Cucumbers with ketchup chili - favorite preparations for the winter
Today I propose to cook delicious cucumbers with ketchup chili. Such a dish is made for the winter. The marinade turns out to be piquant, the taste itself is balanced, moderately sweet and sour. Each cucumber is fragrant and very crunchy, which is what all the housewives so achieve in the preparation of these wonderful vegetables.
The recipe itself is very simple and easy, without tedious sterilization, but with double filling. This slightly increases the time costs, but believe me, the result is worth it.
- Cucumbers - 600 g
- Ketchup chili - 2 tbsp. l
- Horseradish - 1 leaf
- Currant - 3 leaves
- Dill - 2 pcs (umbrellas)
- Parsley - 4 pcs (sprig greens)
- Garlic - 3 pcs.
- Allspice - 5 pcs.
- Uksu - 1 tbsp. l (9%)
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
Cooking time: 3 hours 30 minutes (3 hours for soaking cucumbers and 30 minutes for preparing one liter jar).
- For preserving cucumbers, it is better to choose small, elastic and dense fruits. They not only look beautiful in the bank, but also are much tastier and juicier than overgrown ones.
- Before preservation, pour cucumbers with cold water for at least 3 hours so that the fruits then absorb less marinade.
- Prepared cucumbers are cut from two sides. So the marinade will be better to soak the vegetables.
- Prepare the container. Liter containers must be thoroughly washed, rinsed under running water and sterilized in any convenient way. If I take my time, then sterilize the jars on the stove above the steam. We also wash the metal covers well, fill them with water and boil on the stove for about 5 minutes. In the prepared jars, put the pre-washed greenhouse on the bottom: part of the horseradish leaf, 1 dill umbrella, 3 sprigs of parsley and currant leaves.
- Following the greens, we send the peeled cloves of garlic and allspice to the container.
- Now fill the jar with cucumbers. In the front row I spread the cucumbers while standing, slightly tilting the jar for convenience. Then I cut them in half and lay them to the very top.
- Along the cucumbers or on top (as it turns out) put the remaining dill umbrella and a sprig of parsley.
- Be sure to add the second part of the horseradish leaf on top.
- Put clean filtered water on the stove in advance. As soon as it boils, fill it in a jar. Pour boiling water not on cucumbers, but exclusively on a leaf. Immediately cover it with a metal lid and let it warm up for about 10 minutes. To keep the heat better, you can wrap the jar for a while.
- After 10 minutes, completely drain the water from the can into the pan.
- Add hot chili ketchup, salt, sugar to the pan. Mix well. We send to the stove. After boiling, boil for about a minute. Next, add vinegar to the pan, mix quickly.
- The resulting sauce is immediately poured into a jar of cucumbers. Cover with a metal lid and roll up. We turn the container upside down, wrap it up and leave it to cool for at least 2 days. The cooled jar can be stored in a cool place.
- Cucumbers with ketchup chili ready! I guarantee that such a piquant and original snack will be in demand in your family not only in winter - it is popular at any time of the year.
Cucumbers with ketchup Torchin
- Cucumbers - 600 g
- Ketchup Torchin - 2 tbsp. l
- Horseradish - 1 L
- Cherry - 3 L
- Dill - 2 pcs (umbrella)
- Garlic - 4 pcs.
- Black peppercorns - 10 pcs.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp. l (9%)
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- For preservation, we take even and small cucumbers - so they will be enough to go into a liter jar. Fruits must be filled with cold water before preservation for 3 hours. During this time, water can be changed several times. Cucumbers will become more resilient and will absorb less marinade.
- We rinse aged cucumbers in clean water.
- From each cucumber cut off tails on both sides.
- In a pre-sterilized jar, put on the bottom part of the horseradish leaf, cherry and currant leaves, dill umbrellas. We sterilize the jars either in the microwave or in the oven, or over steam on the stove, that is, any option available to you. I wash the tanks well. Boil lids for at least 5 minutes.
- Next, we send mustard seeds, black pepper, peas and peeled garlic cloves to the jar.
- Now it's time to fill the container with cucumbers.
- In the bottom row, we put the fruits standing.
- Next, we cut the cucumbers into halves - we try to fill the jar more densely to the top with them.
- From above, we cover the cucumbers with the second half of a leaf of horseradish. Pour the prepared jar with hot water, which we brought to a boil well in advance. We leave the cucumbers to warm up for at least 10 minutes, wrapping them in a towel to better keep the heat.
- After 10 minutes, pour the water into the pan and send Torchin ketchup there. Stir well and send to the stove to heat.
- While the water is heating, pour sugar, salt directly into the jar, carefully pour the vinegar.
- As soon as water with ketchup boils, let it boil for literally 1 minute and pour into a container with cucumbers. We roll it up with a metal lid, turn the jar on its side and roll it back and forth several times so that the salt and sugar melt and evenly distributed throughout the container.
- Next, turn the container upside down and wrap it with a blanket or blanket. In this position, preservation is left until it is completely cooled. And only then we store it in a suitable cool place.
- Cucumbers with ketchup Torchin ready! This appetizer is less spicy than with spicy chili ketchup. That is, ketchup can be chosen by an amateur. Want spicier, use more chili or ketchup. Such a sunset in the winter will go just to "cheers".