Characteristics of Borkovskaya Barvistaya
Borkovskaya barb breed is characterized by high egg productivity, because the birds are popular among farmers who want to get a stable and high-quality egg production. Barbed chickens are able to quickly adapt to any climatic conditions, and a high rate of productivity does not decrease even in winter. By the way, in winter the bird can live on deep litter and in cages. Borkovskaya breed of chickens is also famous for tasty meat and unpretentiousness in leaving. Borkovsky barbarian breed of chickens description and photos can be found on the Internet
Borkovskaya Barvisty breed of hens
Characterization of the appearance of chickens
Not only high productivity contributes to the fact that most farmers prefer chickens of this breed. Borkovskaya chicken has an attractive rustic appearance. In order to distinguish "simpletons" from other breeds, it is necessary to remember the main characteristics of birds. They are characterized by special characteristics.
- The presence of a characteristic characteristic of egg breeds - a light skeleton, a small but well-formed body with smooth lines. The laying hen does not have a prominent breast, abdomen and hips - her whole body is elongated and neckless. The limbs and hips are small in size.
- The presence of a small head, decorated with a leaf-like crest. Hens can have red or pink earrings.
- The Borkovskaya barbarian breed of chickens has a characteristic feature: developed elongated limbs that are close to each other. Metatarsus yellow with an unexpressed gray tint. The beak of birds has the same color.
- Rigid, but at the same time very dense plumage. The amount of fluff is moderate. The feathers are slightly shorter than the tail plaits. A back with a tail creates an obtuse angle.
- The presence of a small body weight, which in turn does not interfere with the cultivation in order to obtain meat products. The average weight of the male does not exceed 2.8 kg, and the laying hen is 2.2 kg. The meat has a pleasant and delicate taste, and a soft yellow skin covers the carcass.
- Individuals of the breed have different colors: sometimes there are white, brown, red hens.
The appearance of birds is a pleasant addition to their calm nature and unpretentiousness in the content. By the way, the nature of the hens of the breed is considered by many poultry farmers to be truly ideal. In addition to being smart and quick-witted, they are non-aggressive and easily get along with all the birds in the chicken coop. We can say that the Borkovskaya laying hen is an ideal resident of the house. The only insignificant drawback can be considered only a tendency to create noise. This is due to the loudness and melodiousness of the birds and manifests itself during each yard walking. The herd can be silenced only during the period of feed intake.
Reviews of chickens of the Borkovskaya barbisty breed assure that birds can differ in productivity for many years, but activity gradually begins to decline after 4 years of maintenance. The greatest performance can be achieved in the first years of life. Another advantage of keeping chickens is that they rarely have health problems. The Borkovskaya breed of chickens is protected by strong immunity, which is able to withstand pathogens. However, like any living creatures, birds can be attacked with irregular feeding or vitamin deficiency. Very often, a laying hen, at the peak of activity, becomes a victim of a lack of vitamins, thereby impairing productivity.
Features of egg production and puberty
Early maturity is the trait that is characteristic of Borkovsky layers, which is quite rare among representatives of other breeds. Chickens of the breed begin to realize their egg activity at the age of about 5 months. Later puberty is very rare.
Borkovskaya barbarian layer can show high performance only with good care. So, the chicken is able to lay up to 280 eggs in one year, and it will rush even in winter cold and severe frosts. The cream egg has a light shell and does not look large, its weight reaches 55-60 g. At the same time, it contains a large amount of protein.
Unlike many productive, but finicky layers, Borkovskaya feathered has an excellent maternal instinct. All representatives of the breed become wonderful mummies, because the farmer definitely does not need incubation equipment, just like the search for an additional brood. Borkovskaya chicken is an example of an ideal brood, which can surprise many poultry farmers.
About breed chickens
The description of chickens breeding, like the process itself, does not directly represent any difficulties and does not have “pitfalls” even for beginner poultry farmers. Natural incubation, as experience proves, contributes to an increase in the percentage of surviving chicks. Small chickens of this breed are mainly hit by resistance to various external negative factors or diseases - on average 95% of the younger generation survive (if it comes to proper care and feeding). The Borkovskaya barbarian breed of chickens represents medium-sized cubs, whose weight almost reaches 48 g, and sometimes does not even reach this mark. The tiny body of the chick has a gray egg tint and fluff covered with blotches. Kids are characterized by fast and active weight gain, accompanied by slow growth. Barbist chick chicks have the ability to immediately fly and become part of the life of an adult herd. Once the sex of the small birds is determined, they separate. The breed is distinguished by rather cocky and arrogant young males, which, in addition, need more food and vitamins.
If the breed of chickens has too many young cocks, the most aggressive ones are prepared for slaughter at the age of one year, leaving one leader per 10 goals for laying hens. Small hens of the breed also need a special diet rich in mineral elements.
How to feed a flock of adult chickens
In order for both the barbarian laying hen and the rooster to live a long and productive life, it is necessary to provide them with a balanced and healthy diet from the beginning of life. Since the breed is unpretentious, it is quite simple to make a complete diet for it - it is only important to observe the basic and uncomplicated recommendations.
- Whatever the season and weather conditions, the proportion of grains should be included in the daily menu of the hens. The only remark relates to the fact that in a particularly warm season, cereals can be replaced with greens and similar feeds. The grain component must be diverse and saturated with all the substances necessary for life. Combined feeds of industrial production have especially proven themselves. When preparing mixtures on their own, it is better to use the ratio of wheat, oats, corn and rye.
- Feeders should always be filled with vitamins found in vegetables or green products. In winter, this must be double-tracked.
- To activate masonry and improve the well-being of birds, emphasis is placed on eating food with calcium and minerals. A small amount of chalk and grated shells are left in the chicken coop.
- It is necessary to protect the chickens from areas littered with stones, so as not to lead to indigestion and other unpleasant consequences.
- It is imperative to provide birds with a plentiful amount of liquid at any, especially dry, season. Water needs to be changed regularly and filled as needed.
As already mentioned, the feathered breed of hens of the Borkovskaya layer is not considered picky, because they do not need special living conditions. As for other birds, for hens you need to create the best possible comfortable, clean and spacious chicken coop. Walking in a large yard can take place even in the cold season, given the need for a shelter or shelter from changing weather conditions. To equip the house, you can use any utility room or barn.
Due to its light weight, birds can easily perch. However, it is important to remember that the flies prefer to fly regularly, therefore, equipping the paddock, it is important to make a fence whose height will exceed 2 m. As for the region for keeping, then Borkovskie chickens can be placed in any area, wherever they are, quick adaptation is guaranteed . It is only important to keep the temperature above zero throughout the year. In winter, it is enough to insulate the chicken coop.
Do not forget about the molting period, during which the females cease to rush. Shedding begins in October and is able to prepare a layer for the upcoming winter. Poultry farmers believe that in the absence of a fur coat change, everything must be done for its forced occurrence, so that the activity of the hens does not decrease.
About the advantages and disadvantages
Summing up, we can say that the Borkovskaya breed is a real storehouse of pleasant traits of character and productivity. The main advantages of birds include:
- frost and stress resistance;
- developed maternal instinct;
- good and high egg production and productivity;
- poise and pickiness;
- good health;
- the possibility of year-round egg production;
As the years of communication between farmers and chickens of the breed prove, it is almost impossible to find flaws, because you can easily get used to even vociferousness. In general, barb chickens are the best choice for home or entrepreneurial breeding.
The barbarian breed of chickens is a real example of how all birds should behave. In addition to incredible productive qualities, the hens of this breed are striking in their flexible character and attractive appearance. The description and characterization of the individuals once again proves that the breeding of Barbed hens is the right and interesting solution. If you are interested in the true Borkovskaya breed of chickens, remember, you will not be mistaken in your choice.