Description and characteristics of Tricolor chickens
The Tricolor broiler is a fairly popular type of bird, the cultivation of which is carried out by farmers in many countries. Interest in such a breed of birds, began to show not only large factories, but also simple farms.
Description and characteristics of Tricolor chickens
Chickens Tricolor as an independent breed appeared relatively recently. They were brought out by French breeders, who had previously conducted more than a dozen experiments in order to improve the local breeds, while simultaneously gaining a fast pace of chicken development, good weight gain and the refined taste of meat. If you trace the description of the breed, you can find a lot of common characteristics that link the Tricolor chickens and other representatives of the breeds bred in France. But the main difference is that this bird is grown only in order to get a delicious dietary meat.
General characteristics of the breed
If you look at the photo and compare the Tricolor broilers with other birds, on the basis of this we can conclude that the appearance of these birds is very interesting: they mainly differ in the variety of color shades of feathers.
Appearance of tricolor hens
In addition, the description of the breed suggests the following:
- The weight. The adult male (rooster) on average gains 4-5 kg, the laying hen usually weighs less, maximum - up to 4 kg.
- Lower limbs. Chickens of the Tricolor breed have rather long legs, which, like the beak, are of an intense yellow hue.
- Feathers. In the photo on the Internet you can see that this breed is most often characterized by a three-color color. It is for this reason that these birds got their name, plus they may differ from the rest. Kloshi look really unusual (unique) and even decorative. Especially if they are white, but have small inserts of black and tan. There are chickens with a reddish sternum, black with white blotches of mane and the same back. The description says that these birds have dense plumage with a small percentage of down.
- Head. The tricolor broiler has a slightly large head, but since it is bulky, it looks quite natural against the background of the body. The earlobes, scallop and earrings are large-sized, painted in a rich red color. The eyes are dark orange (closer to brown) and very expressive, but their eyes are not aggressive.
The most striking difference between birds of this breed is their body. The physique of the Tricolor chickens is massive, it has a horizontal landing. They have an ovoid body shape on high and powerful legs. Smooth contours of the figure, which are perfectly combined with a well-defined muscle relief.
Quite often, there is an opinion that Tricolor is a breed of chickens that is suitable only for meat production, so chickens are not useful as laying hens. But the general characteristic from breeders assures the opposite. hens show maximum egg laying results; the usual breed of laying hens cannot compare with them.
The puberty of chickens of the Tricolor broiler breed occurs on average at 4 months of age. This time period is characterized by the beginning of active masonry, so you need to establish the whole process as soon as possible. Tricolor hens on average carry 250-300 eggs per year. If the producer carefully monitors the nutrition, then the chickens can be used to get eggs. The color of the shell is pale pink or milky cream. weight - on average from 5 to 62 g.
Nature of birds
The bird does not require special conditions for growing, because it is distinguished by a certain phlegm, calm and slowness. Such winged people will not spend all day on walking territory; rather, leisurely walks in search of something tasty are suitable for them.
The maintenance and breeding of this breed is very attractive for those who own small poultry houses, because they exist absolutely quietly in a confined space. In addition, broilers quickly adapt to the presence of people, so being near them does not cause stressful situations.
Crosses are not suitable for breeding in a simple (natural) way. These kloshi almost completely lost their maternal instincts, so they are not suitable for hatching offspring.
But this is not the only reason why tri-flowers are not suitable for the role of a hen. Since the bird is heavy, it can simply crush eggs. Most farmers breed birds for meat, so most individuals go to slaughter before the age of the product is born offspring.
Features of the development of tricolor chickens
A photo of the young shows that the chickens adopt the best characteristics from their parents.
Recent generations have not lost the standard characteristics.
- Chicks have a good appetite, which is caused by the rapid pace of physical development, so these chickens have a great need for proper, and most importantly - balanced nutrition, saturated with vitamins and minerals.
- Young growth slows down. For this reason, chicks need to constantly maintain a stable microclimate. The feathers grow slowly and unevenly - if the bird is cold, it is easily capable of getting sick.
