. Do not leave it in the scorching sun or put in the refrigerator.
The jar is also washed with warm water and detergents (baking soda is ideal for these purposes). After washing, thoroughly wipe the container of residual water and soap.
You can not completely drain the old solution - the new environment does not allow to grow the product. Part of the old liquid is mixed with new in a reduced amount. It is important to maintain the proper concentration of substances.
For some time, the fungus does not grow, but once accustomed to the environment, it resumes growth. A sign of favorable conditions is a product floating on the surface of the water. If it drops below, there is not enough sugar in the solution.
Irina Selyutina (Biologist):
When dividing the fungus, the question often arises: “Which side should it be placed in the jar?” This is especially worrying for those who first encounter such a procedure. In order not to unknowingly destroy the hard-grown or mined specimen, pay attention to the appearance of each side. One will be smoother and brighter. On the second - some strange bulges and processes, plus it is also darker. It is with this side down that you need to lower the mushroom. If you were given a young "dividend" - gently stroke the surface with your fingers - the one that will be smooth - the "top".
Additionally, care should be taken as follows:
- Do not store or grow from scratch in metal containers;
- do not cover the growing mushroom with a lid; air access is required;
- rinse once a week in summer, once a month in winter;
- not to allow grains of sugar and tea to get on the surface of the body of the fungus - they cause burns;
- when growing, inspect the body for mold and damage.
- The best way is to leave in solution at + 20 ... + 25 ℃. It does not stop growing, and is not susceptible to disease and drying out with proper care.
- In winter or during a period of prolonged absence, when it is not possible to care for the mushroom, it is placed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator in the vegetable compartment. Bacteria stop growing and hibernate.
- Dry the body by stopping growth. To do this, the mushroom is placed on the bottom of a deep container, covered with gauze and left in a dry place. Turn over from time to time. Store in a cupboard or refrigerator. You can revive the bacteria by placing them in a nutrient solution.
Kvass based on it is stored in the refrigerator as a regular drink.
It is not difficult to grow leavened mushroom and take care of it at home. The tool can be used in moderation for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes.