Description of the breed Uzbek pigeons
Uzbek pigeons are famous for their pedigree and flying abilities, which made them in demand both in Uzbekistan and abroad. Uzbek war pigeons, or pigeons of Uzbekistan, are distinguished by their beauty and grace.
Uzbek war pigeons
This type of bird got its name not at all because of the addiction to fights. The main reason is a special flying style: they flip and flap their wings as if they were blowing air, creating an unusual sound - a fight. Today, pigeons are a fairly large group of birds, which includes a large number of breeds.
Pigeons bred in Uzbekistan are famous for their attractive appearance: the standard assumes the presence of an amazing crest, a beautiful plumage pattern, a variety of species of tails and beaks.
Uzbek pigeons attract attention with an unusual appearance. When choosing an individual, it is worth paying attention to its appearance and state of health. Basically, farmers prefer to take the female and the male right away, so that they are suitable for breeding. It is best to buy winged only from trusted breeders or through acquaintances, where there will be confidence in the quality and naturalness of the breed. Purebred Uzbek pigeons are always highly regarded.
Uzbek war pigeon
About 100 years ago, it was possible to bring out an old-breed pigeon with good flying qualities. Breeders tried to combine decorative and flying qualities in one form, and they succeeded.
Uzbek war pigeons can be divided into several types:
Depending on the color, decorative breeds have different plumage. In flying war pigeons, the plumage can be divided into 3 main subspecies: variegated, colored, and waist. Basically they get a colorful suit of pigeons.
The most popular breeds are Molokans, Gulbadams. Uzbeks Gulbadam enjoy special respect among breeders. These are stately and very beautiful birds.
There are also decorative short-billed breeds of Uzbekistan - these are the Traps. The appearance of such birds is simply mesmerizing.
The differences between the breeds lie exclusively in the colors of the plumage. If an exhibition is planned, then individuals are specially prepared so as to highlight the beautiful plumage and show virtues. Photos allow you to compare the appearance and color features of all varieties.
Variegated and colored flying pigeons
This subspecies of pigeons is characterized by a diverse motley plumage, on which a heterogeneous pattern stands out. The most famous representatives of motley are:
- Avlak is a pigeon with a predominant white plumage and multi-colored wings.
- Chelkar - representatives with feathers on their paws.
- Guldabam is a dove whose color is dominated by white, but a bright scarlet beard stands out.
- Hakkyas are proud owners of white feathers on the tail.
- Sochi is a motley bird with a primary white color.
The main feature of colored fighting pigeons is their one-color color. The most common colors:
- the black;
The unusual color is not the only distinguishing feature of the Uzbek war pigeons. In addition, they are divided into groups, depending on the presence or absence of a forelock and its location.
- Breakless - pigeons that have no forelock.
- Nasolabia - representatives in which the forelock is placed above the beak.
- Chubati - with a forelock only on the back of the head.
- Two-toed ones are happy owners of a forelock both above the beak and at the back of the head.
The presence of a forelock is considered a kind of sign of an old-breed dove, so such representatives of birds are especially popular with breeders and incredibly valuable. Two-tailed looks beautiful at exhibitions and in the photo.
The farmer chooses the color of plumage based on personal preferences: at competitions or at an exhibition, a certain color of feathers does not play any role. The winner is the individual who best shows her flight performance. Often, poultry farmers choose the plumage of birds, which emphasizes the appearance of birds in flight.
Care and maintenance
Keeping and breeding thoroughbred individuals is not a cheap activity. Representatives of unusual breeds are found in experienced breeders with sufficient material capabilities for their maintenance. And if the pigeon is also a representative of the exhibition breed, it requires special care. All breeders adhere to a specific set of rules in order to provide birds with the highest quality care.
The basic rules are as follows:
- Proper, high-quality, balanced nutrition is the guarantee of the pigeon's health.
- Regular and timely vaccination.
- Immediately after the acquisition, the pigeon is under surveillance. It is recommended to temporarily place the birds in a separate house, so that in case of a sick condition you can immediately quarantine and ensure proper care, without risking infecting others.
- Stable temperature and moderate humidity.
- Soft flooring in the house, as its absence can injure birds. As a rule, the floor is covered with wooden sawdust and regularly changed.
- In order to increase immunity, antibiotics are mixed into the feed to the birds.
- Birds must have free access to the street.
The pigeon, which is well looked after, will have good health, and the reproductive ability, which every self-respecting breeder takes care of, is much higher. The income depends on it.
Train flight individuals in a playful manner.
To begin with, conduct short short trainings for flying over short distances. Short-billed Uzbek pigeons are well trained.
When growing and maintaining such a breed, special attention should be paid to the premises where the birds will live, as well as to a good diet. The house needs to be built spacious, since the winged ones do not tolerate small rooms and enclosed spaces.
When transporting over long distances, individuals should be accustomed in advance to a long journey and put them in a cage for a while every day.
An Uzbek fighting short-billed pigeon should live in a house consisting of several tiers: the birds are quietly located on different and do not interfere with each other.
Each individual must have a pair. They should not be allowed to fly on training flights together. If this rule is neglected, they will fly away. Each individual is trained individually, then training and competitions are productive.
If you adhere to simple tips for the care, maintenance and training of pigeons, you can raise healthy flying birds.