Characteristics of grapes
Grapes Krasen is a universal table variety. Often used to make sweet homemade wine. Berries of this variety are juicy, large, bright in color.
Characteristics of grapes
Variety Krasen is a hybrid obtained by crossing Magarych and Antey. Matures for a long time - about 130-140 days. The bush gives the first fruits in mid-late August.
Productivity is high - up to 180 centners of fruit are harvested from 1 ha. Another advantage of the variety is its resistance to temperature changes. It withstands frosts down to -25 ° С. Grape grapes can be grown on an industrial scale and in the garden.
Bushes of Krazena are vigorous. The peak of growth is the first 2 years after planting. This feature must be taken into account when choosing the place of plant growth.
The average height of the bush is up to 2 m. A compact formation is suitable for it. Then all the clusters will develop evenly, the risk of peeling is reduced.
At the ends of the bushes are powerful shoots. The length reaches a maximum of 30 cm. Bunches are formed even on second-order raids.
Description of clusters:
- weight reaches 1 kg.
There are up to 100 berries per cluster. Withstands 2 brushes per 1 vine. From 4 medium clusters, about 4-5 liters of juice are obtained.
According to the description of the variety, the berries are oval, rarely round. They have an elongated shape. The size is large - 3 * 4 cm. The weight of 1 berry is up to 15 g.
Features of the fruit:
- the color of the fruit is dark purple;
- the flesh is transparent inside;
- the peel is soft, thin, but strong;
- the taste is initially sour, but sweet when fully ripened.
According to the description, there are no seeds in the fruits. Therefore, grapes can be given even to small children.
The grape variety Krasen is used for the manufacture of alcoholic products. It is the main component in dessert wines - Cahors and Magarach. Suitable for creating pastille, jams, jams, sweet pastes. Processed into raisins. Used as a decoration in cold salads and desserts.
Plant health depends on proper planting
Compact growth is required for healthy growth and development of the variety. A distance of 50 cm is observed between the seedlings, and from this the yield will only increase.
Planting is carried out using a seedling. It should not have scratches, wounds, or other damages. Pay attention to the root system. It is desirable that it be powerful, developed, not overdried or waterlogged.
Landing site requirements:
- good lighting (the bush will not stay in the shade);
- groundwater is at a height of less than 1 m;
- There are no fruit trees or bushes nearby.
- Despite frost resistance, it is better to cover bushes. This will help preserve the crop and plant. For this, agrofibre is used. Sometimes mulching is done using mulch paper, straw, rotted grass, etc.
- Pruning is done to heal and rejuvenate the plant. There is no exact time, because carried out when necessary - when there are dry, broken branches, non-bearing bunches. To do this, use a secateurs, which are pre-treated with alcohol.
- Stepsoning is necessary to eliminate second-order raids. Sometimes they interfere with the bush to grow, taking away nutrients. As a result, the yield is poor, the fruits are of poor quality. They also do it with the help of secateurs.
Top dressing should be applied 2 years after planting. You don’t have to do this before.
In the spring make mineral fertilizers. These include:
- Nitrogen. The application time is the beginning of May. Nitrogen is found in urea and ammonium nitrate.
- Potash. Such fertilizers are applied in June. The component is present in potassium salt, potassium chloride and sulfate.
- Phosphate The fertilizer application period is the end of April. In such instillations, superphosphate is the main component.
In the fall, organic dressing is introduced. Their basis is manure, bird droppings, compost, peat.
Use warm water for watering.
Variety Krasen first watered after removing protection from frost. Make 1-2 buckets under 1 bush. Water must be warm.
- Before flowering. For 1 grape bush Krasens take 3 buckets of water.
- After flowering. It will take about 4 buckets of water per 1 plant.
- After fruiting. Little water is needed - about 1 bucket per bush.
Once every 2 weeks, drip irrigation is done. It is carried out early in the morning or late in the evening after sunset to moisten the plant during drought.
Diseases and Pests
Grapes Krasen is affected by fungal and bacterial diseases, pests. The most common are:
|Name of disease, pest||Signs||Ways to fight|
|Mildew||Initially, it affects the branches, after which it switches to shoots and leaves. The latter become twisted. Brown and yellow spots appear on the leaf plate.||Fungicides are suitable for eliminating fungal disease. The most effective are Antracol, Bordeaux mixture, Kuproksat, Ridomil, Strobi, Thanos, Horus, Copper chloride.|
|Oidium (powdery mildew)||Curly leaves, covered with white or silver plaque on the back, are the first sign of oidium. If the grapes have already formed fruits, they become covered with black spots.||Use Bordeaux fluid. If this does not help, apply fungicides (the same as with mildew).|
|Gray rot||Fruits are covered with gray rot. Become watery. Due to heavy weight they fall off.||The plant will save copper oxychloride. Effective will be Antracol, Kuproksat, Ridomil, Strobi, Thanos, Horus.|
Grapes of the Krasen variety are distinguished by excellent taste characteristics. To get a high quality crop, follow the rules of planting and growing.