Characteristics of the Soviet chinchilla
One of the most attractive breeds of rabbits is the Soviet chinchilla. The name is quite natural. Valuable, thick, very beautiful fur is similar to chinchilla fluff. Thanks to this, the variety received such a name.
Description of the Soviet Chinchilla
Often, the breeding process is carried out to obtain beautiful fur and tasty meat. But sometimes you can meet people who are breeding the breed for decorative purposes. Consider a description of the rabbit of this breed, especially its content and breeding.
The breed of rabbits Soviet chinchilla is in great demand on the territory of our country, and therefore you need to consider its description in detail. Chinchilla has an original bluish-silver color. The quality of the fur is determined by color, density and uniformity. Often the color can be zonal and have rather uneven transitions. The fluff is dense, and the edges themselves are black. A diverse color is inherent only in the outer hairs. On the back of the head, rabbits of the Soviet chinchilla breed necessarily have a light wedge, which distinguishes this species from others. In this case, the belly, tail and part of the legs on the inside are lighter.
Appearance of chinchilla rabbits
The eyes of the pussies have a cherry-brown color and a light border around. The tail end is often black, just like the edges of the ears. The head size is small, which distinguishes these rabbits from other species. The weight is small, but the body is quite large and strong. Its length is about 66 cm. The chest is massive. The back is surprisingly wide, and the croup itself is slightly rounded. Sometimes you can meet an individual weighing up to 5 kg, but this happens extremely rarely.
If we consider all the productive characteristics, then the rabbit breed Soviet chinchilla is on a par with silver, black-brown and gray breeds. Often, such rabbits are selected for the so-called culling, which is carried out according to the following criteria:
- the presence of red in the color;
- unevenness on the surface of the skin;
- the appearance of bald spots;
- heavily hanging croup;
- quite a hunchbacked back;
- broken and saggy ears.
How much does the eared eared species? Weight is 2.5-2.7 kg.
Maintenance and care
Breeding of rabbits of the breed Chinchilla Soviet obliges to consider the conditions of care and the maintenance of this species in sufficient detail. The requirements include:
- Maintaining constant cleanliness in the room (you need to regularly clean and change the litter on which the animal sleeps);
- providing systematic and balanced nutrition;
- the opportunity at any time to approach clean water: in the winter, it must be warm;
- provision of premises that will be protected from drafts and cold in the winter season;
- constant shading, especially on sunny days.
With the external content of eared in winter, you need to increase the daily nutritional intake of the diet by 15%. Soviet chinchilla rabbits in the breeding process feel good in sheds and mechanized rabbits.
In order for the described rabbits to eat normally at home, you can choose the following food options:
- various wild or seeded herbs;
- ordinary and feed vegetables, among which at least one potato must be present;
- all kinds of concentrated feed and cereals, the price of which is quite high;
- waste that can be obtained from the grower and gardener;
- coarse fibers, including straw and hay;
- mineral and vitamin supplements;
- various animal feeds.
In addition, you can feed these rabbits with the so-called live food and a special hand-made mash. It is extremely important to create a balance between the consumed minerals and vitamins.
Despite the fact that the animal world is quite rich, this breed has a special role. A video about the Soviet chinchilla breed will allow you to better learn the features of growing this variety. Breeding rabbits of this chinchilla breed is a real pleasure.