Characteristics of pear varieties Autumn Yakovleva
Pear Autumn Yakovleva - a species with prefabricated fruiting. The variety was obtained by mixing two other varieties - Bergamot Esperin and Daughter Blankova. A detailed description of the variety will be considered in the article.
Characteristics of pear varieties Autumn Yakovleva
This species is distinguished by good productivity and fruiting. Harvest preparation falls on the second half of August.
Pear variety Autumn Yakovleva - a self-fertile plant. But in order to achieve better productivity, it is better to place an auxiliary species of pollinators Lada or Augustow nearby.
- differs in frost resistance (transfers temperature to -32 ° C), but requires shelter in the winter period;
- has a high level of drought tolerance;
- fruiting for 5 years after planting the cuttings;
- It does not require special care.
Storage in cool rooms will increase the period of consumption up to 3 months. Due to this, the variety is suitable for transportation.
The tree has a round shape and can reach up to 15 meters in height. A fairly high density of foliage leads to clutter of the crown, which requires frequent pruning.
Leaves are medium sized. According to the description, they are wedge-shaped. Pointed up and have an oblong spine. Fruits are formed on stalks and twigs.
Description of the fetus
Description of fruits of the pear variety Autumn Yakovleva:
- Ribbed fruits, green
- The average weight of one pear reaches 150 g. But there are also larger fruits, which can reach 250 g;
- Seed chambers of the clamped type;
- The pulp is quite dense, sweet, with a touch of nutmeg.
The fruits are green, the weight of one pear reaches 150
Planting pear varieties Autumn Yakovleva carried out by the traditional method. If you adhere to the right technology, then in the end you can get a fruitful tree. To do this, you must perform the following care procedures:
- In spring, you need to trim the tree - remove the old branches and shorten the rest. This operation will limit the excessive growth of the tree and branches. Cutting branches will help to start the necessary process for the formation of buds and fruits. You also need to remove the stems with old flower buds. Identifying them is quite easy - they have a large number of old fruit increments.
- At the end of April, the tree must be sprayed to get rid of fungi and pests. At the end of May, gardeners begin to feed the tree with nitrate, nitrogen, sulfuric acid. Top dressing improves the quality of the soil, which as a result has a positive effect on the taste of pears.
- In hot, summertime, the plant requires abundant watering, despite the fact that pears better than other fruit crops tolerate drought in the soil. Do not forget that adult trees need to be watered not near the trunk, but where the bulk of the absorbed roots are located (under the crown of the tree and beyond).
- In mid-September, you need to perform whitewashing of pillars. The goal is to protect the pear from diseases, especially from ants.
It is necessary to mulch the soil. This can be done with any materials that are at hand (decayed sawdust, fine gravel, plant debris, and even paper). The earth should remain friable, without weeds and not dry out.
Diseases and Pests
Autumn Yakovleva has medium resistance to pests and diseases of various kinds. It is necessary to process your plant in advance for prevention.
The most dangerous disease for a tree is scab. To protect the pear from scab damage during planting, you need to use only first-class seedlings and cuttings. In case of illness, the affected fruits and foliage must be burned, buried or carried away as far as possible from healthy plants.
Another way to deal with scab is to spray the tree with freshly prepared mustard solution. To prepare the solution, 100 g of mustard powder must be dissolved in 250 ml of warm water. Pour the mixture into a full 10-liter bucket of water.
In addition to scab, there are other diseases:
- Fruit rot. Brownish-colored rot appears on pears, which quickly spreads and begins to occupy almost the entire area of the fruit. To solve this problem, it is necessary to spray the tree with a solution of copper sulfate immediately after harvesting.
- Sooty fungus. It is a dark, spotty coating similar to soot. The fruits remain suitable for consumption and further processing, but their presentation, taste and shelf life are lost. To combat the disease, you need to treat the plant with infusion of tobacco dust or soap in the early spring (before the buds open).
- Rust. Among the main signs of wood damage by rust are red spots on the foliage. Treatment with Bordeaux liquid or copper chloride will help.
- Powdery Mildew During the defeat of this disease, the leaves acquire a powdery-white coating, which eventually becomes a red tint. For the prevention of powdery mildew, it is necessary to remove dried shoots with their subsequent burning. You also need to periodically spray the tree.
In the autumn period, to protect against pests, you need to clean the bark of the tree and whiten it, and dig the earth around. This operation is recommended after rain.
Variety of pear Autumn Yakovleva has high productivity and stable fertility. In its composition has various vitamins and nutrients.
According to gardeners, it is characterized by medium resistance to various pests and fungal diseases. Particularly affected by scab. Needs constant pruning of the crown, frequent watering in hot, summer weather and treatment in order to prevent diseases.