Caviar from green tomatoes - flies first in winter
If you use unripe tomatoes for harvesting for the winter, you get a very interesting dish. Caviar from green tomatoes will surprise you with a piquant taste and bright appearance - it can be a delicious snack, as well as a salad or meat sauce. The combination of vegetables, spices and vegetable oil is not only surprisingly tasty, but also healthy.
Caviar from green tomatoes "Lick your fingers"
- Green tomatoes - 1 kg
- Carrots - 500 g
- Onions - 500 g
- Garlic - 10 pcs (cloves)
- Salt - 1 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp. l (9%)
- Ground black pepper - 1.5 tbsp. l
- Paprika - 1 tsp.
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml
- We take all the products.
- We take green tomatoes, can be used with brown spots. We wash them and cut out all the damaged places. Then put for an hour in salty cold water.
- We clean onions, carrots and garlic. Onions are cut into two or four parts. Cut the carrots into slices.
- Soaked tomatoes are cut into halves or quarters. We attach the stems of the peduncle.
- We pass the tomatoes through a meat grinder and send it to the pan. We put on fire, cook under the lid over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pass carrots and onions through a meat grinder. You can use the food processor.
- Add vegetables to the tomatoes.
- Mix and cook under the lid for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, black pepper.
- We send paprika and tomato paste to the pan.
- Three garlic on a coarse grater and add it to vegetables and spices.
- Pour the odorless vegetable oil.
- Stir, bring to a boil over low heat. Pour vinegar into 9%.
- The last time we mix, cook for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Wash cans in soda solution, rinse, sterilize on a stove or in the oven. Boil the lids for 5 minutes. We lay the eggs on prepared jars and close the lids. Turn the jar over, wrap it with a warm blanket and leave for a day.
- We store the prepared caviar from green tomatoes in a cool, dry place.
- A delicious preparation of seasonal vegetables diversifies the home menu and becomes the signature treat of a practical hostess.