Characteristic pear variety Fairy
Fairytale pear is a flying pear variety. If you adhere to the cultivation technology, then for 2 years after planting, the culture will delight with its fruits.
Characteristic pear variety Fairy
The flowering period of the Fairytale Pear falls in the second half of May and lasts until mid-June. The tree begins to bear fruit in the second half of August.
According to the description of the pear variety Fairytale, the culture is highly fruitful. In the 2nd year after planting, the tree already gives a good harvest (up to 3 kg), and in 4-5 it is possible to collect up to 10 kg of fruits from one tree.
Store fruit after harvest is advised up to 10 days. Then the flesh takes on a brown tint.
The height of the tree reaches 4 m. The trunk of the tree is dark brown in color, with slight peeling.
The crown is quite thick, pyramidal in shape. The branches on the trunk are densely arranged, directed upwards. The leaves are oval, small in size and with a sharp edge.
The fruits of this crop are medium in size. Weight varies from 180 to 200 g. For 4-5 years after planting, they can reach 250 g.
Fruits have the correct pear-shaped shape. The skin is quite dense and tough, therefore it is recommended to clean it before use. Its color during ripening varies from green to yellow with a slight blush.
The fruits are tasty, have a pleasant aroma.
The description of the pulp is as follows:
- white color;
- oily consistency;
- very juicy.
The fruits are tasty, have a pleasant aroma. They can be eaten fresh, as well as squeeze juice from them, cook jam and compote.
A fabulous pear needs quality care. To obtain high yields, it is very important to carry out a number of timely agricultural activities:
- digging the soil near the plant;
- weed removal;
- proper moderate watering;
- frost protection;
- constant top dressing;
It is also necessary to carry out sanitary pruning of the crown 2 times a year. During pruning, remove dried or damaged branches. Also cut are those that do not bear fruit. Cutting off the places must be treated with garden var.
When buying a seedling, you need to inspect it. Pay attention to the roots, in no case do not get a seedling with signs of rot.
It is necessary to plant a tree so that the neck of the seedling is on the same level with the ground. Because the pear of this variety does not tolerate a strong planting depth.
After the work done, the plant needs to be watered and sprinkled with dry earth on top. The landing site should be chosen not swampy. Excessive humidity can cause a lot of diseases.
The plant needs to be watered periodically all summer after planting. In winter, cover the tree with snow to protect it from rodents.
For good growth and development, the plant needs to be fed. When choosing fertilizers, you need to consider:
- plant age;
- soil type;
- individual growth characteristics.
Fruit tree can be fed, starting with planting a seedling. A little manure is put in a hole mixed with soil. This helps to strengthen the root system of culture.
While digging up a near-tree circle near a tree, peat is introduced into the soil. Then the earth near the plant is watered so that the roots are saturated with useful substances.
A fabulous pear needs quality care.
In spring, the tree is fertilized with nitrogen fertilizers. They bring great benefits during the growing season. Phosphate and potassium fertilizers are also used with nitrogen (in a ratio of 3: 4: 1).
More attention should be paid to fertilizing the culture for 2 years after planting. She at this time requires a lot of nutrients that are contained in fertilizers.
Diseases and Pests
The main advantage of this species is its resistance to various diseases. Sweet Pear Fairytale does not damage scab, gall mite, black cancer, as well as fungal diseases. But due to improper care, a tree can hit:
- Sooty fungus. This disease damages the leaves and fruits of the pear. On them you can find a black coating that resembles soot. This disease primarily damages weak trees and those that lack minerals. This fungus is not afraid of winter. He is hiding under the bark of a tree. The main carriers of soot fungus are insects. To prevent the disease, you need to use the insecticide "Calypso", and for treatment - the fungicide "Fitoferm".
- Powdery Mildew On inflorescences and leaves of the tree you can see a powdery-white coating, which after a while becomes a reddish hue. Damaged parts dry out and fall away. Prevention of this disease is the removal of damaged leaves with their subsequent burning. Gardeners also use folk remedies - they spray the tree with a 1% solution of potassium permanganate.
- Moniliosis or fruit rot. Fruits are covered with brown growths and lose their taste. It is very difficult to notice this disease on the fruit, as it manifests itself during the ripening period. Damaged fruits dry on a tree or sprinkle. To prevent the disease of the plant, in spring and autumn you need to process the solution with lime (1:10).
Particular attention should be paid to the quality of work done from these diseases. After all, they can harm the tree and affect fruiting.
The variety of pears Fairytale is very popular. The fruit is very resistant to various diseases and pests, so it does not require constant spraying. The only drawback is the short storage time.