Characteristics of Centurion f1 cabbage
Cabbage Centurion is a hybrid of French breeding, which has established itself well thanks to its high yield and stable fruiting. It is suitable for growing in different regions.
Characteristics of Centurion f1 cabbage
The variety belongs to mid-season hybrids, from the moment of sowing seeds to ripening 120-125 days pass. It has an average yield of 120 tons per 1 ha. It can be grown under film coatings and in open ground. It is suitable for double crop rotation. White cabbage of this variety is well transported and can be stored all winter.
Cabbage Centurion F1 is highly resistant to Fusarium, rarely affected by thrips, tolerates temperature fluctuations and drought without loss of crop quality. The variety is undemanding to the soil.
Description of head:
- heads are even, large with tight-fitting leaves.
- color is green with a blue tint;
- round shape;
- weight 2.5-3.5 kg;
- density 4.3 points;
- the stoker is short, small;
- leaves are smooth, thin, with a waxy coating.
The cut-out head is white in color with a very dense structure.
This cabbage is suitable for all kinds of culinary processing, has a pleasant sweetish taste and is suitable for fresh salads, does not lose its density during souring and remains crispy.
Sowing and planting in the ground
White cabbage is grown in seedlings. Centurion cabbage seeds are sown, starting from the 20th of March.
A universal nutritious soil mixture is suitable for sowing. Before use, it is disinfected. To do this, pour soil with boiling water or a slightly pink solution of potassium permanganate. Seeds before sowing can be treated with a growth stimulator:
|No. p / p||title||Dosing ml / 100 ml water||Soaking time, h.|
Prepared seeds are sown in soil to a depth of 1-1.5 cm, seedlings appear after 7-10 days. For containers with seedlings, choose a sunny place with an air temperature above 18 ° C. Young plants are watered in small portions of room temperature water as the soil dries. At the age of 10-14 days, seedlings are dived in separate containers (peat pots, plastic cups, seedling cassettes).
Seedlings are planted in heated soil
Cabbage seedlings Centurion f1 are planted in the soil when it reaches a height of 15-20 cm and will have 4-5 true leaves, and the soil warms up to 12-14 ° C. Before planting, the seedlings are hardened, and for this they are taken out for several hours every day. The time spent by plants in the open air is gradually increasing.
Seedlings are planted on prepared and carefully dug up beds.
Wells for cabbage are made in rows according to the scheme of 30 x 40 cm. A mixture of sand, humus and ash is laid out in them, watered with water, seedlings are carefully planted together with an earthen lump. If the average air temperature is below 15 ° C or there is a risk of frost, the bed is covered with agrofibre or film.
A stable and high yield of cabbage depends on proper care throughout the growing season.
Variety Centurion F1 can withstand periods of drought, but for good growth and for the formation of quality heads, regular moderate watering is required. Watering Rules:
- Water should be warm, with temperatures above 20 ° C.
- It is better to water in shallow furrows in the aisles.
- In the sunny hot period they are watered every 2-3 days, in cloudy weather - once every 6-7 days.
- Do not overfill and allow stagnation of water.
- After watering or rain, you need to loosen the aisles.
- During a period of lowering temperature and rains, watering is stopped.
- 3-4 weeks before harvesting, irrigation is stopped to avoid cracking heads.
To improve the quality of water for irrigation, hydrogen peroxide is added to it (per 10 liters of water 2 tbsp. L. Peroxide). This will facilitate soil aeration, as well as disinfect the soil to prevent fungal diseases.
For good yield and growth of tight heads during the growth period, Centurion cabbage is enough to feed twice. Mineral and organic fertilizers are suitable for feeding. It is important to ensure a sufficient amount of nitrogen in the initial period of growth and enrich the soil with phosphorus and potassium at the time of heading.
The first top dressing is carried out in 14-21 days after planting seedlings in open ground. Feeding options:
- 5 l of rotted cow manure is dissolved in 10 l of water, mixed well, insisted for 12-24 hours, before use, diluted in a ratio of 1: 5 and spaced aisles.
- Urea (30 g) is dissolved in 10 l of warm water. For one plant, 200 ml of solution is enough.
- Ammonium nitrate (20 g) is dissolved in a bucket of water. The resulting solution is sprayed on the leaves.
- Mix in 10 l of water 1 tbsp. ash and 30 g of superphosphate. Watering the aisles.
After two weeks, the seedlings must be fertilized
The second top dressing is carried out in 15-20 days after the first. It provides plants with nutrients for the full growth of the head of cabbage. You can use the following compounds:
- Mix 0.5 l of chicken droppings with 30 g of superphosphate and dissolve in a bucket of water. Insist 12 hours, stirring occasionally. Before use, dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 5 and only then water.
- Pour 10 liters of warm water 1 kg chopped fresh nettle, add 2 tbsp. l superphosphate. Insist 1 day. Under one plant, 200 ml of finished dressing is enough.
- Pour 2 cups of wood ash with a bucket of water, mix well, water the aisles, and also spray on the sheet.
Centurion, like many hybrids, shows resistance to various fungal and viral diseases, but if agricultural technology is not followed or weather conditions are difficult, the following diseases may develop:
- keel - growths appear on the roots, cabbage ceases to grow, is easily taken out of the ground;
- parasporosis - gray and yellowish spots appear on the leaves, the leaves gradually fade and dry;
- Fusariosis - yellow spots appear on the leaves near the veins, gradually the leaf dries out;
- turnip mosaic - dark spots appear that grow and spread over all leaves, as a result the head of cabbage is damaged and not suitable for use.
To prevent the defeat of diseases, you need to carefully weed out the soil, loosen the soil, to prevent overmoistening of the soil. Also, before sowing seeds, the soil and seeds are disinfected. If a disease is detected, the affected plants are removed, and the plants are treated with special fungicidal agents.
Centurion f1 is resistant to thrips, but can be affected by other pests characteristic of cabbage.
Most often it is aphids, cabbage fly, cruciferous fleas. They can cause significant damage to the crop, as well as become carriers of diseases.
For preventive purposes, the leaves are sprinkled with wood ash every 10 days. You can also spray with garlic infusion. For cooking, you need 2-3 heads of garlic, they need to be chopped and pour 5 liters of hot water, let cool and spray the plants.
Centurion is a high-quality hybrid that will allow you to get a high yield with good taste and a long storage period. Proper agricultural technology, top dressing and prevention from diseases and pests allow you to get high yields.