Characteristics of Zorochka potatoes
Zorachka potatoes - an early variety of Belarusian selection. Forms tubers in the first half of the growing season. Average productivity, taste excellent, culinary type AB. Unpretentious to the soil and weather conditions.
Characteristics of Zorochka potatoes
The characteristics of Zorohka potatoes testify to the mass of its advantages over other varieties of early selection. The bush is medium-tall, semi-erect, with green intermediate leaves. The variety ripens in just 70-75 days after planting. The first tubers dig already on the 40-45th day of planting, 9-12 pieces are tied under the bite, the average weight is 90-120 gr.
Description of tubers:
- oval slightly elongated shape;
- yellow peel with small glasses;
- light yellow flesh.
The tubers are slightly boiled, their taste is good. They contain about 14% starch and are ideal for m salads and frying.
Advantages and disadvantages
Early ripening Zorochka potatoes are grown for table use.
Its main advantage is early tuberization and the rapid growth of potatoes. Grade advantages:
- resistant to Dahlem cancer type;
- practically not affected by the nematode;
- immune to late blight;
- well preserved;
- has gustatory qualities;
- productivity 250-315 c / s hectare;
- unpretentiousness, gives good productivity on any type of soil and in various climates.
Disadvantages of the variety: it is unstable to the Y-virus, does not tolerate drought and requires regular watering, in greenhouses it is affected by whiteflies, spider mites. Relatively resistant to mechanical damage.
Tubers sprout before planting
Tubers are germinated before planting at a temperature of 4 ° C to 21 ° C. They are scattered with a thin ball in a greenhouse or room and covered with a film. In dry air, the seeds are turned over and sprayed with water, covered from direct sunlight with paper or a white cloth. Vegetable growers recommend that the seed be sanitized with a solution of potassium permanganate every week.
A plot for culture is selected sunny. This takes into account which plants were grown on it before.
Good predecessors of Zorachki:
- perennial and annual herbs;
- winter crops;
- cereals and legumes;
- in the sand - lupine.
The soil is prepared in the fall. In acidic soil on 1 m² contribute up to 200 gr. lime. Organic fertilizers are added in such quantities:
- in clay soil - a bucket of humus or peat;
- in the sand - a bucket of humus, peat and clay;
- in peat soil - 10 kg of clay, sand and humus.
On 1 m² of land contribute 1 tbsp. superphosphate, 150 - 200 gr. ash, not more than 1 tsp potash fertilizer. Vegetable growers and summer residents do not recommend fertilizing the site with fresh manure. This significantly impairs the taste of the culture. After fertilizing, the soil is deeply dug, choosing weeds and their roots.
Seeds are planted in open ground in May, when the sprouts reach a length of 1 cm. Before that, they are treated with a solution of phytosporin-M (50 g of the drug is diluted in 3000 ml of water). These measures will protect the plant from late blight.
Potatoes are planted manually or mechanically. The distance between the seeds is 30-35 cm, between the rows - at least 60 cm.
Culture requires constant care. Untimely watering or hilling entail a delay in the growth and development of the plant. In this case, to get a super-early harvest will not work.
The land around the culture should be constantly soft. This will provide unhindered air access to the roots. Loosening is performed every time a crust forms on its surface.
Potato Care Rules:
- A week after planting potatoes, the soil is loosened with a rake or harrow. If it quickly overgrows with weeds, these measures are repeated after a week.
- After the rows are formed, nightshade is treated with a hoe, destroying weeds.
- A plant with a height of 15-22 cm is spudded with earth so that it does not bend or break in the wind.
Some vegetable growers believe that it is not worthwhile to spud plants in hot, dry summers if it is not possible to provide regular watering. The tubers simply “bake” in the ground. You can not do this on a sultry sunny day, when the earth is dry.
Plants need good care
In the northern latitudes, where the summers are cool and it often rains, it is necessary to cultivate the culture. This will protect the plant from frost and rid of weeds.
Timely watering is a prerequisite for high crop yields. Watering the plant is necessary depending on weather conditions, region and soil moisture. If it rains frequently, you can forget about this event before the flowering of culture.
For the entire growing season, three plentiful irrigations are sufficient:
- during the appearance of the first shoots;
- at the beginning of flowering;
- after flowering.
Zorachka variety is sensitive to drought, in such weather it requires regular watering. Withered leaves - a signal for urgent watering. Do this in the late afternoon, pour at least 3 liters of water under each bush. Watering methods:
- in holes or furrows:
- by sprinkling.
It is better to use the first method, since the second can cause fungal diseases. The earth around the culture must be manually cultivated every other day.
The culture is fed three times throughout the growing season. The first time fertilizers are applied 3-4 weeks after planting. In the southern latitudes this is done in May, in the northern - in June. About 1 g of urea, 20 g of superphosphate and 10 g of potassium sulfate are taken per 1 m2. Fertilizers are dissolved in water and water the crop. If there is drip irrigation, it is enough to sprinkle fertilizer along the aisles. The lush and dark green tops indicate an excess of nitrogen. In this case, mineral fertilizers can be replaced with bird droppings (per 1 m2 - 200 g of droppings).
- The second top dressing is carried out after the appearance of buds, the third - after the plant has recolored.
- 2-3 times spend foliar top dressing. Bushes are sprayed with a 2% solution of a mixture of superphosphate, potassium chloride and Bordeaux fluid.
- This will not only fertilize the plants, but also protect them from painful conditions and pests.
Pests and painful conditions lie in wait for the culture everywhere, and so that this does not affect the yield, it is necessary to know measures to combat them.
Pests and ways to deal with them:
- Bear eats tubers of a young plant. You can identify it by the "moves", which are clearly visible. Pest control measures: during the planting of crops on 1 m2 lay a branch of needles; fill the passages with a solution of laundry soap; fall asleep moves. The pest will leave the site and leave.
- Potato moth affects plants in the southern latitudes, where they are grown 2 times a year. Caterpillars that eat leaves are dangerous. They are treated with drugs "Bankol", "Fosbezid" according to the instructions.
- A spider mite populates the back of the leaves, they turn yellow and fall off. Preventive measures: removal from the soil of the remains of previous plants, disinfection of greenhouses.
- The Colorado potato beetle eats leaves, flowers and plant stems. Biological pest control measures: plants regularly inspect, collect beetles, their eggs, larvae and destroy. Chemical methods: cultures are treated with “Mospilan”, “Killer”, “Stop beetle” preparations.
In addition, tubers sometimes rot. The cause is late blight, scab or dry rot. These painful conditions are easily prevented by the proper planting and collection of tubers.
It’s easy to grow a good harvest. It is necessary to carry out preventive measures and monitor pests in a timely manner.
Zorochka potato variety is an early table variety. It is resistant to most painful conditions, unpretentious to soil and weather conditions. High yield and good taste, short ripening period allowed him to occupy a worthy niche among other early types of potatoes.