- The growth rate is not identical to the rate of plumage coverage. It is typical for broiler hybrids; at the age of one month, the weight of chickens is already more than 1.5 kg. A month later they gain another kilogram, such an accelerated growth is characteristic up to 5-6 months, after the young growth slows down.
The survival rate in hybrid tricolor chicks is quite high - 90-92%. But if the manufacturer provides good living conditions, the rate only increases.
With proper care at home or on farm, the breed gives all 100% of the survival of offspring. In addition, adult chicks quickly pass the period of development into full-fledged individuals.
Rules for the production and rearing of chickens
Professionals advise paying attention to the indoor microclimate. That is, in growing young animals, it is important that the environment has a normal stable temperature background and air humidity. During the first 2 weeks of life, chickens will feel comfortable in a room where the air temperature is not more than 30 ° C and humidity is 5-60%. As the pups develop, the entire mechanism of thermoregulation begins to develop, so the ambient temperature can be gradually reduced.
- It is very important that young animals have full access to water. It should be clean, and in the early days it will need to be bred warm. To improve health, you can add chamomile decoction, which has antibacterial properties and acts as a prophylactic against infections. In addition, it is allowed to solder the chicks with weak tea, glucose syrup, which improves and strengthens the immune system.
- Eating chickens should be scheduled by the hour. For the first days of life, the regime provides for 6 meals a day. Further, as you grow older, the number of meals is reduced to 3.
- It is advisable to give the chicks specialized grain mixtures, which are compiled on the basis of the basic needs of the tricolor. If a person grows poultry at home, it is allowed to use feed for broilers. For young animals, it is undesirable to make the mixture on their own, as an inexperienced person in this matter can harm the chicks, since he has little knowledge about the norms of feeding.
Vitamin reserves can be replenished by adding boiled vegetables, herbs or medicines containing all the necessary trace elements to the feed, but only in the form of a concentrate. As an option to solve the problem, you can buy a small pipette and drip vitamins into the bird's mouth.
The main thing in this matter is to do everything right, because the chicken needs to be fixed. If a person does not calculate strength, it is quite realistic that this will be the last vitamin nourishment procedure for the chick.
The content of adult birds of the breed Tricolor
There are a number of rules that you need to pay attention to in order to create the most favorable conditions for broilers to function.
- These birds have enemies: high levels of humidity, dirt and drafts. Given the fact that this is a broiler - a hybrid that has a high survival rate, the lack of normal living conditions reduces the protective functions in the body.
- These French women are very difficult to survive Russian winters. Of course, for the middle strip, birds normally experience a cold period in an unheated room, but if the producer lives in the northern part of the country, you need to make sure that the chicken coop has a well-established heating system. On average, the optimum temperature in winter is up to 15 ° С and not lower than 11 ° С.
- For maintenance, the farmer needs to prepare several floor mats. An extreme measure is the content of tricolor broilers in the cells; this does not affect the emotional state. But because of such a sedentary lifestyle, they may develop obesity. And this is a big problem for producers, since the taste characteristics of meat are deteriorating.
The period of molting begins even in the chicks, which change the fluff to normal feathers. Further, adult individuals molt only once a year, most often this time falls on the autumn period.
At this time, not all laying hens cease to lay eggs, although such a break in egg production only helps broiler hybrids to molt faster. During this period, birds are particularly vulnerable to disease. At this time, especially careful care is important.
Pros and cons of the breed
For its category, this breed is equated with one of the best, some argue that it is perfect. After all, it is growing rapidly, so it is ready for slaughter at the age of 2-3 months. Adult individuals who are responsible for the offspring can be kept for up to two years at most. But at this time, the chickens have a decrease in the level of egg production.
- It is considered to be meat, but also has good egg production.
- Unpretentious, quickly adapts to cellular living conditions.
- Hardy, has an easygoing and calm character.
The only significant drawback is that they have a mild maternal instinct, which is quickly offset by the presence of an incubator. The hatching egg needs to be selected especially carefully.
If the hen’s chicken itself has hatched offspring, you don’t need to worry, it will drive the baby and protect them. The main thing is not to give the bird unnecessary stress during the hatching period and to provide it with everything necessary.