The characteristic features of pigeons
Pigeons Hryvuna belong to the native Russian breed of pigeons, which has gained special distribution recently. The breed has an elegant appearance and an unusual way of flying. Perm Grivuns were bred in the Urals in the 19th century, however, only one century later representatives with characteristic marks, exterior and flight qualities that distinguish these birds from the rest began to appear.
Doves of Hryvnia
The Hryvnians got this name, thanks to an interesting color, which is solid and uniform throughout the body, but also has a contrasting spot on the back of the head. You can learn more about what constitutes the unique appearance of pigeons, as well as about the main characteristics.
What are their features
The Doves of Grivovna, as already mentioned, are a truly Russian breed, which also has a second name: sometimes these beautiful birds are called “Permyaks” because of the corresponding city of origin. Already in the twentieth century, Perm Grivuns began to appear in Chelyabinsk, Izhevsk, Kirov, Sverdlovsk. Currently, many Russian and Ukrainian dovecot boast the content of these amazing beauties. Consider what relates to the features of appearance.
- Compact, neat and elegant.
- The presence of a proportional body with a strong skeleton and qualitatively developed muscles, a strong and broad chest with a clear bulge and elation.
- A rounded, elongated head, smoothly connected to the forehead, nape and crown.
- Wings are medium in size and large, slightly convex, shiny eyes, whose black color is mesmerizing. Light and thin eyelids.
- The presence of a strong constitution, a wide chest, a low-set body, a direct and sophisticated light beak with a pink hue. The top of the key has a curved end.
- Oblong medium wax. The presence of a chin with a shallow neckline that looks like an arc in contact with the neck. A straight and full neck, which in turn expands closer to the shoulders and smoothly passes to the chest area.
- Missing plumage on limbs with raspberry color. Light cropped claws.
- The back is narrowed near the tail, expanding at the shoulders, but neatly passing to the tail.
- The wing is short, reaching the border. A straight and even tail is also small, narrow, characterized by closeness.
- Dense, rigid, wide, elastic plumage, characterized by smoothness.
A medium-sized feathered bird can be found in completely different variations, but often Perm pigeons are distinguished by red, gray, black, yellowish plumage. You can distinguish a white representative by a clear black and contrasting mark just below the back of the head. The Yaroslavl False Winged Grivans have a larger size, long tail and unique cherry eye color.
High-flying Hryvnia, like Ochakov, Nikolaev and fighting, can fly so high that they can’t even see from the ground. In flight, the Hryvnas circle, periodically changing the frequency of the swings and the duration of the soaring. Being flocking, pigeons begin to take off in a friendly osprey, after which separation of some individuals soaring above all may occur. Birds can now periodically turn blue, then again disappear from sight.
As for the weak pigeons, they get tired much faster, because they sit down on the ground slowly. More hardy pigeons are able to soar in the air for 8 hours or more. Feeding specialists call hardy birds diamonds, because some individuals are in the sky for more than 12 hours at a great distance from the earth.
To train the birds, it is better to choose clear weather in order to see a bright flight. Perm pigeons do not like to "stay up" in the winter, therefore, at the end of a week of training, they fly with maximum grace and beauty. Choosing such a handsome man, the pigeon breeder draws attention to several important parameters. The size of the body should not exceed 38 cm, it should be proportionate and streamlined, and the stand should have a slight slope. The pigeon’s chest cannot be high or not raised, it must “step forward”.
Sometimes professional and selective pigeon breeders can find in the breed a number of permissible and inadmissible shortcomings. The first experts include the presence of:
- feathered and tall limbs;
- horizontal rack;
- unusual beak, having an owl shade, short and thick;
- dark brown eyes with wide eyelids;
- uneven plumage color;
- dark claws.
Inadmissible characteristics for Grivun include the presence of:
- rough and sharp body constitution;
- feathered high paws;
- not closing, narrowed and shortened wings;
- wide and not closed tail;
- sunken and weakened chest;
- light shade of the eyes;
- black beak;
- inappropriate breed colors with colored feathers, a different pattern.
The pigeons of Hryvnia, both in the photo and in life, are able to attract attention with their elegant and unique appearance. Perm birds can become a real decoration for any pigeon, despite some possible flaws. The flight of birds can be so high that they cannot be seen from the ground. The breed features make birds welcome guests in the pigeonhole of any, even professional pigeon breeder.